ADVERTISEMENT

Senior Day Tomorrow

BoilerPride08

Senior
May 18, 2006
It's been a big question on who is leaving and who will possibly be staying to use their extra year. Well judging from a post on the WBB FB account - LP, Hardin will be playing their last game in Mackey - that was expected as both have used their eligibility - but also included with that is Woltman - who I believe has 1 year left but won't be back. So that means, as of right now, they are expecting JT, Ellis, Harper returning for next year.

Obviously things could change but that's where we are at right now.

Reactions: DocRon
It's been a big question on who is leaving and who will possibly be staying to use their extra year. Well judging from a post on the WBB FB account - LP, Hardin will be playing their last game in Mackey - that was expected as both have used their eligibility - but also included with that is Woltman - who I believe has 1 year left but won't be back. So that means, as of right now, they are expecting JT, Ellis, Harper returning for next year.

Thanks, Terry will be the interesting one, it was pretty much known that Ellis and Harper were returning, Terry would be nice to have around and extra year, we’ll see though, that probably can go either way.

For some reason I have a real soft spot for Rickie Woltman and would like to see her return for 1 more season. Despite being replaced by Caitlyn Harper as a starter, I think she improved this year and even more in the last few games. Kinda feel like she was ignored and not developed under the previous coach and finally is getting her chance.

That said, I don’t know alot about who is coming in next season, so her role might be even less next year if she stays. CKG may have had a conversation with her regarding next season, or Rickie may be ready to move on to start her career.
I am pumped about Abbie Ellis and Harper returning, and also hope JT does too. Solid core there.

Anxious to see how the team fares in their last 2 games. Really hope to see solid, focused, energetic, smart play. The Dance awaits - they need to seize this opportunity! Boiler Up ladies!

For some reason I have a real soft spot for Rickie Woltman and would like to see her return for 1 more season. Despite being replaced by Caitlyn Harper as a starter, I think she improved this year and even more in the last few games. Kinda feel like she was ignored and not developed under the previous coach and finally is getting her chance.

That said, I don’t know alot about who is coming in next season, so her role might be even less next year if she stays. CKG may have had a conversation with her regarding next season, or Rickie may be ready to move on to start her career.
I am pumped about Abbie Ellis and Harper returning, and also hope JT does too. Solid core there.

Anxious to see how the team fares in their last 2 games. Really hope to see solid, focused, energetic, smart play. The Dance awaits - they need to seize this opportunity! Boiler Up ladies!
Staff is high on Mary Ashley Groot, obviously long way between now and the start of next season but they are excited about her. She’s the forward of the class.

I think Rashunda Jones, McKenna Layden, Sophie Swanson and Emily Monson could find roles off the bench, but one or two could end up redshirting because of the depth. Layden and Jones are the two who’ll likely see the most time out of those four.

I see on Twitter that it looks like Swanson has a leg injury as she isn’t playing for her team in the post season. There’s no info on the injury I can find but if it’s serious (ie ACL) you’d think that will mean a red shirt next season.

Jones and Groot will factor in as freshman with Layden having to compete with her big sis at the 3 spot and you’d hope big sis would have the advantage there. Could def see Monson redshirting. Will also be interesting to see what happens with Holzer - seems to be a complete unknown and def a SV holdover

I see on Twitter that it looks like Swanson has a leg injury as she isn’t playing for her team in the post season. There’s no info on the injury I can find but if it’s serious (ie ACL) you’d think that will mean a red shirt next season.

Jones and Groot will factor in as freshman with Layden having to compete with her big sis at the 3 spot and you’d hope big sis would have the advantage there. Could def see Monson redshirting. Will also be interesting to see what happens with Holzer - seems to be a complete unknown and def a SV holdover
Holzer has a wealth of experience for a redshirt freshman having played "unpaid" pro ball in Europe (whatever that means.) She is also obviously very bright majoring in astrophhysics and plays jazz piano. Pretty interesting person.

Reactions: JeffBoiler

Torn ACL, she’s likely a redshirt for next season, tough news for her.

It's partially a numbers game; 5 underclassmen back, plus 6 freshmen plus 3 5th years equals 14 schollies taken. Bring Woltman back and you are unable to take a transfer, and I do not think KH wants to be painted into that corner as she's taken two transfers each of the last two years and they have all been starters.

It's partially a numbers game; 5 underclassmen back, plus 6 freshmen plus 3 5th years equals 14 schollies taken. Bring Woltman back and you are unable to take a transfer, and I do not think KH wants to be painted into that corner as she's taken two transfers each of the last two years and they have all been starters.
Nice to hear from you Michael. I started to wonder if some calamity occurred. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT