ADVERTISEMENT

Scoreboard progress

Really looking forward to having the new jumbo tron in place. The ribbon made a huge difference last season but this will be next level for enhancing the in game experience.

Bump. They've installed he Weiner's Circle hot dog stand on the scoreboard.

If I was still on campus, I know what I would be thinking: how can I post a message on the giant score board when it’s completed? It looks like the control room is on the 3rd level. Given the chance, what would you post?

https://engineering.purdue.edu/ECN/WebCam/cam69/2020_05_19_18_50.jpg
19fde2dd-addb-43cc-b499-11b6fcffd759

Since his headstone was just completed, I’ll vote for “Tyler Trent” as the first message. For anyone who didn’t see, here’s the headstone.

If I was still on campus, I know what I would be thinking: how can I post a message on the giant score board when it’s completed? It looks like the control room is on the 3rd level. Given the chance, what would you post?

https://engineering.purdue.edu/ECN/WebCam/cam69/2020_05_19_18_50.jpg
19fde2dd-addb-43cc-b499-11b6fcffd759

Since his headstone was just completed, I’ll vote for “Tyler Trent” as the first message. For anyone who didn’t see, here’s the headstone.

Most of the content on video boards is run with cloud software now, through 4G. So you can change the messaging on your iPhone, from anywhere in the world.

The scoreboard appears to have all the panels up. It is my understanding that gold colored letters will say "PURDUE" across the top of the scoreboard as well. It looks great! Thank you to all the donors that made this possible.

2020_06_13_18_50.jpg

You can see the "E" close to the bottom right of the new board.

Couple notes about the board:
- first HDR video board in college football
- 4th largest video board in college football
- 150-feet, 4-inches wide and 56-feet, 9-inches high
- A backlit PURDUE wordmark will face north, while a backlit P logo will adorn the back of the board.

The video ribbon board installed last year was 375-foot wide by 10-foot high.

Here's also the link to the webcam.
https://engineering.purdue.edu/ECN/WebCam/cam69
and click "most recent snapshot"

Or here's purdue sports official annoucement.
https://purduesports.com/news/2019/11/14/football-new-video-board-for-ross-ade-stadium.aspx

The scoreboard appears to have all the panels up. It is my understanding that gold colored letters will say "PURDUE" across the top of the scoreboard as well. It looks great! Thank you to all the donors that made this possible.

2020_06_13_18_50.jpg

You can see the "E" close to the bottom right of the new board.

Couple notes about the board:
- first HDR video board in college football
- 4th largest video board in college football
- 150-feet, 4-inches wide and 56-feet, 9-inches high
- A backlit PURDUE wordmark will face north, while a backlit P logo will adorn the back of the board.

The video ribbon board installed last year was 375-foot wide by 10-foot high.

Here's also the link to the webcam.
https://engineering.purdue.edu/ECN/WebCam/cam69
and click "most recent snapshot"

Or here's purdue sports official annoucement.
https://purduesports.com/news/2019/11/14/football-new-video-board-for-ross-ade-stadium.aspx
They should show movies on it in the meantime.

Safety concern. I see harnesses being worn, but can't see any evidence they are actually tethered to something secure.

edit: nice views.

So, is it done?
I checked the webcam link to get a look at the latest snapshot. Based on that image all panels appear to be installed. There are no construction containers in the project area and the area directly below the board is clear of construction materials. It looks like it is a finished project.

I checked the webcam link to get a look at the latest snapshot. Based on that image all panels appear to be installed. There are no construction containers in the project area and the area directly below the board is clear of construction materials. It looks like it is a finished project.
You saw the same thing i saw. On one of the stills, you can see a light inside the upper left portion, so there may still be some finishing work going on internally for any of the rooms(?) they may have. I'd love to see a shot/view from those top windows.

They should show movies on it in the meantime.

As early as next weekend, students may be able to watch movies from the south end zone bleachers of Ross-Ade Stadium.

This possibility was announced earlier this summer, when Purdue spokesperson Tim Doty said University officials were discussing the possibility of using the stadium's new video board to host movie nights for students.

Reactions: Tommaker

As early as next weekend, students may be able to watch movies from the south end zone bleachers of Ross-Ade Stadium.

This possibility was announced earlier this summer, when Purdue spokesperson Tim Doty said University officials were discussing the possibility of using the stadium's new video board to host movie nights for students.

Makes sense.

Let's have "movie night" on the new scoreboard in the football stadium with students attending. (Although, "social distancing"... right.)

We have high schools and colleges playing actual games.

But we cannot begin to resume a normal life with B1G football games.

Makes sense.

Notre Dame showed Jumanji 2 at their stadium Saturday night + mall area had fire pits, corn hole & deck chairs (all kids wearing masks)

Makes sense.

Let's have "movie night" on the new scoreboard in the football stadium with students attending. (Although, "social distancing"... right.)

We have high schools and colleges playing actual games.

But we cannot begin to resume a normal life with B1G football games.

Makes sense.

I chuckle every time I read one of your rants where you do all the complaining you possibly can about decisions made by him without actually saying "Mitch Daniels". It's an impressive feat.

Might as well. I always enjoyed the dinner Purdue hosted on the field, a cool environment.

I chuckle every time I read one of your rants where you do all the complaining you possibly can about decisions made by him without actually saying "Mitch Daniels". It's an impressive feat.

"rants"

Impressive, indeed, to take my commentary and, in an effort to impress yourself, you attempt to turn it into a .... "rant".

Impressive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT