ADVERTISEMENT

Football Field Prep has begun

I thought the band was in the endzone just off the field or that middle section in front of the scoreboard.

RA Renovations

They may experience some loose turf causing injuries, only 4 weeks away

The s!@t hole named Soldier Field, they lay sod Saturday then play an NFL game Sunday.

Hard to say for sure but looks like drainage improvements are taking place prior to sod going down. I have confidence in the turf team. Still worried about overall readiness. Lots of work to be done, systems to be tested, and clean up to happen to be game day ready.

Hard to say for sure but looks like drainage improvements are taking place prior to sod going down. I have confidence in the turf team. Still worried about overall readiness. Lots of work to be done, systems to be tested, and clean up to happen to be game day ready.
should be good for the 1st game but I'm more concerned w/ 4 of the first 5 games are at home. By the time of the Illini game it may be rough?

Reactions: Bippus33
should be good for the 1st game but I'm more concerned w/ 4 of the first 5 games are at home. By the time of the Illini game it may be rough?
I think what I thought were drainage improvements, might have been sprinkler system modifications. Also, sod is going in today. It's amazing how much progress is made week over week. The new structure looks great. Can't wait to see how the new tunnel looks when completed. Will bleachers be going back in over the new tunnel section or will that be left open?

Reactions: wallyboiler79
I think what I thought were drainage improvements, might have been sprinkler system modifications. Also, sod is going in today. It's amazing how much progress is made week over week. The new structure looks great. Can't wait to see how the new tunnel looks when completed. Will bleachers be going back in over the new tunnel section or will that be left open?
I think I read that there will be special seating above the tunnel (read: expensive), but it won't take up the entire area, since it will be a walkway too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT