ADVERTISEMENT

School Union Lies for Power & Control.....at the Expense of Children they Serve

Not a bad list of potential solutions. However, some of those are good. Some have been or are currently doing. 2 for sure aren’t feasible. Good luck with removing kids from their parents for non-physical abuse.

As far as getting rid of unions, teachers ain’t going for that. School administrations have screwed teachers with collective bargaining. I can’t imagine how bad school administrations will screw teachers without union backing.
Why shouldn't teachers be held accountable for results? Every other industry holds employees accountable to perform and deliver.
If a teacher isn't doing their job, despite the challenges they face, maybe they need to find a new job. But that's where the union comes in and buys their loyalty.

Reactions: SKYDOG
Why shouldn't teachers be held accountable for results? Every other industry holds employees accountable to perform and deliver.
If a teacher isn't doing their job, despite the challenges they face, maybe they need to find a new job. But that's where the union comes in and buys their loyalty.
Nothing wrong with holding teachers accountable. And they are held accountable. Teachers are fired all the time for this and that even within a union shop. As far as test scores, I don't think teacher's promotions, bonuses or pay should not be based on student test scores. Like I said earlier, the students that score low on tests are usually the ones that don't care about learning in addition to behavior issues despite the valiant efforts of the teachers. Some of these kids are 2 and 3 grades behind in reading. How is that kid going to pass a standardize test? Then this potentially leads to teachers teaching to the test or potential to cheat like that teaching cheating scandal in the Atlanta schools a few years back. Because some districts use test score performance for teacher's promotions, bonuses or pay, I'm surprised that cheating hasn't been more prevalent. That bodes well of the professionalism of the teachers to not do this.

Nothing wrong with holding teachers accountable. And they are held accountable. Teachers are fired all the time for this and that even within a union shop. As far as test scores, I don't think teacher's promotions, bonuses or pay should not be based on student test scores. Like I said earlier, the students that score low on tests are usually the ones that don't care about learning in addition to behavior issues despite the valiant efforts of the teachers. Some of these kids are 2 and 3 grades behind in reading. How is that kid going to pass a standardize test? Then this potentially leads to teachers teaching to the test or potential to cheat like that teaching cheating scandal in the Atlanta schools a few years back. Because some districts use test score performance for teacher's promotions, bonuses or pay, I'm surprised that cheating hasn't been more prevalent. That bodes well of the professionalism of the teachers to not do this.
Once a teacher has tenure it’s pretty hard to fire them unless it’s a sexual incident with a student.

Typical BNI. Instead of answering why teachers shouldn't be accountable for performance, you want to point fingers at one Republican. Why not talk about the results of all?
I agree teachers should be held accountable but there is way more to the story.
My daughter teaches 3rd grade in the CPS and this year there was a little boy, who my daughter was sure was living in the park.
He's one we bought a coat for. She would bring him breakfast every morning. She reported her concerns to the authorities and after a week or so he quit showing up.
So we shouldn't blame the teachers for this mess.
Maybe we should put Kamala Harris or Dr. Jill Biden in charge of finding the ROOT CAUSE of the problem. lol

My daughter went to Chicago to teach because she loved the City and her fiance' had a good job there.
She went into teaching because she wanted to help children.
This was her last year there. Her and her husband had a little girl and she is going to stay home now. They can afford it.
The currently live in Edison park, a nice community in Cook County that consists of mostly Police, Fire and school teachers.
They have their house for sale and will be moving to the sub burbs. Housing and taxes are ridiculous in Cook County and she had to live in Cook County to teach in the CPS. A good way to reduce CPS teacher wages is to allow them to live outside of Cook County.
Anyway they are also moving because they don't want their kids to go to a CPS school.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Typical BNI. Instead of answering why teachers shouldn't be accountable for performance, you want to point fingers at one Republican. Why not talk about the results of all?
I answered y'all a long time ago. I said the poor academic performance is on the kids that don't want to learn plus the behavior issues. Not the teachers. Most of the teachers are good teachers, of course some fall through the cracks and they are doing the best that can under the circumstances of the kids that they are trying to educate. They constantly have to tell the kids to sit down in their seats. Stop talking. Fight break out. Half the kids don't turn in the homework. When they do turn it in its wrong. Nowadays, in addition to the aforementioned, now teachers have to compete with the students on their cell phones in the class. You can blame the teachers and unions if you want to but 100% of the poor school performance is due to the students themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT