ADVERTISEMENT

Saint Peter's v. Purdue Game Thread (NCAA Tournament - East Regional Semi-Final)

Because that wouldnt stop us from turning the ball over?
I was unaware the winner was determined by fewest turnovers. We are struggling on offense by and large tonight. We can just keep doing the same thing or try and flip the script. I see we have a lot of Russian generals—I mean adherents to CMP’s coach philosophy—on this site who think there is one way to pound the nail and are going to keep doing it the same way regardless of evidence to the contrary.

Another terrible turnover - up four leads to FT's......can't keep doing that Boilers.....goodness gracious.

Those are the plays that come back to beat you.

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
I was unaware the winner was determined by fewest turnovers. We are struggling on offense by and large tonight. We can just keep doing the same thing or try and flip the script. I see we have a lot of Russian generals—I mean adherents to CMP’s coach philosophy—on this site who think there is one way to pound the nail and are going to keep doing it the same way regardless of evidence to the contrary.
That has been the way a lot of these fans are. Doesn't matter if we win or lose. They don't think we should ever change anything.

It’s much easier to try one or two trick plays in a football game than to totally change up an offense or defensive scheme in basketball. Apples and oranges.
Wait, they cannot run a flea flicker. I didn’t know that. They can however turn up the intensity by picking up full court or try and play with pace for a possession or two. Other coaches do it all the time. I am sure guys good enough to get a Purdue offer can figure out how to do that. Heck, I bet we even practice full court pressure on the off chance we are behind late in the game.

Reactions: drewjin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT