ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan F’ING Cline

I posted it in the game thread, but it's worth repeating...

giphy.gif

thats all I have to say. 27 points... you know how I feel about RYAN!!! A truly cathartic experience. I’m the happiest I have been in 4 years on campus at cactus rn. Long islands tonight boiler up!!!
Just poured a Jonney walker black. I feel like I just stepped out of the ring from a prise fight. Cline not only scored. His threes were absolutely critical

thats all I have to say. 27 points... you know how I feel about RYAN!!! A truly cathartic experience. I’m the happiest I have been in 4 years on campus at cactus rn. Long islands tonight boiler up!!!

Very glad we got the win solely so he wouldn't have had to watch from the bench otherwise. Over the past 4 years, he's had a lot of doubters/critics. What a money game.

Sometimes I picture this board as a bar. And we’re all walking around with t-shirts with our forum handle printed on the front. Talking some basketball smack, drinking, and Gettin Luce!!!!

Reactions: Purdue85
My son, 17 now asked who Ryan was after watching the last 10 min of the game. ( not sure if anyone else has this issue with this generation of kids but mine don’t watch sports. In fact they don’t watch TV at all) anyway, I asked him if remembered watching the HS three point shooting contest. He said yes, that’s him. So happy for him.

Reactions: LLaswell
In all seriousness, the student body loves this team. The atmosophere on campus tonight is awesome! This is the most fun I have had in my four years here!

You guys will have more fun in Louisville on Saturday. College road trips are the best.

My son, 17 now asked who Ryan was after watching the last 10 min of the game. ( not sure if anyone else has this issue with this generation of kids but mine don’t watch sports. In fact they don’t watch TV at all) anyway, I asked him if remembered watching the HS three point shooting contest. He said yes, that’s him. So happy for him.
My 15 year old son kept yelling at the tv to pass the ball to Cline! The late drive by Carsen he yelled "throw it back to Cline!" My kid is only a sophomore player who gets more rebounds than points but I think he gets it. Maybe he could be a Grady.

Pretty sure the vast majority of his tv watching was Purdue games this year. What the hell do they watch on their phones?

Reactions: Fansince72
When Cline has the ball and Williams draped all over him as the shot clock was winding down and the game was on the line, I was worried. Then he dropped the shoulder like he was going to drive, stepped back, and drained a 3 right in Williams’ face. Onions. That play was every bit as important as the foul call with Carsen shooting.

I didn’t get a chance to review it, but that last scoring play for Tennessee in regulation. They missed the shot and got a put back, but it looked to me like it was after time expired. Did anybody else see that? I really thought it was a shotclock violation and should have been Purdue’s ball. They showed a replay, but it was zoomed all the way in and you couldn’t see the shot clock.

I didn’t get a chance to review it, but that last scoring play for Tennessee in regulation. They missed the shot and got a put back, but it looked to me like it was after time expired. Did anybody else see that? I really thought it was a shotclock violation and should have been Purdue’s ball. They showed a replay, but it was zoomed all the way in and you couldn’t see the shot clock.
There was still 3 on the shot clock.

We had 67 points with 5 minutes left. We ended regulation with 82. Four 3-balls by Cline + 3 free throws (Grady hit 1 out of 2, Carsen obviously 2 out of 3).

Cline literally saved the day, especially down 3 with under a minute to go, shot clock winding down on what looked like a possession that was going nowhere.

By the way, Cline's 2nd half stats: 8/9 (6/7 from 3), 22 points; the one 3 he missed came 15 seconds into the half...went 6/6 the rest of the game. Unreal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT