ADVERTISEMENT

Austin Peay v. Purdue (Game Thread)

Welp - it wasn't pretty.....but the Boilers prevail 63-44. BTN better check their stats on the last 2-0 start......oh well.

Shout out to Edey for a huge rebound game. That's the All American we are looking for. Also shout out to Waddell. Thought he did some good things on offense tonight when no one else other than Edey was in the 2nd half.

Also (probably an over reaction...maybe) but where/how does TKR fit in college basketball? What exactly is he going to bring to the team other than being a shorter version of Caleb Furst? My idea for TKR was that he would be a quick 4 and be able to whip big PF's off the dribble and post up smaller defenders. I have seen the post up but haven't seen the quickness.
I love his hustle and rebounding but curious to see how his offensive game evolves. Really need him on the offensive side as well as defensive this year.

Well, this was the best defense Purdue has played for 4-5 years. It looked more like a throw back to a Raphael or Kremer team. That was a positive as was the fact we won.
For all of the 3-point shooters we have... WTF?? I think we should look at this as an aberration and not a trend. What was it, 2 for 175 attempts? 'Nuff said. Let's move on.

When are refs announced for a game? It will be interesting to see if the line changes when the ref lineup is announced for the next Purdue game he refs. You know there is a bias if Vegas adjusts.

When are refs announced for a game? It will be interesting to see if the line changes when the ref lineup is announced for the next Purdue game he refs. You know there is a bias if Vegas adjusts.

ALL of it, against Purdue.....to win.

show-photo.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT