ADVERTISEMENT

Rowboat may be sinking

purduepat1969

All-American
Sep 28, 2011
Georgia Southern taking them to end of Q4. Regardless, it's a horrible look at home...

Having trouble adjusting to the new helmets I guess.....

Screenshot-106.png

Dumb question Minny has the ball on about the 1 yard line. The qb turns around and spikes the ball behind him. Is that actually a forward pass. Fumble?? Behind the line of scrimmage and behind the qb??
GaSouthern had called time out so it didn’t matter.

Dumb question Minny has the ball on about the 1 yard line. The qb turns around and spikes the ball behind him. Is that actually a forward pass. Fumble?? Behind the line of scrimmage and behind the qb??
GaSouthern had called time out so it didn’t matter.
the dumbest thing was how GaSou left them off the hook, 3rd and 29 around the 5 , give me a break.

They won. At the end of the year what counts is wins, not how you got them.

Not nearly as bad as Purdue. Look at that schedule. You’ll most likely need to beat Minnesota to make a bowl with that schedule. This is a bad football team.

No actually it hasn’t. Purdue is currently the worst rated B1G team according to Sagarin. Right on the heels of Rutgers.

@Nevada = @Fresno
Vanderbilt (SEC) > >> South Dakota
TCU (B12) >>> Georgia Southern

Looking at Saragin 3 weeks in is pointless. Use your brain.

Rough week for the BIG all around. Outside of Ohio State touching IU’s ass in a conference game there isn’t much to be proud of no matter who you cheer for

@Nevada = @Fresno
Vanderbilt (SEC) > >> South Dakota
TCU (B12) >>> Georgia Southern

Looking at Saragin 3 weeks in is pointless. Use your brain.
Fresno finished #18 the country last year, went 12-2 and beat Nevada 21-3. They are the preseason picks to win the MWC. Nevada went 8-5 last year and lost by 71 @Oregon this year while Fresno lost by 7 @USC this year. Hard to argue they are equal.

And Georgia Southern and SDSU both won 10 games last year although not saying they are better than Vandy and TCU of course.

Reactions: IronChefBBQ
We will see you guys in two weeks! Some Purdue fans talk alot for a team who got blown out by gophers & lost to Nevada this year. Also essentially Purdue doesn't have a QB right now. Gophers have 3 of the best WR's in the country. Today the offense & fleck decided to be stupid

We will see you guys in two weeks! Some Purdue fans talk alot for a team who got blown out by gophers & lost to Nevada this year. Also essentially Purdue doesn't have a QB right now. Gophers have 3 of the best WR's in the country. Today the offense & fleck decided to be stupid

1) TCU is 3 times better than any team you've played this year.
2) Purdue lost to Nevada by giving up 5 turnovers, which is unlikely to happen again.
3) Sindelar, McCann, and Neal will likely be available against Minny. Not sure why you believe we won't have a QB. He was out with a concussion. He has two more weeks to recover.
4) The game is at Purdue. The team will be highly motivated to lose another game.
5) Brohm has two weeks to prepare for this game.

I like our chances against the boat rower. BTW, regardless of being 3-0, your coach looks like a complete idiot on the sideline with his shirt, tie, and fake tan.

It's amazing to me that people are taking such time to argue about Minnesota football. That's not a knock on Minnesota....I just don't get where this animosity came from.

Fresno finished #18 the country last year, went 12-2 and beat Nevada 21-3. They are the preseason picks to win the MWC. Nevada went 8-5 last year and lost by 71 @Oregon this year while Fresno lost by 7 @USC this year. Hard to argue they are equal.

And Georgia Southern and SDSU both won 10 games last year although not saying they are better than Vandy and TCU of course.

Is that the same Georgia Southern team who got beat by LSU 55-3??

Reactions: SDBoiler1
Minnesota is 3-0. Nobody gives a bleep how pretty their wins are. I’m guessing Purdue wouldn’t mind being 3-0?
The Gophers play a pud Non-conference schedule every year it seems.

TCU > Fresno State
Vandy > Georgia Southern
Nevada > South Dakota or whatever the FCS team they played their opener against

Purdue has also played Missouri twice, Boston College, Louisville with Heisman winner Jackson since Brohm has been HC. The Gophers under PJ played cupcakes except for Fresno.

None of your WRs are better than Rondale Moore. Tyler Johnson is good.

The Gophers play a pud Non-conference schedule every year it seems.

TCU > Fresno State
Vandy > Georgia Southern
Nevada > South Dakota or whatever the FCS team they played their opener against

Purdue has also played Missouri twice, Boston College, Louisville with Heisman winner Jackson since Brohm has been HC. The Gophers under PJ played cupcakes except for Fresno.

Your prediction for the minny game ?

You are barely getting by very weak teams and your WRs are okay but not world beaters. We have two weeks to prepare and heal and will be much more solid than against TCU. Who I have little doubt would beat you rodents like a drum.
You certainly like to talk a lot for barely beating some pretty weak teams and only beating GSU by 3 is worse than us losing to Nevada.

Since it is the beginning of Big Ten play for both teams, I'm going to reserve judgement. Both teams will be coming off of bye week and returning healthy players. From what I've seen so far, we'll have our hands full. I'm hoping our offense gets traction, but we are one dimensional thus far. TCU gave Minnesota playing of video to scheme and minimize R. Moore. This game will be a toss up from my perspective.

that post makes zero sense, and I'm concerned it will make people dumber just by reading it.

1. last year's results are irrelevant. completely, totally meaningless.
  2. what one team did vs one opponent, compared to another team vs a completely different opponent, couldn't be MORE irrelevant.
  3. Ga Southern and SDSU. Really.

Georgia Southern taking them to end of Q4. Regardless, it's a horrible look at home...
Negative rushing yards for the better part of the game and through 3 quarters, virtually no passing game and a defense that was completely dominated in the second half (due to the offense being completely dominated in the first half) was hardly a good look by any means, in front of a huge and supportive crowd.

Why anybody cares anything at all about the Gophers and PJ is beyond me...why there is concern in light of the present situation, more so.

Purdue has plenty of their own issues to resolve...the coaching seemingly was not one of them coming into the year, but, it was very poor in the first game and absolutely cost them a win, and, if that was genuinely the best that they had to offer on Saturday night...perhaps it is another issue indeed unfortunately.

Negative rushing yards for the better part of the game and through 3 quarters, virtually no passing game and a defense that was completely dominated in the second half (due to the offense being completely dominated in the first half) was hardly a good look by any means, in front of a huge and supportive crowd.

Why anybody cares anything at all about the Gophers and PJ is beyond me...why there is concern in light of the present situation, more so.

Purdue has plenty of their own issues to resolve...the coaching seemingly was not one of them coming into the year, but, it was very poor in the first game and absolutely cost them a win, and, if that was genuinely the best that they had to offer on Saturday night...perhaps it is another issue indeed unfortunately.
two things can be true at once.

One, we can have a discussion about our own challenges after losing 4 or 5 of our top playmakers.

Two, we can have a legit discussion of our UPCOMING OPPONENT.

THAT... is the present situation.

Reactions: Ignacious McNutt
that post makes zero sense, and I'm concerned it will make people dumber just by reading it.

1. last year's results are irrelevant. completely, totally meaningless.
  2. what one team did vs one opponent, compared to another team vs a completely different opponent, couldn't be MORE irrelevant.
  3. Ga Southern and SDSU. Really.

I was responding to someone who said that Nevada and Fresno State are equal. Every data point we have, whether that be last years results, 2017 results, this years results, preseason projections, advanced metrics and recruiting rankings suggests that Fresno is better and there isn't really any good reason to think other wise. Plus Fresno is generally considered a more difficult place to play.

If all that is irrelevant then how would you suggest we compare the two teams?

I was responding to someone who said that Nevada and Fresno State are equal. Every data point we have, whether that be last years results, 2017 results, this years results, preseason projections, advanced metrics and recruiting rankings suggests that Fresno is better and there isn't really any good reason to think other wise. Plus Fresno is generally considered a more difficult place to play.

If all that is irrelevant then how would you suggest we compare the two teams?

I don't think you answered the question.

But, in "fairness" (I hate that word), your argument was irrelevant from start to finish. Don't try to make an argument that's a dumb argument. If someone says "team A = team B", leave it alone. It just makes for a dumb argument.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT