ADVERTISEMENT

Rondale Moore TNF

Boiler Addict

True Freshman
Feb 19, 2020
I haven't watched a whole NFL game in a long time, but wanted to see Rondale in action. So instead of watching the play, I watched him. I can't speak for his previous games, and he could have had a bad game, but not impressed. The talent is there, but the want-to seemed missing.

1) late 2Q - He muffs a punt at the ~12 yard line. Packers recover at the 2. GB kicks a field goal.

2) first drive 3Q - He was part of a screen play I believe, and the ball was coming in high and hot on him, but ultimately he deflects it into the air for a interception at like the 14. GB scores TD. At that point GB was up 17-7. Big 10 point swing from late 2Q when it was 7-7.

3) One particular play he did not look comfortable going over the middle. Camera angles are deceiving, but he was targeted and didn't even try and make a play. Believe the ball was deflected at the line, but still in his vicinity.

4) Several of the plays he was the check down to the QB running out of the flat and Rondale literally is barely running, giving up on the play while the QB still has the ball. I would say I witnessed that 4-5 times. While that's partially play calling and play design/strategy, I just question if the Cardinals want him to literally give up on the play. I thought he could have helped the QB multiple times by doing something.

5) He also did kickoff returns, caught a ball 5 yards deep in the end zone and returned it to the 15. Another was 3 yards deep and returned it to the 30, but there was a holding penalty so AZ started on the 15. Just fair catching the kickoff that's in the end zone gets you to the 25.

He did have a nice run/juke to get an additional 5 yards, similar to the the Northwestern game. The announcers were trying to compliment him multiple times.

I think this would have all been forgotten if the Cardinals score at the end of the game. Arizona started at their own 1 yard line and drove the length of the field. Get to the GB 5 yard line, throw a pass to AJ Green who never turns around in the end zone to catch the ball. I have no clue what he was doing, but the defender picks it off with a couple seconds left. AZ loses.

Hopefully Rondale bounces back.

Here's an article talking about #1 and #2 shown above.
https://sports.yahoo.com/rondale-mo...touch-ball-doesnt-fool-anybody-020024427.html

• Haha
Reactions: Russ Ford
The punt return was a major gaffe, and as you said, cost AZ 3 points. The INT was not his fault at all. Murray just had a horrible game. He's gotten away with flinging it wherever most of the year and things working out. Last night it didn't. Didn't help that Hopkins was out most of the game.

I haven't watched a whole NFL game in a long time, but wanted to see Rondale in action. So instead of watching the play, I watched him. I can't speak for his previous games, and he could have had a bad game, but not impressed. The talent is there, but the want-to seemed missing.

1) late 2Q - He muffs a punt at the ~12 yard line. Packers recover at the 2. GB kicks a field goal.

2) first drive 3Q - He was part of a screen play I believe, and the ball was coming in high and hot on him, but ultimately he deflects it into the air for a interception at like the 14. GB scores TD. At that point GB was up 17-7. Big 10 point swing from late 2Q when it was 7-7.

3) One particular play he did not look comfortable going over the middle. Camera angles are deceiving, but he was targeted and didn't even try and make a play. Believe the ball was deflected at the line, but still in his vicinity.

4) Several of the plays he was the check down to the QB running out of the flat and Rondale literally is barely running, giving up on the play while the QB still has the ball. I would say I witnessed that 4-5 times. While that's partially play calling and play design/strategy, I just question if the Cardinals want him to literally give up on the play. I thought he could have helped the QB multiple times by doing something.

5) He also did kickoff returns, caught a ball 5 yards deep in the end zone and returned it to the 15. Another was 3 yards deep and returned it to the 30, but there was a holding penalty so AZ started on the 15. Just fair catching the kickoff that's in the end zone gets you to the 25.

He did have a nice run/juke to get an additional 5 yards, similar to the the Northwestern game. The announcers were trying to compliment him multiple times.

I think this would have all been forgotten if the Cardinals score at the end of the game. Arizona started at their own 1 yard line and drove the length of the field. Get to the GB 5 yard line, throw a pass to AJ Green who never turns around in the end zone to catch the ball. I have no clue what he was doing, but the defender picks it off with a couple seconds left. AZ loses.

https://sports.yahoo.com/rondale-mo...touch-ball-doesnt-fool-anybody-020024427.html
I think the punt fumble and interception off his hands put him in a funk.

The weird thing about the punt fumble is that he wasn't in position to catch it or let it go. He's lucky it bounced away from him, which would have let him off the book, if he hadn't grazed the ball with his fingers.

I'd love to know who's fault that last int was that Murray threw. I haven't watched any post game interviews to find out.

Haven't watched a whole game, but the highlights I've seen of him he appears very fast even compared to NFL players.

I'm wondering on the plays where it doesn't look like he's running out of the flat is be design so as to not get the attention of the LB or S. Didnt see the game, so don't really know. What i do know is Moore is very professional and one of the hardest working individuals. Im sure he'll get it corrected if need be.

Reactions: pboiler18

You suck. I bet you overanalyze your kids 6 year old soccer games.

Watch more than 1 game before butchering the guy. If you think that INT was his fault, you’ve never tried to catch a ball coming at 60+ mph multiple feet away from you with the QB less than 15 feet away. That INT was ALL on Murray, especially when thrown to a short and short armed WR.

Look at his catch last week where he’s mugged by the CB get free and makes one of the best sideline catches I’ve ever seen.

Look at his speed on his 70+ yard catch and run earlier this year.

WR is one of the hardest adjustments to make from college to pros. Couple that with him playing less than 6 games in his 2 previous years…he’s doing just fine. There’s a reason he was a second rounder.

If you judged Kyler Murray only off of last nights game you’d say he’s a below average QB. If you judged him off of his season you’d say he’s a top 3 Leage MVP candidate. You’re that guy who gets on here and bitches after every loss, aren’t you?

Reactions: gregorypalmer
The punt return was a major gaffe, and as you said, cost AZ 3 points. The INT was not his fault at all. Murray just had a horrible game. He's gotten away with flinging it wherever most of the year and things working out. Last night it didn't. Didn't help that Hopkins was out most of the game.
Agree, I don't think it was Rondale's fault, the ball was coming in high and hot. End result was unfortunately an interception off of Rondale's deflection.

I think the punt fumble and interception off his hands put him in a funk.

The weird thing about the punt fumble is that he wasn't in position to catch it or let it go. He's lucky it bounced away from him, which would have let him off the book, if he hadn't grazed the ball with his fingers.

I'd love to know who's fault that last int was that Murray threw. I haven't watched any post game interviews to find out.
Agree. I think he was in a funk. It didn't look like the Rondale we all know. Maybe the GB defense really is good, matched up or prepared well for him, idk. I felt he misjudged the punt, he was standing at the 10 ready to catch it, then quickly shuffled forward. Haven't heard about the AJ Green mis-communication. My guess is AJ was the hot read on the blitz and AJ didn't see the blitz.

Haven't watched a whole game, but the highlights I've seen of him he appears very fast even compared to NFL players.

I'm wondering on the plays where it doesn't look like he's running out of the flat is be design so as to not get the attention of the LB or S. Didnt see the game, so don't really know. What i do know is Moore is very professional and one of the hardest working individuals. Im sure he'll get it corrected if need be.
He's fast and elusive. Yeah the plays in the flat, it seemed schematic, a couple he would go in motion, so the defense had to move a defender and show Murray if they were playing zone or man. Every time they had someone following him. Seems like those are quick hitters if the defense isn't aligned quite right or a good Kingsbury decoy.

Watch more than 1 game before butchering the guy. If you think that INT was his fault, you’ve never tried to catch a ball coming at 60+ mph multiple feet away from you with the QB less than 15 feet away. That INT was ALL on Murray, especially when thrown to a short and short armed WR.

Look at his catch last week where he’s mugged by the CB get free and makes one of the best sideline catches I’ve ever seen.

WR is one of the hardest adjustments to make from college to pros. Couple that with him playing less than 6 games in his 2 previous years…he’s doing just fine. There’s a reason he was a second rounder.

If you judged Kyler Murray only off of last nights game you’d say he’s a below average QB. If you judged him off of his season you’d say he’s a top 3 Leage MVP candidate. You’re that guy who gets on here and bitches after every loss, aren’t you?
I recommend you reading this link. Clearly you need help. You are also confusing me with someone else. Good luck.

Something I didn't mention was the great block on the GB defensive end. He knocked the guy over when AZ was in 3rd down on their own 1 yard line and AZ had a big completion for a first down. It's in the clip at 10:06 for anyone that wants to watch it. I thought it was pretty good.

I think Murray's arm may have been fatigued by carrying in that man purse on his way to the lockeroom.

Reactions: pboiler18 and DAG10
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT