ADVERTISEMENT

Robert Marve Retires

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
I had not seen this posted on here. If it was, I apologize. I came across this article just looking at how former Boilers were doing. I guess Robert had hurt his knee, the same knee, in a game toward the end of August, and he decided about a month ago to retire.

With him being in the CFL, it was always harder to get updates on how he was doing, compared to the NFL. He had a cannon for an arm. It was too bad that he had so many knee problems. I always hoped that he might get a shot at the NFL. It said that he was going to help youth at a sports academy in Tampa, his hometown. I will always remember his last home game playing Indiana, and he chased down that Indiana defensive player on an intercept or fumble. No one thought any Purdue player could stop the touchdown, but Marve chased him and caught him and prevented the touchdown. Good luck Robert with your future endeavors!

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
I had not seen this posted on here. If it was, I apologize. I came across this article just looking at how former Boilers were doing. I guess Robert had hurt his knee, the same knee, in a game toward the end of August, and he decided about a month ago to retire.

With him being in the CFL, it was always harder to get updates on how he was doing, compared to the NFL. He had a cannon for an arm. It was too bad that he had so many knee problems. I always hoped that he might get a shot at the NFL. It said that he was going to help youth at a sports academy in Tampa, his hometown. I will always remember his last home game playing Indiana, and he chased down that Indiana defensive player on an intercept or fumble. No one thought any Purdue player could stop the touchdown, but Marve chased him and caught him and prevented the touchdown. Good luck Robert with your future endeavors!

I love Marve. It's too bad he was never healthy. He had as much talent as Orton.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT