ADVERTISEMENT

Ripped away (game story link)

Rough physical game. I thought pretty well called both ways. April definitely had problems with her passing - frustrating. In listening to people there MSU knew they were lucky and appreciated the win.

Was surprised how little Thornton played after having what I thought was a very good game Thursday. But Horrocks did well. Kiesler has a long way to go and I think perhaps has hit the frosh wall. Too bad Morrissette didn't hit like she usually can. Just one more basket would have done it. :(

It is always tough to lose a game by one point. So many things could have changed it.We actually played toe to toe with a Top 25 team and could have beaten them and they are a team that beat OSU on the road. But what caused the loss was: Wilson, uncharacteristically having an unreal 10 turnovers. I counted 7 bad passes either to the other team or out of bounds. Have no idea why this happened, but, despite her other contributions, it cost us the game. But we would not even be in this position without Wilson. Sorry this happened for her and to us.
Second. Morissette who has been hot could not hit much. A couple of 3's from her could have done it. Third, little offensively from Keys who has done better.
Four, MSU has a star, we do not.5) And they were way, way more physical with us. Six , not necessarily a factor but surprised that Coach V went with Kisler over the more experienced Thornton.
Despite all this, we lost by one.
Hopefully we can win one in the Dance.

Reactions: DocRon
I have not heard anyone say anything, but it looked to me as if Thornton hurt her knee at one point . I don't if that was why she didn't play more or they just wanted bigger bodies in there to try and match up with States. Proud of the team for the way they fought this year, but it is still hard for me to understand why we can't get some really top 20 players with our history.

Thornton has been fighting an injury of some sort. Maybe reinjured in the PSU game??? Don't know. Just speculating.

:cool:

I have not heard anyone say anything, but it looked to me as if Thornton hurt her knee at one point . I don't if that was why she didn't play more or they just wanted bigger bodies in there to try and match up with States. Proud of the team for the way they fought this year, but it is still hard for me to understand why we can't get some really top 20 players with our history.
I think Thornton hurt her knee and did not play after she came out in first half.
Also not hard to figure out why we cannot get top 20 players given who is trying to get them. I still remember when she came in and had some top 20 players on the line and seemed to refuse to charm them to come to Purdue. I think the quote was: "I am not going to beg anyone to come and play for Purdue". If it takes some begging - do it.

Our reputation is fifteen years old and does not exist any more in the minds of high school players. One plus is the good attendance we have,but right now that is not bringing in many top 20 players and in WBB there are only a relatively few program turners and most of them are locks for the upper echelon. Even mighty Tennessee has fallen. Parity has come to WBB except for the very top and we are one of the parity teams, which is better than last year. I don' think they will dump Versyp, but it is also true that a really good recruiter like the OSU coach could come and snatch some talent that could bring our level up to the top of the BTT.

Our reputation is fifteen years old and does not exist any more in the minds of high school players. One plus is the good attendance we have,but right now that is not bringing in many top 20 players and in WBB there are only a relatively few program turners and most of them are locks for the upper echelon. Even mighty Tennessee has fallen. Parity has come to WBB except for the very top and we are one of the parity teams, which is better than last year. I don' think they will dump Versyp, but it is also true that a really good recruiter like the OSU coach could come and snatch some talent that could bring our level up to the top of the BTT.

Sit in the arena and you will see attendance is illusionary! In house is no where near announced

I live in Champaign and the Purdue crowds dwarf them. Didn't Purdue lead the BT in attendance again? On TV there seems like a good sized crowd for WBB?

I live in Champaign and the Purdue crowds dwarf them. Didn't Purdue lead the BT in attendance again? On TV there seems like a good sized crowd for WBB?

Crowds are less than half of what they once were.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT