ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting ... Because it's the end of July and we can ...

Do Dah Day

All-American
Nov 8, 2015
The July evaluation period is almost over. Coaches and players have been seen. In a few days, no contact can be made for a while. So ... because it's a slow time for BB junkies and because this is a BB junkie forum, I'm going to take a shot of who goes where, based totally on nonsense, illogic, and astrological signs.

Wilkes --- Washington --- We're not on his trimmed list - Alford making a STRONG attack
Scruggs --- Xavier
Williams --- Louisville --- RIGHT, unfortunately 8/04
Jackson --- Maryland
Tillman --- Purdue
Goodwin --- Purdue --- WRONG, to St. Louis 8/12
Eastern --- MSU
Culver --- OSU ---- WRONG, to West Virginia 8/02
Young --- Michigan --- WRONG, to Butler 8/29 - A domino fell at MI
Some up and coming TX star --- Purdue
Some up and coming obscure big man --- Purdue

The SOLE purpose of this thread is to look at it later in the year and see who had the most clear crystal in their balls.

Last edited:
Reactions: dumpsterFyre
The July evaluation period is almost over. Coaches and players have been seen. In a few days, no contact can be made for a while. So ... because it's a slow time for BB junkies and because this is a BB junkie forum, I'm going to take a shot of who goes where, based totally on nonsense, illogic, and astrological signs.

Wilkes --- Washington
Scruggs --- Xavier
Williams --- Louisville
Jackson --- Maryland
Tillman --- Purdue
Goodwin --- Purdue
Eastern --- MSU
Culver --- OSU
Young --- Michigan

The SOLE purpose of this thread is to look at it later in the year and see who had the most clear crystal in their balls.
I think those are solid guesses except for
Wilkes to Washington??? guessing he stays in the bigten or maybe a blue blood Kansas,duke,NC etc.
Goodwin to Purdue??? guessing Illinois

But for everyone else I think you are spot on.

I think those are solid guesses except for
Wilkes to Washington??? guessing he stays in the bigten or maybe a blue blood Kansas,duke,NC etc.
Goodwin to Purdue??? guessing Illinois

But for everyone else I think you are spot on.
Thanks - a solid guess is probably the best anyone can do right now! I'll take that. Yes, I stick with Wilkes to Washington. And Goodwin to PU ...

Cmp will end up with his second best overall class, behind baby boilers
I agree that this will be true, but I think it may take a couple of years to realize ... it may not look that good at this time next year. This class is FULL of hidden talent ... being overshadowed by the great ones ... there will be some surprises

Wilkes --- Washington
Scruggs --- Xavier
Williams --- Louisville
Jackson --- Maryland
Tillman --- Purdue
Goodwin --- Purdue
Eastern --- MSU
Culver --- OSU
Young --- Michigan

We always want more but this would be a solid class.

Wilkes --- Washington
Scruggs --- Xavier
Williams --- Louisville
Jackson --- Maryland
Tillman --- Purdue
Goodwin --- Purdue
Eastern --- MSU
Culver --- OSU
Young --- Michigan

Are you actually going to save this?

I don't think Scruggs goes to Xavier. One of the asst coaches there has close ties to Indy and those on the southside. Scruggs is a talent but also a gamble in the long run from an academic and coachability standpoint. It will be interesting to see where he ends up and how long he can stay there.

I don't think Scruggs goes to Xavier. One of the asst coaches there has close ties to Indy and those on the southside. Scruggs is a talent but also a gamble in the long run from an academic and coachability standpoint. It will be interesting to see where he ends up and how long he can stay there.
Good info ... can he and Self get along for a year?

I don't need to save it do I? It just hangs around without my approval doesn't it? m

Or are you insinuating that my crystal ball is more cloudy than yours is?

I'm pretty sure messages get deleted out of the system after a certain amount of time has passed. So, in order to actually look back at this post by the time the final commitment and/or signing by a prospect listed in your message has been made, you will need to have already saved it or else you won't be able to find/retrieve it.

I would be shocked if WIlkes gets more than 2 hours away from home I am aware that some think he and porter are a package IMO he and PS maybe but he will stay close and Williams has proven he doesn't care about what others think by ignoring shoe company's and staying with team legit this summer IMO we get " my guy " Malik he's a life long Purdue fan and he is his own man he will do what he wants I like our chances !

I would be shocked if WIlkes gets more than 2 hours away from home I am aware that some think he and porter are a package IMO he and PS maybe but he will stay close and Williams has proven he doesn't care about what others think by ignoring shoe company's and staying with team legit this summer IMO we get " my guy " Malik he's a life long Purdue fan and he is his own man he will do what he wants I like our chances !
I was hoping your would chime in. Thanks ... I may need to edit my list.

Not sure if it means anything, but I find it interesting that on twitter for the Boiling Over notification it says possible basketball commits and it has a picture attached of Nojel Eastern. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Not sure if it means anything, but I find it interesting that on twitter for the Boiling Over notification it says possible basketball commits and it has a picture attached of Nojel Eastern. Hmmmmmmmmmm.
Well, that would be a shocker ... but, shocks have occurred before. If that happens and a couple of the more likely things happen, we would be on a move to a higher level.

I hope CMP starts building a new relationship with LaLu. They might have the best PG for 2019 and he is a freaking stud! Seen DF talking to him after game.

Dane Fife..has been targeting big recruits and has been looking hard at MW, KB and SC. We need to keep KB and SC a priority they are long time friends and would be nice to lock both up.

I hope CMP starts building a new relationship with LaLu. They might have the best PG for 2019 and he is a freaking stud! Seen DF talking to him after game.
Would be nice to build some kind of relationship with LaLu but kids at preps schools do what they want and usually don't stay local. Painter better be offering PJ's little bro (2019 pg) future star in the making. Heard he tore it up this past weekend

Wilkes --- Washington
Scruggs --- Xavier
Williams --- Louisville
Jackson --- Maryland
Tillman --- Purdue
Goodwin --- Purdue
Eastern --- MSU
Culver --- OSU
Young --- Michigan

I sure hope that CMP doesn't let SG- M.Evans get away. He looks like the kind of 2 guard Purdue has been missing. Explosive and looks to have ability to create his own shot.

I sure hope that CMP doesn't let SG- M.Evans get away. He looks like the kind of 2 guard Purdue has been missing. Explosive and looks to have ability to create his own shot.
He looks explosive and would be a nice alternative to Cline/Mathias. On the other hand, he's 6' 1" (6' 2" on some sites) which will create some problems defensively with our point guard sizes being short also. He is generally being offered by mid-majors and considered a 2-star. Not a big deal to me as I have seen some great low-stars and some crappy high-stars, but it is based on some things others have seen. Houston has offered, so he can stay close to home if he chooses. An interesting player who can fit a need ... as can a lot of players.

We have offered three SGs in '17 and three in '18. The shortest of them is 6' 4" and one is 6' 6"

Quote from one service: Overall ball handling has to get tighter and needs to learn how to put his body between him and his defender. Has to learn how to dribble with his right hand more. Has to develop a more aggressive mid range game with 1 and 2 dribble pull up moves to create separation.

Doesn't look like breaking a press is in his bag yet.

I think "... let (him) get away..." is a bit of a stretch as I don't think his choosing another school will be caused by Painter letting him get away.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dakota Girl
It makes me laugh whenever I see someone say "Painter better not let him get away" or something like that. As if CMP has the control over where an 18 year old decides he wants to go. I don't believe even CMP detractors have accused him of being lazy. He is out there recruiting and giving offers to kids all over the country. To say that "he let a kid get away" is just silly. Who the hell knows what goes through an 18 year old brain and the whispers in his ears?

Reactions: OldNavyBoiler
It makes me laugh whenever I see someone say "Painter better not let him get away" or something like that. As if CMP has the control over where an 18 year old decides he wants to go. I don't believe even CMP detractors have accused him of being lazy. He is out there recruiting and giving offers to kids all over the country. To say that "he let a kid get away" is just silly. Who the hell knows what goes through an 18 year old brain and the whispers in his ears?
Painter DOES have control. He manipulated the shrewd lame duck AD into an extension!!!!!

Reactions: Dakota Girl
They're in the final four for Xavier Tillman, final five for Kyle Young, and final eight for Malik Williams: which of them (if any) will choose the Boilers?

With Williams being from the Fort, I'd hope that Biggie and even Davis have been in his ear. Hell, have Brad Miller drop him a message.

Reactions: nagemj02
That is a good question.

If I knew the answer to that question, I'd be Bernie Miklasz!

Actually, ZZ, if you really knew the answer, I'd guess you were anybody BUT our friend, Bernie.....

Bernie-2015_620x250-620x250.jpg

EXAiX.jpg

Recruits finalist in the news this week........

Young -----Purdue, Butler, Clemson, Michigan, & OSU
Malik Williams - Purdue, Georgetown, Iowa, Louisville, MSU, NC State, UCLA & iu

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT