ADVERTISEMENT

Receivers

Burgess, Wright, and Sparks played well. Could Sparks be our next Keith Smith of a QB prospect turned into a WR success? Time will tell on that. He definitely has playmaking ability.

It hurts our running game that Fuller is out for the year. We only played 3 games this year, and he is still our 2nd leading rusher right now for the season. That is saying something.

Our 3rd down conversion rate has gotten worse as the season as went on. Not sure the reason for that. We have too many 3 and outs that puts our defense out on the field too much and too quickly. Our defense has played the best it has played in several years. They just get tired, because of the lack of depth. If our offense was better, our defense would look even better.

It is going to be very difficult to be beat Iowa at Iowa. We are more than likely home for the holidays. However, even if that is the case, I for one consider this to be a successful season. Brohm has exceeded my expectations this year. We was not left with the greatest talent, but he has made what he has work. I know there has been a lot of negativity lately due to close games we did not win. That is due to higher expectations from winning some early ballgames and staying close in others. However, we have had some key injuries throughout the season, and we didn't have the depth to replace them when they happened. We have to give him time. I think he will turn us around.

OL, RBs And playcalling let us down last night.

D was impressive again IMO
I’m not happy in any way-shape-or form with the season and current record. We should have beaten Wisconsin, Rutgers and Nebraska (YES I said Wisconsin-two defensive TD’s we didn’t capitalize on and finish). Having said that I am not going to think that I could have called a better game myself. CJB has an impossible task. His play calling in short yardage seems foolish to us, but to a coach knowing his OL is rubbish it makes me wonder why he doesn’t just fake punt more often.
We will be good...I know it, you know it. We were getting killed last year in most games with basically these same players, now we compete! Seniors he replaced, ** and *** guys step up and become the next ‘Bentley or Hunte’...these last five weeks make me want to turn off the TV and work in the yard but alas I am a Boilermaker so I drink the Kool-aid

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
Burgess, Wright, and Sparks played well. Could Sparks be our next Keith Smith of a QB prospect turned into a WR success? Time will tell on that. He definitely has playmaking ability.

It hurts our running game that Fuller is out for the year. We only played 3 games this year, and he is still our 2nd leading rusher right now for the season. That is saying something.

Our 3rd down conversion rate has gotten worse as the season as went on. Not sure the reason for that. We have too many 3 and outs that puts our defense out on the field too much and too quickly. Our defense has played the best it has played in several years. They just get tired, because of the lack of depth. If our offense was better, our defense would look even better.

It is going to be very difficult to be beat Iowa at Iowa. We are more than likely home for the holidays. However, even if that is the case, I for one consider this to be a successful season. Brohm has exceeded my expectations this year. We was not left with the greatest talent, but he has made what he has work. I know there has been a lot of negativity lately due to close games we did not win. That is due to higher expectations from winning some early ballgames and staying close in others. However, we have had some key injuries throughout the season, and we didn't have the depth to replace them when they happened. We have to give him time. I think he will turn us around.

One thing that could help against Iowa is that they tend to play zone coverage.

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
The receivers and Sindelar were really hooking up the last 20 minutes or so of the Northwestern game. Best they have looked for a while. Don't know why it took so long to happen in the game. It was nice to see

The receivers and Sindelar were really hooking up the last 20 minutes or so of the Northwestern game. Best they have looked for a while. Don't know why it took so long to happen in the game. It was nice to see

Maybe NW changed their coverage based on the score? Don't know since I didn't see game, but that usually happens. Going forward, the group should now have some confidence to build on. Hope the coaches can develop a scheme for the tight coverage they have been seeing and then teach it to the players.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Maybe NW changed their coverage based on the score? Don't know since I didn't see game, but that usually happens. Going forward, the group should now have some confidence to build on. Hope the coaches can develop a scheme for the tight coverage they have been seeing and then teach it to the players.

It appears they didn't.

Purdue went more downfield and had the receivers running at different levels .

Unfortunately the line didn't give Sindelar time to take advantage

Sindelar got as comfortable as the O-Line let him get with the offense this game and really I think the offense looked almost as good as it has all season, but also about as bad at the same time.

We could move the ball through the air in the second half but couldn't get half a yard on a couple of 4th downs on the ground. That end of 1st half sequence really changed the game. What would have been 7-7 or 7-3 at half with a 1st down turned into 14-0.

Reactions: pboiler18
When Wright gets the ball. You can tell her has playmaker abilities in space and the open field. No one else really has that for us right now. While I like Anthrop he’s not Danny even with the injuries.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT