ADVERTISEMENT

Reasons to believe.....

bonefish1

All-American
Oct 4, 2004
2 reasons:
1) Vandy vs Bama
2) #2 teams coming into Ross Ade

OU is coming off an emotional win, playing an overmatched Purdue team, but it is on the road, a night game and should be a good atmosphere.
Throw Browne out there an tell him to go make plays. Yeh, a couple guys have to be special but we've seen it before.

Reactions: z_one and pboiler18
2 reasons:
1) Vandy vs Bama

OU is coming off an emotional win, playing an overmatched Purdue team, but it is on the road, a night game and should be a good atmosphere.
Throw Browne out there an tell him to go make plays. Yeh, a couple guys have to be special but we've seen it before.
Not a chance…

But I think you could point to some progress getting stops on D and scoring 3-4TDs.

Reactions: Boiler8285
Not a chance…

But I think you could point to some progress getting stops on D and scoring 3-4TDs.
not trying to be funny here but I think it'll be difficult to hold them under 70 (10 TD's), we don't have any pass rush to speak of and Gabriel will be throwing lasers all night to their receivers vs our DB's. It's going to be up to our O to stay on the field for long periods of time and no turnovers to give them extra opportunities

Reactions: Boiler8285
not trying to be funny here but I think it'll be difficult to hold them under 70 (10 TD's), we don't have any pass rush to speak of and Gabriel will be throwing lasers all night to their receivers vs our DB's. It's going to be up to our O to stay on the field for long periods of time and no turnovers to give them extra opportunities
Don’t you dare point out the obvious to this fan base.

They’ll hate you for it!

The offense moved the ball last week but will likely struggle more vs a better defense in Oregon. It’s understandable. There’s a big talent gap here between us and the #2 team in the country. It’s understandable.

Now, what do we do to take advantage of favorable matchups for us? So we make plays when they are there to be made?

That will tell us a lot about this coach, this program and all of their futures.

Reactions: npb
2 reasons:
1) Vandy vs Bama

Throw Browne out there a tell him to go make plays. Yeh, a couple guys have to be special but we've seen it before.
When Purdue was beating number 2 teams, they couldn’t go out and legally buy whoever they wanted.

We are going to be Duck soup
Just looking for some silver lining here.......By all metrics, we should be our doors blown off. But, Bama should have done the same to Vandy.
Play with some confidence, get a few breaks and have a couple guys be special.....you never know.

Reactions: npb
Just looking for some silver lining here.......By all metrics, we should be our doors blown off. But, Bama should have done the same to Vandy.
Play with some confidence, get a few breaks and have a couple guys be special.....you never know.
Vandy is a much better team than us. Prob 7-8 wins. We are applauding this staff for mastering the forward pass last week.

I like the optimism but Oregon is good at all the things we can’t stop or do ourselves.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT