ADVERTISEMENT

Read it and Weap Louisville Fans

My thoughts have been during this whole sillyness that Mbob will up the anty pretty decently by giving CJB a raise and increasing the buyout (CJB may or may not accept it). But if he leaves, he leaves. Life will go on, we have the leadership in place, the facilities, the academics, the money ($2.3 billion endowment), etc...worrying about what we cannot control is silly...control the controllables. If he wants to leave, Mbob will fight like hell to keep him but if his heart is set on his alma-mater then thank him for giving us 100% and wish him well..and bring in the guy who will take us to 'that level'

Hopefully this puts the rumors and innuendo to bed.

"I want Louisville to do what's best for them. I'm a fan. Right now, I'm the coach at Purdue. This is where I want to be and I like it here."

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...says-purdue-where-want-amid-louisville-rumors

I come in peace. I have posted here a bit during all of this madness and I think I've been pretty reasonable and not a jackass like some of the other Card fans that felt the need to post here. A few things:

I have no idea what Brohm is going to do. I'll say that first.

I'll also say that Petrino signed a 10 year contract, said how happy he was and never leaving, etc etc, and left a few days later.

Charlie Strong gave his "I'm not cut like that" interview, and left for Austin days later.

John L Smith was happy to be here, left for East Lansing a few days later. This broke during the bowl game, man the second half of that one was ugly.

Granted, those were other guys and not Jeff Brohm. Here's Jeff Brohm a few years ago (don't just read the headline, read the article and his quotes):

https://www.wbko.com/content/sports...ith-other-schools-at-this-time-404500055.html

Reactions: purduemagee
I come in peace. I have posted here a bit during all of this madness and I think I've been pretty reasonable and not a jackass like some of the other Card fans that felt the need to post here. A few things:

I'll also say that Petrino signed a 10 year contract, said how happy he was and never leaving, etc etc, and left a few days later.

Charlie Strong gave his "I'm not cut like that" interview, and left for Austin days later.

John L Smith was happy to be here, left for East Lansing a few days later. This broke during the bowl game, man the second half of that one was ugly.

Granted, those were other guys and not Jeff Brohm. Here's Jeff Brohm a few years ago (don't just read the headline, read his quotes):

https://www.wbko.com/content/sports...ith-other-schools-at-this-time-404500055.html

You can’t take the Petrino stuff as similar though. If an NFL team came in to focus and offered a ton of money, you would be silly not to jump. The only thing holding Saban back is the same reasons Petrino and Calipari never jumped back to the NBA: its hard and there is even less job security.

The others I understand your rationale but as you said it is a different man and more importantly it is a different school/situation than UofL. The big thing that came forward today was that Brohm spoke specifically of the administration and how they believe in a vision and that speaks to him being in that future vision.

Granted, those were other guys and not Jeff Brohm. Here's Jeff Brohm a few years ago (don't just read the headline, read the article and his quotes):

I give you credit for coming back over here unlike your brethren Dick, Chapman, etc. who are home in their basement crying.

New flash. We aren’t worried anymore. And don’t compare him to Strong or Smith. That’s offensive.

Reactions: Morgantown Card

You have been more reasonable. That said, I think Brohm is sick of the media circus. He is a straight shooter. He’s told current Purdue players and 2019 and 2020 recruits he’s staying at Purdue. He’s told the media “This is where I want to be (Purdue). I like it here”.

Sorry, but I’ll take him at his word. Otherwise, you’re calling him a liar.

We'll all see what happens. The next few weeks are going to be interesting enough on us all until a hire is made whoever that is.

For now, I'm watching Louisville get taken to the woodshed by UK, players fighting with coaches on the sideline, getting ejected, over 100 yards in penalties, there's a walkon QB now in, yuck.

Reactions: Nukeboiler

I read all of that. None of it rose to the level of what Brohm said today. Does that mean Brohm is definitely staying, no. Does it mean he is just blowing smoke? No. Brohm sounds like someone who wants to stay but wants a raise. Maybe someone who doesn’t want to harm his alma mater by publicly saying no to them, instead letting them somewhat plausibly say they got the guy they wanted all along. Or maybe he is already signed with Louisville and is lying to everyone of his players, recruits, and bosses.

I give you credit for coming back over here unlike your brethren Dick, Chapman, etc. who are home in their basement crying.

New flash. We aren’t worried anymore. And don’t compare him to Strong or Smith. That’s offensive.
Actually I think Strong would do well there but he burned (more like ‘screwed’) his chances at coming back. Plus how odd would it be for UofL to rehire a former coach for the second time in like 10-12 years?

Honestly, UofL can do better than Strong. Not sure where the other openings will eventually come from but right now it is TT and UofL. Not seeing anything in the B1G this season and the same for PAC 12, B1G, or ACC for that matter. UofL will be in a good position that they aren’t going to have compete with other programs to find a new coach.

The same would hold true if Brohm did end up leaving.

We'll all see what happens. The next few weeks are going to be interesting enough on us all until a hire is made whoever that is.

For now, I'm watching Louisville get taken to the woodshed by UK, players fighting with coaches on the sideline, getting ejected, over 100 yards in penalties, there's a walkon QB now in, yuck.
Louisville’s a complete mess. Why would that be attractive to him right now? He’s got an excellent class coming in plus he gets to keep coaching Rondale Moore. Why throw that all away and start from scratch again? Why leave a President, AD, and BoT he truly likes and that are very supportive. Purdue is in much better shape financially.

When you look objectively at both programs in the lenses of what you are seeing today:

Would you stay at Purdue or leave for UofL?

Actually I think Strong would do well there but he burned (more like ‘screwed’) his chances at coming back. Plus how odd would it be for UofL to rehire a former coach for the second time in like 10-12 years?

Honestly, UofL can do better than Strong. Not sure where the other openings will eventually come from but right now it is TT and UofL. Not seeing anything in the B1G this season and the same for PAC 12, B1G, or ACC for that matter. UofL will be in a good position that they aren’t going to have compete with other programs to find a new coach.

The same would hold true if Brohm did end up leaving.
I still maintain publicly philandering is a job requisite at UL.

Louisville’s a complete mess. Why would that be attractive to him right now? He’s got an excellent class coming in plus he gets to keep coaching Rondale Moore. Why throw that all away and start from scratch again? Why leave a President, AD, and BoT he truly likes and that are very supportive. Purdue is in much better shape financially.

Moore has a legit chance of being an AA this year and was recently sent a letter from the Heisman that they asked for film and other things from the university and AD.

What has shown on the sidelines tonight against UK I think may end up sealing the deal for Brohm to stay at Purdue. If Brohm were to leave for UofL, yes some commits would go with...but more of them have better offers to schools not named UofL (UM. BC. etc). If the two teams played RIGHT NOW, UofL would get wiped and Brohm would see players in the opposite sideline quitting, being undisciplined, and a culture of football that needs overhauled more so than when he got to Purdue.

He has said the reason he took the Purdue job was bc there were seniors here who were good players and he felt like his philosophy and character was a fit for Purdue...I don’t think he would say the same right now at UofL.

LOL, well I'm watching Louisville get killed by the historically bad UK, and I may or may not be crying, but it's my basement I may or may not be crying in. LOL!

What he said today, remember, he's still on your payroll. We can get into the semantics of what "right now" means etc. Call me jaded, I guess I have seen this type of language before. Like I said, it'll play out and how I personally feel about the situation won't have any influence on any of it. Whether he stays or goes, I think Louisville will be fine.

And - LOL about Strong "screwing" his chances to come back. That made me laugh and I'm still laughing about that one.

LOL, well I'm watching Louisville get killed by the historically bad UK, and I may or may not be crying, but it's my basement I may or may not be crying in. LOL!

What he said today, remember, he's still on your payroll. We can get into the semantics of what "right now" means etc. Call me jaded, I guess I have seen this type of language before. Like I said, it'll play out and how I personally feel about the situation won't have any influence on any of it. Whether he stays or goes, I think Louisville will be fine.

And - LOL about Strong "screwing" his chances to come back. That made me laugh and I'm still laughing about that one.
If Louisville was willing to take Petrino back I’m sure they’d take Strong back too. He was good at Louisville I thought. He was a bad fit at Texas.

I agree with you on the quotes, but those guys left for better jobs. They were career improving moves. When Brohm leaves it will be for a better job (not Louisville).

Reactions: indy35
Hopefully this puts the rumors and innuendo to bed.

"I want Louisville to do what's best for them. I'm a fan. Right now, I'm the coach at Purdue. This is where I want to be and I like it here."

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...says-purdue-where-want-amid-louisville-rumors

1. It's "weep" not "weap"

2. If you think that's a definitive statement that ensures there's no way he leaves, I have a bridge to sell you. Like nearly anyone in his position, he said something that sounds kinda definitive, but really isn't. He may stay at Purdue or he may not. He is tap dancing for time and that statement was crafted to allow him to straddle the fence.

3. Good win today.

1. It's "weep" not "weap"

2. If you think that's a definitive statement that ensures there's no way he leaves, I have a bridge to sell you. Like nearly anyone in his position, he said something that sounds kinda definitive, but really isn't. He may stay at Purdue or he may not. He is tap dancing for time and that statement was crafted to allow him to straddle the fence.

3. Good win today.
Just killing you, Loosier, isn’t it? Enjoy 2 more years of losing with your glorified HS coach. Brohm is a much superior coach to Allen and he’s just getting started at Purdue.

If Louisville was willing to take Petrino back I’m sure they’d take Strong back too. He was good at Louisville I thought. He was a bad fit at Texas.

Charlie was good at Louisville, I agree. The problem is he was bending over a prominent booster's wife and was named in the divorce. Nick Saban will be coach at Louisville before Charlie Strong is re-hired.

Charlie was good at Louisville, I agree. The problem is he was bending over a prominent booster's wife and was named in the divorce. Nick Saban will be coach at Louisville before Charlie Strong is re-hired.
Well you know the lay of the land at UL than I do. If it’s not Brohm or Strong, who is it? UK guy, Neal Brown? I doubt that. Brett Venables?

I agree with you on the quotes, but those guys left for better jobs. They were career improving moves. When Brohm leaves it will be for a better job (not Louisville).

Louisville looks like a very bad job right now because of what we have seen this year. Louisville has been a Top 30 job over the last 20 years, in my opinion, based on success on the field, pay, and facilities. This year is an anomaly. I agree Jeff is building something special in WL, in a great conference and you have a ton of tradition. That's probably why Louisville and others want him. When rubber meets the road, we can speculate and speculate but we'll see how it plays out.

Reactions: indyogb
Louisville looks like a very bad job right now because of what we have seen this year. Louisville has been a Top 30 job over the last 20 years, in my opinion, based on success on the field, pay, and facilities. This year is an anomaly. I agree Jeff is building something special in WL, in a great conference and you have a ton of tradition. That's probably why Louisville and others want him. When rubber meets the road, we can speculate and speculate but we'll see how it plays out.
His comments are not speculation. Only the UL partisans are speculating.

You have been more reasonable. That said, I think Brohm is sick of the media circus. He is a straight shooter. He’s told current Purdue players and 2019 and 2020 recruits he’s staying at Purdue. He’s told the media “This is where I want to be (Purdue). I like it here”.

Sorry, but I’ll take him at his word. Otherwise, you’re calling him a liar.

I watched the full video twice -- I have no idea what will happen, but Purdue fans are crazy to think it's a done deal that Brohm is staying. He used SEVERAL qualifiers in his presser -- 'right now' ... 'at this time' ... 'at this moment' ... etc.

He might just be angling to get a new and bigger contract at Purdue, but his quotes were FAR FROM stating that he is unequivocally staying at Purdue.

I watched the full video twice -- I have no idea what will happen, but Purdue fans are crazy to think it's a done deal that Brohm is staying. He used SEVERAL qualifiers in his presser -- 'right now' ... 'at this time' ... 'at this moment' ... etc.

He might just be angling to get a new and bigger contract at Purdue, but his quotes were FAR FROM stating that he is unequivocally staying at Purdue.
You don’t have a clue, Loosier.

Your lack of comprehension has nothing to do with us.

Hmm. That "right now". Concerns me

giphy.gif

Purdue is a overall much larger college then Louisville. Why do they think they are so much better?

Just killing you, Loosier, isn’t it? Enjoy 2 more years of losing with your glorified HS coach. Brohm is a much superior coach to Allen and he’s just getting started at Purdue.

Not sure why you have to insert the pejorative, but ok. I was referring to OP's assertion that Brohm's was a definitive statement that he is not leaving Purdue. Any objective person would agree that he has left the door open. He may stay at Purdue have have great success, but I wasn't debating that.

You have some reading comprehension issues, it seems.

Reactions: mikewoodson2
Not sure why you have to insert the pejorative, but ok. I was referring to OP's assertion that Brohm's was a definitive statement that he is not leaving Purdue. Any objective person would agree that he has left the door open. He may stay at Purdue have have great success, but I wasn't debating that.

You have some reading comprehension issues, it seems.
I called you what you are - a Loosier. Someone who is hoping against hope that Brohm goes to Louisville. The problem for you is that you’re making statements about Brohm when you only have a fraction of the information we’ve seen about the situation. You don’t know jack about it. But what’s new? Loosiers are some of the most uninformed NCAA football fans there are.

From the Doyel article...thanks for fitting the stereotype....

IU is treading water, and just barely, and because IU fans can’t comfort themselves with anything happening in Bloomington, they point to West Lafayette, to the school that has overtaken them in football, and they nervously laugh and say what they hope is true: He’s leaving! Mark it down!

https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...ell-choose-purdue-over-louisville/2100942002/

Sounds like people will say anything to get away from Louisville

Reactions: indy35
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT