ADVERTISEMENT

Random Stats to vote on

Which current stat surprises you the most (up to 3 choices)

• Horvath having more NFL career receiving TD's than Rondale Moore and David Bell combined

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • The current top 4 247 rated football commits in 2023 are all DL; no QB/WR in top 10

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • 2 WO - Downing and Mockobee having the most rushing yards (instead of Doerue, Lewis or Tracy)

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Austin Burton having a higher QB Efficiency rating than Aidan O'Connell

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Purdue giving up an average of 31 PPG to FCS opponents this season

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Recruited HS WR/TE production is minor (Sheffield 11, Rice 5, Burks 5, Terrell 2, 2x 1) beside PD

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Sanoussi Kane leads all players with 19 tackles; 2 Freshman DL will use RS (Caraway 4 GP, Omonode 3)

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Purdue had more run plays than pass plays in 2/4 games

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Purdue won time of possession on 3/4 games

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Two out of four Purdue football games this season being 4+ hours

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Said it before and I'll say it again....Kane is the best 7th year Senior in the country.

Some info that may surprise you.
Look at recruited WR/TE production aside of Durham AND Jones, and, the disparity is even greater.

Just read Carmin's article about lack of depth at DB, which was something else I had commented on in another thread, but, want to bring up again.

It seems like there is a tremendous lack of depth in reality at a bunch of positions...despite many, many assertions by staff and posters on here that the depth on this roster was the best that it has been and a testament to what has allegedly been built.

QB...a walk-on and transfer at the top, with, a clear drop-off to a guy that was in the portal but elected to stay and a true freshman.

RB...two walk-on transfers, a MAC transfer, and, Doerue (injured)

WR...a ton of guys recruited...best guy, by as great a margin as there could possibly be, a transfer.

TE...Durham, and, ??? Miller getting injured impacted that, but, still...2 guys if you include him.

OL...I don't even know admittedly, as, I still have no idea who is legit average, never mind good, and, given that there was a noticeable drop-off last week down a couple of guys, I am just speculating that depth is not great.

No depth in secondary...no depth at LB.

DL? Seems like there is some actual potential depth there.

The good news...with the portal, it is easier to address issues...the bad news...man, on the surface, there looks to be a whole lot of issues, and, some genuine questions around recruiting certainly...and, maybe development.

Reactions: SKYDOG
I wonder about the lack of depth and transfers and the portal. I had thought the secondary and wr had a lot of depth based on the amount of names at the position on our roster.

you mention using the portal and transfers to fill in that depth. Were we not maxed this year? And we were still lacking in depth? Obviously we didn’t use the portal to address that depth this year. And there will be no guarantee we will use the portal to address the depth next year.

To add depth via the portal, somebody has to leave. Are we going to jettison a bunch of players so we can add players via the portal?

some of our best new additions were via the portal. Will this be the way of the future? To stop recruiting players and redshirting them and just add developed players via the portal? Will all of our future o linemen and RB and WR be from the portal?

Will the portal replace high school and junior college recruiting as our primary source for players ?

I wonder about the lack of depth and transfers and the portal. I had thought the secondary and wr had a lot of depth based on the amount of names at the position on our roster.

you mention using the portal and transfers to fill in that depth. Were we not maxed this year? And we were still lacking in depth? Obviously we didn’t use the portal to address that depth this year. And there will be no guarantee we will use the portal to address the depth next year.

To add depth via the portal, somebody has to leave. Are we going to jettison a bunch of players so we can add players via the portal?

some of our best new additions were via the portal. Will this be the way of the future? To stop recruiting players and redshirting them and just add developed players via the portal? Will all of our future o linemen and RB and WR be from the portal?

Will the portal replace high school and junior college recruiting as our primary source for players ?
Yes, the portal will (already has largely) replace HS and JC recruiting in a lot of cases...and, it likely will lead to the jettisoning of players to another of your questions, with, replacements for them from the portal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT