ADVERTISEMENT

quite simply the basketball problems discussed are embedded in our

tjreese

All-American
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2008
current approach to governing. Purdue is using a representative republic among coaches that are believed to be in a better position to make the right decisions and make those for us. Some consider that obsolete! Some choose to want more of a pure democracy it appears where everyone's opinions are of "equal value" and recognizing that total vote is not counted due to this republic representation. We have the electronic means to accomplish this where we could count EVERY vote and determine the outcome. However, there could be some that would only want Purdue people to vote on Purdue things and we shouldn't disenfranchise others just because they don't have a Purdue verification. If IU fans benefit by their choice, why should it only be contained to Purdue people?

Although the winning sentiments may only obtain a percent or so with rounding due to so many opinions, we will at least have a winner. Punishment should then be handed out by requiring previous coaches to sit in the stands to better understand not only their demise, but why their situation was in error. This needs written somewhere because coaches current and past many times avoid those stands in the midst of fans.

Seriously, there are a lot of legitimate questions people have from all stripes and reasonable reflection about each in a logical manner is something to seek.

the biggest $ boosters (like lobbyists/government) have the influence in the direction of the program/coach

current approach to governing. Purdue is using a representative republic among coaches that are believed to be in a better position to make the right decisions and make those for us. Some consider that obsolete! Some choose to want more of a pure democracy it appears where everyone's opinions are of "equal value" and recognizing that total vote is not counted due to this republic representation. We have the electronic means to accomplish this where we could count EVERY vote and determine the outcome. However, there could be some that would only want Purdue people to vote on Purdue things and we shouldn't disenfranchise others just because they don't have a Purdue verification. If IU fans benefit by their choice, why should it only be contained to Purdue people?

Although the winning sentiments may only obtain a percent or so with rounding due to so many opinions, we will at least have a winner. Punishment should then be handed out by requiring previous coaches to sit in the stands to better understand not only their demise, but why their situation was in error. This needs written somewhere because coaches current and past many times avoid those stands in the midst of fans.

Seriously, there are a lot of legitimate questions people have from all stripes and reasonable reflection about each in a logical manner is something to seek.

Love it! So may great opinions, this is bound to improve the program!

Reactions: tjreese

What on earth are you talking about?

the biggest $ boosters (like lobbyists/government) have the influence in the direction of the program/coach
but we could start a groundswell where everyone puts in only $5 and use our power to change things...they can worry about paying for it later. The current system no longer works for us.

Reactions: northside100
Sounds almost like Godspeak to me. I love it . I'd have one with you TJ but my wife won't let me this early in the day

What on earth are you talking about?
I don't know? I didn't think things had to make sense here...just post them. Maybe a few more drinks and I'll understand. I just hope Do Dah Day isn't drunk reading such...not wanting to contribute ya know.

Reactions: Purdue85
Sounds almost like Godspeak to me. I love it . I'd have one with you TJ but my wife won't let me this early in the day
Well, I can't take credit...it all came to me one day in a vision at Purdue as I was attending St Thomas Areeseas. Kneeling in the pugh I had visions from CK Chesterton and C.S. Lewis that were perplexing until I started walking across State Street and there I engaged in a discussion with Frank Sheed and like the Blues Brothers I saw the light!

tj, buddy, you've fallen off your Meds. Go take then right now, before you post again, please.

Well, I can't take credit...it all came to me one day in a vision at Purdue as I was attending St Thomas Areeseas. Kneeling in the pugh I had visions from CK Chesterton and C.S. Lewis that were perplexing until I started walking across State Street and there I engaged in a discussion with Frank Sheed and like the Blues Brothers I saw the light!

I think the Jack is affecting your motor skills already, you amateur. It's G K Chesterton. Maybe you should switch to scotch. That's where the real intelligence lies . . . just axe me.

!

I think the Jack is affecting your motor skills already, you amateur. It's G K Chesterton. Maybe you should switch to scotch. That's where the real intelligence lies . . . just axe me.

!
true...maybe a bit too much Jack today. I told Kim that if she heard a thunk it was me falling off the second story and I may need a drink to ease the pain. Actually, "I write in order to attain that feeling of tension relieved and function achieved which a cow enjoys on giving milk." borrowed from H. L Mencken

Reactions: Purdue85
A thread inspired by Jack makes much more sense than threads inspired by negative emotions. Especially the threads where presumably sober people believe that writing their thoughts will affect the outcome of the season and posters who disagrees with them are to blame for the program's "mediocrity".

A thread inspired by Jack makes much more sense than threads inspired by negative emotions. Especially the threads where presumably sober people believe that writing their thoughts will affect the outcome of the season and posters who disagrees with them are to blame for the program's "mediocrity".

images

We all share in a desire to see Purdue do well in all sports. Doing well may be sustained success for some and others the bright lights...if but for a few weeks, and then the ultimate to have the bright lights in a regular fashion. Although I know VERY FEW that post on this site I consider all friends of the cloth. I may disagree with some posters, but that doesn't mean I dislike that person. It also doesn't mean I'm right or wrong...just a difference of opinion. Still, at times I find myself with a difference of opinion in what is real meaningful data and what isn't, and whether it all comes from the same population for comparison...then again maybe I'm making it more complex than it should be? I think not, but who am I to say I'm right? When those that lash out stating that you or another is settling for mediocracy, perhaps they are just frustrated and somehow associate you with the problem.

Reality says none of us has an opinion that really makes a difference, but it may be therapeutic for some to get off their chest what they feel. Being the simpleton I am it is easy for me to understand I have an opinion, few really care and it actually makes no difference. There is nobody in this forum I wouldn't want to meet, but I know that is not a two way street. Now, back to Jack as this is starting to make too much sense and I have a rep to maintain!

NearCraftyAlpinegoat-size_restricted.gif

true...maybe a bit too much Jack today. I told Kim that if she heard a thunk it was me falling off the second story and I may need a drink to ease the pain. Actually, "I write in order to attain that feeling of tension relieved and function achieved which a cow enjoys on giving milk." borrowed from H. L Mencken
Quick I think TJ's been hacked by Ms. Ocasio-Cortez.

I don't know? I didn't think things had to make sense here...just post them. Maybe a few more drinks and I'll understand. I just hope Do Dah Day isn't drunk reading such...not wanting to contribute ya know.
I may not post again until late February. Hell, I may not drop by before then.

I may not post again until late February. Hell, I may not drop by before then.
Ya know there are times a coach does something...some behavior...some comments and all of a sudden "the players" gather around their brothers and forget their differences. I've seen that happen before... ;)

Ya know there are times a coach does something...some behavior...some comments and all of a sudden "the players" gather around their brothers and forget their differences. I've seen that happen before... ;)
Give me a call ...

Last edited:
Give me a call ... perhaps our staying at #18 this week will slow some of the diarrhea down.
I'll find your old email address and send you a note. Was off three days last week and a bit behind today...

I'll find your old email address and send you a note. Was off three days last week and a bit behind today...
I meant call when the gathering around brings brotherhood ... but glad to chew the fat anytime.

I meant call when the gathering around beings brotherhood ... but glad to chew the fat anytime.
okay...when I mentioned the coach doing whatever...I did notice less knocking of Purdue basketball and Matt in particular. I have no issue with criticism of Matt, but like a bit of depth and specific reasons why...

Are you still in the W. Laf area?

okay...when I mentioned the coach doing whatever...I did notice less knocking of Purdue basketball and Matt in particular. I have no issue with criticism of Matt, but like a bit of depth and specific reasons why...

Are you still in the W. Laf area?
Yeah, staying here this winter. Silly me. I do have some thoughts to stimulate conver. LOL

I've got to give TJ props for this yhread. It is the only one that makes any sense on this board at this time.
I agree. Almost every player has been cut up and belittled by the "fans"...….all in the name of constructive criticism:rolleyes: It's an embarrassment. Personally, I wouldn't piss up any of their asses if their guts were on fire. Anyway, that's not taking the high road I guess, so I shut the hell up...…...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT