ADVERTISEMENT

Question on Players Redshirting On Their Own

ghostoffatjack

Sophomore
Jun 15, 2013
Are colleges obligated to continue to keep the player on the team and receive all the perks if a player declares he is redshirting without the school's approval?

In the past I would say this would hurt recruiting but with players bailing out on late season and/or Bowl games if a school chooses COULD they tell them to hit the road with today's Portal movements....I am wondering?

Last edited:
Are colleges obligated to continue to keep the player on the team and receive all the perks if a player declares he is redshirting without the school's approval?

In the past I would say this would hurt recruiting but with players bailing out on late season and/or Bowl games if a school chooses COULD they tell them to hit the road with today's Portal movements....I am wondering?
From what I’ve seen the player seems to be moving on on his own.

The 2 kids at UNLV I’m pretty sure they left the team.

It seems like Bear Alexander is going to stick around at USC and use them and their facilities til he finds a new home.

If I was the team, I’d say good bye and change the locks on the doors. Their facilities are for their team, not just some athlete who doesn’t want to pay to go to a private workout gym

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT