ADVERTISEMENT

Quarterback situation for next season

I' ll go w/ Blough to start then if he has trouble, Sipe will be the guy.
Just don’t think Sipe separates himself from Plummer. If they felt strongly about him, he would have stepped in for Sindelar had he been injured in the bowl game. Again, when asked about that same situation Brohm said he would run the wildcat with Sparks as nauseum before playing Sipe...to me, that’s pretty telling that he doesn’t trust the kid to even hand the ball off and throw a screen every once in awhile.

Plummer is widely considered a high level target and to have one of the best skill sets on the west coast. When he verballed to Purdue, a lot of programs backed off because he essentially said playing for Brohm and in that offense was a dream for him.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Just don’t think Sipe separates himself from Plummer. If they felt strongly about him, he would have stepped in for Sindelar had he been injured in the bowl game. Again, when asked about that same situation Brohm said he would run the wildcat with Sparks as nauseum before playing Sipe...to me, that’s pretty telling that he doesn’t trust the kid to even hand the ball off and throw a screen every once in awhile.

Plummer is widely considered a high level target and to have one of the best skill sets on the west coast. When he verballed to Purdue, a lot of programs backed off because he essentially said playing for Brohm and in that offense was a dream for him.
I think protecting his redshirt was more important. And I agree.

he wasn't used in the bowl game to protect his RS. I like him when watching his highlights he has nice footwork, throws catchable balls, and throws nice seam passes which I like w/ our O in the way TE's and wideouts can be used.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT