ADVERTISEMENT

Purue.

Yeah, it was bad. I don't know if they were going 50% because it was a scrimmage, but that was one of the worst D I've seen from a Painter team.
I don’t think the D was as bad as the results. We need to work through screens better, work on switches, and block out on the back door cuts. This was good practice for us. What I was pleased about was they had some quick guards and generally didn’t feel like we got beat going to basket often

Bruh, Creighton was on fire. I know they said pops Isaacs was a 29% 3 pt shooter but he can fill it up in the next past from watching him. Creightons defense wasn’t that good…we just missed open shots. To be down 5 at half after that barrage they had, was quite encouraging. We were within 5 and had a chance in the game. We need to clean some things up…but def need the 5 spot to be better (weird thing to say after the last 6 years 😂)

Reactions: POTFHBTFU
Bruh, Creighton was on fire. I know they said pops Isaacs was a 29% 3 pt shooter but he can fill it up in the next past from watching him. Creightons defense wasn’t that good…we just missed open shots. To be down 5 at half after that barrage they had, was quite encouraging. We were within 5 and had a chance in the game. We need to clean some things up…but def need the 5 spot to be better (weird thing to say after the last 6 years 😂)
This. Aside from the 4th best scorer from big 12 last year, big east preseason player of year, and one of best 3 shooting PGs we will face everyone else on creighton was generally held in check. Only disappointment was kings back door cuts.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
This. Aside from the 4th best scorer from big 12 last year, big east preseason player of year, and one of best 3 shooting PGs we will face everyone else on creighton was generally held in check. Only disappointment was kings back door cuts.
Our big 3 looked great and unstoppable on offense. I liked that the Frosh weren’t rattled and that the team battled back. Great test and hope the first few games can get us ready for BAAAAMA

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Yep. TK wasn’t bad, but DJ and Berg got taken to school by the best big in ncaa. Great learning experience

Yes if CMP had Kalk - he definitely would be AA and in competition for player of the year with Braden 😃
Heck he might be AA anyway if McDermott wakes up.

Couldn't handle him. But also the backdoor cuts & PnR made us look like a high school team at times.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Yes if CMP had Kalk - he definitely would be AA and in competition for player of the year with Braden 😃
Heck he might be AA anyway if McDermott wakes up.

Couldn't handle him. But also the backdoor cuts & PnR made us look like a high school team at times.
Yup.

Im not sure Kalk will get enough opportunities to score to be an AA…if that makes sense? Like I agree he is for sure an AA type player but they need to feed him. And maybe they will…but im not sure who is better than him in college bball at the 5

You have to remember that they went into the game without any scouting. So all of the D was based on in the moment adjustments. Not surprising that it didn't look great. A lot of young guys, so I think we'll see good progression bas the season goes on

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT