ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue WBB recieves 2020 commitment

DocRon

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2001
Sheridan , Michigan
Purdue received a verbal commitment from Marion's RaShaya Kyle, a 6-6 post. She also had offers from IU & Michigan State.

She join's last October's commitment of guard Madison Layden from Kokomo's Northwestern HS.

different wbb recruiting sites have differing opinions on both. Some say Laydon may be the best player in Indiana for 2020 and others like Hoopgurlz say that Kyle is the 39th rated prospect in the country while others don't even list her... but 6'6 and still growing? Both could start when they get to Purdue as freshmen.

I have seen both as I work for Prep Girls Hoops. Layden is the top player in Indiana (20-25 nationally). Kyle is 6'5 and the 4th in the state (probably 70-80 nationally).

Take HoopGurlz with a grain of salt. Olson isn't very good and just ranks players on how they play, not college potential. There will be another National ranking service that is much more expansive soon.
thanks for the info

different wbb recruiting sites have differing opinions on both. Some say Laydon may be the best player in Indiana for 2020 and others like Hoopgurlz say that Kyle is the 39th rated prospect in the country while others don't even list her... but 6'6 and still growing? Both could start when they get to Purdue as freshmen.

Parrish from North Central is the top rated player in state and is going to Oregon. Layden’s teammate, Bostic, who is MSU bound runs circles around Kyle right now In the post, but her ceiling is not as high because of the obvious height differential.

Parrish from North Central is the top rated player in state and is going to Oregon. Layden’s teammate, Bostic, who is MSU bound runs circles around Kyle right now In the post, but her ceiling is not as high because of the obvious height differential.
Parish is from Hamilton Southeastern, she's very good.

Reactions: destewart
There are five players who should be ranked nationally in the state. HoopGurlz isn't a very good indicator of actual rankings. Talking with D1 coaches around the state (since I help with the state rankings for PGH), this is who the top 5 are in the state. Numbers beside the player is what they *should* be nationally.

Madison Layden (20-25)
Sydney Parrish (25-30)
Keegan Sullivan (60-75)
Rashaya Kyle (60-75)
Kendall Bostic (70-90)

Nan Garcia is just outside the top 100.

There are five players who should be ranked nationally in the state. HoopGurlz isn't a very good indicator of actual rankings. Talking with D1 coaches around the state (since I help with the state rankings for PGH), this is who the top 5 are in the state. Numbers beside the player is what they *should* be nationally.

Madison Layden (20-25)
Sydney Parrish (25-30)
Keegan Sullivan (60-75)
Rashaya Kyle (60-75)
Kendall Bostic (70-90)

Nan Garcia is just outside the top 100.
curious if you know Kevin Bostic, Jeff/Kathie Laydon or just seen the girls?

curious if you know Kevin Bostic, Jeff/Kathie Laydon or just seen the girls?
I am acquainted with Layden, but have never spoke with them in person. I do not know the Bostic's. I have just seen all these girls multiple times in AAU and in HS games.

Reactions: tjreese
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT