ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs. Northwestern: Predictions and Game Thread

Glad it's an afternoon game because I'm already tired of waiting for the opening tip. Let's pick up another piece of hardware today, Boilers!

636239156444268937-LAF-IU-at-Purdue-01.jpg

Very few outside of the Purdue program itself would have thought this possible in December......this is what you play for......can these relatively young Boilermakers see it through?

Some interesting comments from Matt Painter:

"Understand no matter how you feel or understand the stakes, you can still do your job. I think that's where things get away from people sometimes, is when they let other factors come into play. Don't let other factors come into play. Just do your job. We've put ourselves in a good position because we've done our job."

Execute the game plan on the road, and they're Big Ten champions.

Away from the friendly confines of Mackey Arena, the Boilers have been a little inconsistent with their play......Looking forward to seeing how they embrace the challenge today. They need an all-hands-on-deck approach.

Boiler up, my friends.

isaachayes1x18x10x05xmc.jpg

Reactions: Roeder
Purdue 75 - 61.

Bold Prediction: We will have our first Trevion Williams sighting in nearly a month. And it will be awesome.

He's a key. They have an inside game and we can't afford him to pick up a foul within a minute of getting in the game each time. He needs to get in good position defensively.

We'll need him and Haarms fresh through the game.

I'll go ahead and be optimistic (because I don't want to fathom the alternative :D) - Purdue 59, Northwestern 58. Eastern and Haarms will save us by protecting the rim late in the game.

I hope the boys can bring home the trophy - they've worked hard for it.

I'll say a five point win for the good guys.

N'westn is 10-7 at home.

Boilers bring home a title and their 23rd win of the year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT