ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue v. Ohio State Game Thread

He is crucial to Purdue’s success. Glad he was a bit more looking for his shot. If Ethan scored off his pass instead of walking and Zach scored off his look off instead of getting it blocked we all breathe easier
both loyer and smith have had many opportunities to catch a shoot 3s and hesitated long enough to have to pass. when they catch the ball in rhythm and shoot immediately, they can be very deadly. he who hesitates is lost. good to see them have more confidence tonite along with morton

The other possibility is Jenkins. Loyer looked good coming off the bench in the second half after a rough first half.
Jenkins looked much better and into game. Course wasn’t he 3 for 3 behind the arc? Fletcher struggled first half with some TOS and maybe a couple of shots. He did try to get to the rim on some drives. A bit disappointed with Purdue’s mental start, but it ended well.

I’m not biased now but Braden played a great game…even on D the last 6 seconds

Jenkins looked much better and into game. Course wasn’t he 3 for 3 behind the arc? Fletcher struggled first half with some TOS and maybe a couple of shots. He did try to get to the rim on some drives. A bit disappointed with Purdue’s mental start, but it ended well.

I’m not biased now but Braden played a great game…even on D the last 6 seconds
It’s unbelievable that Braden didn’t have more offers when he committed to Purdue. Point guards like him are hard to find.

Go back through the decades until you find a PG of similar ability. I go back to 1979 maybe 1980
Are you thinking Sichting or Walker? Walker wasn’t a great shooter but he did run the point for a Final Four team. He seemed to limit turnovers going back and viewing a couple games.

Are you thinking Sichting or Walker? Walker wasn’t a great shooter but he did run the point for a Final Four team. He seemed to limit turnovers going back and viewing a couple games.
Yes, Brian was very good at controlling the game and Jerry was a better scorer. in 79 they could let the air out of the ball with their ball handling and hit FTs. Course I would entertain other names if anyone has them.

However, if you have to go back several years then you understand just how good Braden is...and many of his really good passes don't end up assists. He is more different than the other players. Purdue has people at other spots that have backups, but there is nobody on Purdue that does what he does in controlling the game...being able to get to the rim...scoring at the line, being able to shoot on the perimeter and making those passes I said last summer he would make that we would all shake our heads and that is just on O and not mentioning rebounding and some heady defensive plays. I wish I had a short video towards the end where he looks off zach on a drive and the OSU shifts away from zach and he hits zach to have zach end up getting it blocked on his shot. Zach hits that and Ethan doesn't take steps Purdue breathes easier towards the end.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT