ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue v. Indiana Game Thread

I can't decide whether the offensive game plan was horrible or if we just don't have guards that are capable of creating their own shots.

The flop against Haas and lane violation (ball don't lie missed the FT) we're pretty bad calls. However, IU is running an actual offense, moving the ball, crisp passes and hitting shots. We look like we have no business being on the court. Officials are calling fouls for us, putting IU players in foul trouble, and we can't get anything done on either side of the ball. Painter, sadly, is being out coached...UGH...again.

Painter need to clear the bench, and especially sit VE and RD. We are just terrible on offense...against IU....not known for their defense.

Reactions: BoilerFan#35
This team is so incredibly soft. At least have enough pride to put up a fight. We look like we are waiting for permission to do anything. Guessing Painter gets an extension soon.

What??, we'd be down about 30 right now without his rebounding. He and Haas are the only 2 doing anything

His refuses to guard. He has left his man to be wide open more times than I care to count. I can easily post the video if you like.

Never said he wasnt rebounding. But he isnt guarding either.

are our guards so brainwashed to feed the post every play that they have become scared to create their own shots. Are they too unathletic to create their own shots against a team like IU?

The flop against Haas and lane violation (ball don't lie missed the FT) we're pretty bad calls. However, IU is running an actual offense, moving the ball, crisp passes and hitting shots. We look like we have no business being on the court. Officials are calling fouls for us, putting IU players in foul trouble, and we can't get anything done on either side of the ball. Painter, sadly, is being out coached...UGH...again.
How can you not come to play against your biggest RIVALRY! We look so much slower than these guys.................another masterful Painter coaching job!

Reactions: boiler-deuce
There's another homer call..............AJ screwed tonight, smh
last two fouls.......BS

Gotta agree.....don't know what it's going to take to get the Boilers to play better....especially on the road.

i can't say I get disappointed anymore. My expectations changed some time ago. I don't expect Painter's teams to play with any emotion or urgency. We are what we are - a middle of the road program that is more than happy being there.

How does Valentine still have a job? He is falling for every flop in the book. That or he knows he's on primetime television and trying to be a star.

Reactions: PU pit bull
I am almost certain the only thing Matt will do for next game is bench AJ. He just has no idea how to respond to losses. At least AJ is frustrated his teammates suck.

LOVE Mathias' aggression! He came in ready to move the ball and take shots! At least one of our guards can be somewhat functional on offense tonight!

Are we going to start ragging on officials? Down a crap ton? Fouls are heavily on our favor? TO's are all on us? Can't get off a shot that looks normal?

Show some fire please!! If u are less talent than opponents, u must show more confidence than other teams. Play like opponent is harming your children, play like u will die if u lose this game

You can only push your team so much. They have to be the ones to actually put the intensity on the floor. Which we are not doing at all.

asshole Dackich runs over and over replays what he thinks the refs missed when he thinks Purdue got by with one but nothing on the muggings and b.s. iu gets by with

His refuses to guard. He has left his man to be wide open more times than I care to count. I can easily post the video if you like.

Never said he wasnt rebounding. But he isnt guarding either.
Who on our team is guarding. We need the best 5 on the floor and he is definitely one of them. If you don't know that by now I don't know what else to tell you.

Purdue is shooting 54.3% from the field, 35.7% from 3 & has attempted 5 more FTs than IU....and is down by 15pts.

-9 TOs, -2 on OREB, and poor pressure on D is killing us tonight.

Another great "effort". Surely this will drop them out of top 25 and iu will move up both in ranking but also projected seeding. And rightfully so. This team is incredibly soft, shows lack character, and doesn't consistently give the effort. Their record and effort on the road this year seems to foretell an early exit from the dance. Ah, what might have been.

We are nowhere near competitive, so this isn't a shot at the officials...however, the flopping out there is absurd. Williams goes for a dunk attempt and ends up at the hash mark.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT