ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue v. Indiana (Game Thread)

10 turnovers to 1 and Phinisee "proving Purdue should have taken him" (I'm waiting for that line of talk :p) and only down 9 isn't really too bad. We need to refocus and do our thing.

Oh, and take care of the d@mn ball.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
When Ivey and Trevion become prima donna's, the whole team goes into the dumpster. Neither guy is locked in. They are more interested in being flamboyant.
You can count this deficit on Ivey. When he shoved Galloway, Purdue hasn't done crap since. He's watched too many sport centers. And Williams hasn't helped at all. IU is playing defense as well as any Knight team.

Reactions: rjmpu82
There have been some tricky-tack fouls, but it’s being called fairly evenly. Phinny is having the game of his life and IU’s defense has our guys rattled. Their defense and our inability to score through it is the reason IU is ahead. Nothing else.

You can count this deficit on Ivey. When he shoved Galloway, Purdue hasn't done crap since. He's watched too many sport centers. And Williams hasn't helped at all. IU is playing defense as well as any Knight team.
I don't blame him. The couple of times he drove the lane he was absolutely molested without getting a call. They're holding him and grabbing him off the ball.

The shooting numbers are almost identical - 44% from the floor, 30% from 3. IU is 50% from the line and we're 20% from the line (wtfh!?), and that's 7 points of the difference. 10 turnovers is just killing us. Our guards really need to settle down and take care of the ball (easier said than done, I know). I hope it goes better in the 2nd half - I really hate for the streak to end yet.

my man.. over the years you literally jump anyone on these threads for saying ANYTHING about refs. Nobody was blaming the refs.. take a drink ...and a lap
Trust me, I’m drinking. But aren’t you the one who brought up the refs?
There have been some tricky-tack fouls, but it’s being called fairly evenly. Phinny is having the game of his life and IU’s defense has our guys rattled. Their defense and our inability to score through it is the reason IU is ahead. Nothing else.
it’s our guards inability to get by anybody that’s the major problem. Without Ivey on the floor, our guards just hunt an open 3.

Go back in slow motion. You'll realize the missed calls for us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT