ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana State at Purdue: MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

Where are you seeing that Purdue isn’t competitive with their peers in NIL?
Where did I say that?

Are OSU and Michigan our “peers”? If so weren’t competing with them nor ever will be.

Nebraska? Unlikely just due to their geographic considerations and being the only game in town.

IU, Illinois or Minny? I’d like to think we should do better than them.

Where did I say that?

Are OSU and Michigan our “peers”? If so weren’t competing with them nor ever will be.

Nebraska? Unlikely just due to their geographic considerations and being the only game in town.

IU, Illinois or Minny? I’d like to think we should do better than them.
So what are you saying here then? “relative to our peers in the conference, it’s still not THAT much.”

I read that as relative to our peers, we don’t have much NIL. Aka compared to our peers, we are behind in NIL.

Typed it into AI for fun and it reads it the same way I do.

So what are you saying here then? “relative to our peers in the conference, it’s still not THAT much.”

I read that as relative to our peers, we don’t have much NIL. Aka compared to our peers, we are behind in NIL.

Typed it into AI for fun and it reads it the same way I do.
Who do you consider our peers? I literally asked you in the response.

Was a blanket statement. We might do fine relative to Minny or I’ll but we’ll never keep up with the blue bloods. But, do you or we see those as peers?

Who do you consider our peers? I literally asked you in the response.

Was a blanket statement. We might do fine relative to Minny or I’ll but we’ll never keep up with the blue bloods. But, do you or we see those as peers?
You have ignored plenty of my questions… don’t get butt hurt because I missed one.

I see our peers as Iowa, Illinois, iu, minny, rutger, Maryland, etc.

What’s it matter if we keep up with blue bloods? Obviously you want to, but NIL doesn’t change that pecking order at all. Might actually argue it helps a school like Purdue because Purdue will actually pay the player and offer immediate playing time. Whereas before the blue blood would pay them and redshirt them or play them sparingly. Purdue didn’t pay prior to NIL.

When did Bobinski fire Brohm? Is this guy for real? For someone who says he know everything, how can he be so clueless?
Uh it’s sarcasm. Walters biggest detractors are silently waiting now. Last year they posted as if brohm got fired.

I give pboiler credit. He’s posting his takes now. If we get routed by Notre dame you’re going to see a lot of posts from people who aren’t posting as much this week.

Uh it’s sarcasm. Walters biggest detractors are silently waiting now. Last year they posted as if brohm got fired.

I give pboiler credit. He’s posting his takes now. If we get routed by Notre dame you’re going to see a lot of posts from people who aren’t posting as much this week.
And I’ll be waiting for them. Patiently.

Reactions: BCfanatic2020
Do you have inside knowledge on Purdue's NIL situation? There’s a recent quote from Walters saying Purdue is now much more competitive with NIL, but you seem to be a big naysayer of that concept.
More than last year. Purdue was waaaay behind last year. Purdue has worked hard to be a team who will keep most of their talent in years where they don’t have a ton of playing time to give.

This next year the sharks will come for our roster again. Purdue will likely net a slight loss of talent.

When you’re a team who not only keeps a dollar of talent based on who comes and who goes, but you add ten cents, now to me the expectations increase for your coach.

Last year someone on gbi said every basketball player got at least what card got

I admit I have trouble with your sarcasm. That's pretty out there, but I can see people going off that cliff. Apologies.

I admit I have trouble with your sarcasm. That's pretty out there, but I can see people going off that cliff. Apologies.
Just wait lol. No one hopes this team does better than I do.

I was at a game last year and this guy in front of me is pissing his own family off talking about how great Oconnell and jones were. Finally I said “I mean what are we supposed to do, bring them back to Purdue for another year of eligibility?” He gives me this look as if to say “how do we get the ball rolling on that? Is there a form I can fill out”

• Haha
Reactions: New Pal Boiler
I'm tired to the chatter about "It was only ISU." The passing game was impressive and it was a shutout.

Purdue is, all-time, 0-3 vs Bowling Green. I watched two of those losses in Ross-Ade Stadium. A Purdue blowout is far better than a humiliating defeat.

Reactions: BoilerN
I'm tired to the chatter about "It was only ISU." The passing game was impressive and it was a shutout.

Purdue is, all-time, 0-3 vs Bowling Green. I watched two of those losses in Ross-Ade Stadium. A Purdue blowout is far better than a humiliating defeat.
BG and ISU aren’t at the same level. Not even close.

I’d maybe rather practice vs air than ISU. They are that bad.

Yeah this is a ridiculous take. If he gets like 2 wins or 8 wins then we might know, otherwise 4-6 wins is all in the realm of average coaching plus some luck (bad to good).
You still don’t think we’ll know if he’s the guy or not by the end of the season ?

You still don’t think we’ll know if he’s the guy or not by the end of the season ?
What I said was if he gets a small or large amount of wins, then yes, that 4-6 wasn't going to tell us anything. If this is who we are, he ain't getting to 4 wins. If this is some sort of low point and he rebounds to 4-6 wins then no it will still be murky.

ND game definitely popped my bubble ! Was hoping for team to play a lot better this year. For defense to look that bad and O Line to be non existent, I don’t see how team is gonna beat anyone else this year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT