ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue picked to win Big Ten

Can’t guarantee any Purdue fan verbal attack safety during basketball games. Best to stay far away. I mean hell, them verbal attacks can be emotionally wounding!

Also, for this year’s Bucket game Cig won’t be guaranteeing the physical safety of the Purdue players. But at least the IU fans will be glad to see them and any Purdue fans that want to attend.
Will IU’s stadium finally be full of actual IU fans?

• Haha
Reactions: BBG
Can’t guarantee any Purdue fan verbal attack safety during basketball games. Best to stay far away. I mean hell, them verbal attacks can be emotionally wounding!

Also, for this year’s Bucket game Cig won’t be guaranteeing the physical safety of the Purdue players. But at least the IU fans will be glad to see them and any Purdue fans that want to attend.
We're happy you loosiers finally have something to crow about. Even if it is football in a basketball state.
But hey, we get it. LOVE the one you're with!

Verbal attacks, meaning racial slurs, mocking special needs sisters of players, and calling a mom who is in the stands a c***. I guess that is OK with you?

I just read a report that 3 players were dismissed from IU's team for "verbal abuse".

Verbal attacks, meaning racial slurs, mocking special needs sisters of players, and calling a mom who is in the stands a c***. I guess that is OK with you?

I just read a report that 3 players were dismissed from IU's team for "verbal abuse".
lol-no. College students say stupid shite at every school, Mr. Piety.

West Point.

But more to the point, there is "saying stupid stuff" and then there are the things that come from the hilljacks at assembly mall.
They probably do at West Point too, but they get in a helluva lot more trouble for doing so.

Okay.. then name a school where 18-22 year olds don’t say stupid stuff out loud.
It's a different culture at IU. Most 18-22 year olds don't, en mass, chant the kinds of things I mentioned. They don't do it at Purdue. We have even had IU fans come here and blame it on the fact that many IU students come from east coast cities. Maybe. But the fact that you guys are excusing it shows that it goes deeper than this.

They probably do at West Point too, but they get in a helluva lot more trouble for doing so.
You are supporting my point. Because they get into trouble, they don't do it. It's a different culture. At IU, the culture is "everyone does it", even when they don't.

You are supporting my point. Because they get into trouble, they don't do it. It's a different culture. At IU, the culture is "everyone does it", even when they don't.
Yeah… those “Purdue sux” cheers that everyone does at every IU game, even when not playing Purdue are really offensi…. Ahhh, never mind.

Yeah… those “Purdue sux” cheers that everyone does at every IU game, even when not playing Purdue are really offensi…. Ahhh, never mind.
Are saying that the IU sux yell is the same as mocking a special needs girl? Hmm. That is a perspective I hadn't considered.

Unless you ask the resident Illinois fan.
bRAd UNdeRWOoD tho has the most b1g wins in the last 4 years (but only 4 years, if you use any other years it’s Painter)

Mocking Spongebob Squarepants GIF

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Yea but that's also the beauty of the NCAA Tourney right? Sometimes the unthinkable happens.
Underwood's last five years at IL have been impressive, at least in the regular season. Their team is so new that I have now idea what to make of them but yes, going into the season I'd expect them to be in the hunt in conference play.

As Tom Cream once said, "It's Indiana." The brand is still there. That's why Indiana makes more money than basically every other program. Meaning the fan support is there as well. And when Indiana is good, Mackey can't touch Assembly Hall. Really nowhere else can outside of Phog Allen. Throw in the fact you get all that plus money... It's a pretty good deal. NIL should help Indiana get back to where it belongs. Haven't been in the top 10 nationally much the last decade outside of maybe a couple times but that's where they belong. And it'll be better for the B1G if/when they get back there. Is that this year? I don't know. Maybe, maybe not.
IU has a decent brand, but it is no where near what was 30 years ago. The big NIL donors are still there, however, and that is their biggest advantage.

Purdue’s brand has steadily been on the rise in the past decade and now is probably as strong as it’s ever been. The changing landscape of college basketball presents challenges to Painter’s more old school approach, but I love where the program sits right now.

IU has a decent brand, but it is no where near what was 30 years ago. The big NIL donors are still there, however, and that is their biggest advantage.

Purdue’s brand has steadily been on the rise in the past decade and now is probably as strong as it’s ever been. The changing landscape of college basketball presents challenges to Painter’s more old school approach, but I love where the program sits right now.
We are starting to see the “brand” doesn’t have that much pull, even if NIL donors can bring $$$ to the table. Rumor is IU had the highest offer to Reibe, but he still went to UConn. Rumors of exact same thing goin to happen with Mullins.

We are starting to see the “brand” doesn’t have that much pull, even if NIL donors can bring $$$ to the table. Rumor is IU had the highest offer to Reibe, but he still went to UConn. Rumors of exact same thing goin to happen with Mullins.
UConn is a massive brand too, especially coming off back to back national championships. UConn is on the top of the world at the moment. I'm not going to blame any kid for going there. They've got something working right.

UConn is a massive brand too, especially coming off back to back national championships. UConn is on the top of the world at the moment. I'm not going to blame any kid for going there. They've got something working right.
Yup. They have the coach, the development, the culture, and the recent winning of 5 nattys in the past 25 years. They have replaced IU in the blue blood discussion and kids have taken notice. Woody has been a damn good recruiter for UConn.

There's no 'too' there, IMO. IU has a good national brand but it's nowhere near UConn, Kansas, UNC, and Duke at this point.

Painter and Purdue have a great reputation at this point with people who 'know', but are still a tier below IU, MSU, UCLA, etc. in terms of overall 'brand'.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT