ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue offers 2025 Ohio guard Antione West Jr.

One scenario is that most coaches felt they didn't need more than 13. Another scenario is that all coaches had heard the change was being considered, but most weren't going to risk oversigning in case the change was not accepted.

Painter said from the beginning that he had a plan. I don't have any reason to think he was being dishonest. This was a possible change that I and others suggested early on. And in the end, it appears to be the solution to the problem.
Do we know for sure when the basketball scholarship expansion officially takes place? I can't find anything that says this fall or even next fall.

what are you arguing again? Are you saying that Painter does not have a plan at all? Or is it that it’s a bad plan? Also, at what point will we know you’re right?
It's not that hard to follow bud. But if you need it repeated, sure.

A handful of teams had an oversign situation, like most seasons. I have no doubt each coach had a plan to address it, like most seasons. Then this became viable which made it unnecessary to have a plan.

What I find unlikely, Painter and a dozen other coaches knew this would happen a year ago and were so confident it would that they just planned like it was definitely going to happen even though it's a court negotiation that's been ongoing til just now.

Meanwhile none of the other coaches knew, and or were super cautious unlike these 14 that were super confident.

It's not that hard to follow bud. But if you need it repeated, sure.

A handful of teams had an oversign situation, like most seasons. I have no doubt each coach had a plan to address it, like most seasons. Then this became viable which made it unnecessary to have a plan.

What I find unlikely, Painter and a dozen other coaches knew this would happen a year ago and were so confident it would that they just planned like it was definitely going to happen even though it's a court negotiation that's been ongoing til just now.

Meanwhile none of the other coaches knew, and or were super cautious unlike these 14 that were super confident.
What if other coaches don’t want to do the same strategy tho?

Yeah he said he had a plan, doesn't mean it was this.

I find unlikely that everyone else was cautious because it might not happen but Painter lept almost a year prior.
Do you also find it unlikely that many coaches don't see the need for >13 players next year?

If not, I'm out of ideas. Either some knew and many others didn't, or others knew but were cautious, or others knew and passed on adding more players. I'm ignorant about what Painter and other coaches knew or didn't know. But one thing Painter made clear was that all 14 scholarship players were going to be on the roster next year. Based on what he said, the 14 players were part of his plan.

In any case, the rule change, if it happens, solved the oversigning problem. On this topic, Painter is either very smart or lucky.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
What if other coaches don’t want to do the same strategy tho?
Do you also find it unlikely that many coaches don't see the need for >13 players next year? If not, I'm out of ideas. Either some knew and many others didn't, or others knew but were cautious, or others knew and passed on adding more players. I'm ignorant about what Painter and other coaches knew or didn't know. But one thing Painter made clear was that all 14 scholarship players were going to be on the roster next year. Based on what he said, the 14 players were part of his plan. In any case, the rule change, if it happens, solved the oversigning problem. On this topic, Painter is either very smart or lucky.
Do you also find it unlikely that many coaches don't see the need for >13 players next year? If not, I'm out of ideas. Either some knew and many others didn't, or others knew but were cautious, or others knew and passed on adding more players. I'm ignorant about what Painter and other coaches knew or didn't know. But one thing Painter made clear was that all 14 scholarship players were going to be on the roster next year. Based on what he said, the 14 players were part of his plan. In any case, the rule change, if it happens, solved the oversigning problem. On this topic, Painter is either very smart or lucky.
Do you also find it unlikely that many coaches don't see the need for >13 players next year?

If not, I'm out of ideas. Either some knew and many others didn't, or others knew but were cautious, or others knew and passed on adding more players. I'm ignorant about what Painter and other coaches knew or didn't know. But one thing Painter made clear was that all 14 scholarship players were going to be on the roster next year. Based on what he said, the 14 players were part of his plan.

In any case, the rule change, if it happens, solved the oversigning problem. On this topic, Painter is either very smart or lucky.
Some coaches? Sure. All but 14? No.

Again, he can be both. He can have had a plan before, just like the others did, and he can be fortunate that this, possibly, is coming to pass. And we don't even know for sure if it will be in place by the start of this season, so I am pretty sure Painter has a backup plan (aka his original plan).

Yes?

Some coaches? Sure. All but 14? No.

Again, he can be both. He can have had a plan before, just like the others did, and he can be fortunate that this, possibly, is coming to pass. And we don't even know for sure if it will be in place by the start of this season, so I am pretty sure Painter has a backup plan (aka his original plan).

Yes?
Do you just need to hear us say you’re right? If so. You’re right.

• Haha
Reactions: Do Dah Day
You keep saying “I find it hard to believe only a few coaches knew about it/took advantage”. Not sure why it’s such a big deal. We will find out soon enough.
Yes. Do you not see there's a difference between 14/300+ being very small and every single coach doing it?

I didn't say it was "a big deal." I said I would have expected more coaches to take advantage and since none of us are tracking offers, only oversigns, they may be doing so.

Do you just need to hear us say you’re right? If so. You’re right

I don't need you to say anything. I was responding to a direct question. I have an opinion. Some of you don't appear to agree with that opinion so you propose different opinions. Apparently, I shouldn't respond to questions about my opinion though because then it means I need you to say I'm right? (But not when you disagree, of course).

Cool.

Or, and maybe this is crazy talk, we all are discussing something we disagree on, on a sports message board. And there's ya know back and forth?

Nah, that can't be it. I clearly should have just not responded to literal direct questions so folks won't think "I need to be right." Got it.

So here's what you do. Hit the ignore button. It's easy. Don't like my posting, you can literally erase them. Or if you don't want additional back and forth, then don't initiate additional back and forth, and then complain about it after.

I don't need you to say anything. I was responding to a direct question. I have an opinion. Some of you don't appear to agree with that opinion so you propose different opinions. Apparently, I shouldn't respond to questions about my opinion though because then it means I need you to say I'm right? (But not when you disagree, of course).

Cool.

Or, and maybe this is crazy talk, we all are discussing something we disagree on, on a sports message board. And there's ya know back and forth?

Nah, that can't be it. I clearly should have just not responded to literal direct questions so folks won't think "I need to be right." Got it.

So here's what you do. Hit the ignore button. It's easy. Don't like my posting, you can literally erase them. Or if you don't want additional back and forth, then don't initiate additional back and forth, and then complain about it after.
Haha just giving you a hard time. it’s all good my friend

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT