ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue offers 2025 four-star guard Braylon Mullins

DubJellison

Staff Writer
Staff
Oct 26, 2022
Matt Painter and Purdue extend offer to rising 2025 four-star guard Braylon Mullins.

The Greenfield-Central product is averaging 18.3 points and shooting 44% from three on the 3SSB circuit.

Reactions: Heads up BOILER
Matt Painter and Purdue extend offer to rising 2025 four-star guard Braylon Mullins.

The Greenfield-Central product is averaging 18.3 points and shooting 44% from three on the 3SSB circuit.

So we now have three offers out for the currently negative one spots we have?

So we expecting four players to leave next year?
I’d assume no. But it may be that the scholarship limit isn’t really a big deal now with NIL? I really have no idea. I would be shocked if we get 2 of these 4.

Haralson is going out of state to Duke probably…but I’d say we’d have the upper hand due to Coach Johnson growing up with his dad, being best friends and knowing Jalen since he was born.

Mullins SHOULD be going to
IU if they don’t royally mess that up cuz the kid is a huge fan and so is family. However, if I were his family I’d look at IU not developing any guards and just recruiting over them (Cupps, Newton, Leal and Galloway).

Sisley should go to IU too but heard we are in the lead and he has said he wants to go somewhere that wins and plays for championships so not sure that’s IU

and with Walker….not sure where he is leaning.

Just my two cents and not any better than anyone’s opinion.

Furst is graduating to account for the negative one. I assume that whatever Purdue is doing this coming season to free up a scholarship applies to the next season as well, making 1 scholarship available.

Reactions: jtanoos1
Furst is graduating to account for the negative one. I assume that whatever Purdue is doing this coming season to free up a scholarship applies to the next season as well, making 1 scholarship available.
Furst is the negative one which is why we need someone else just to make room for next season.

Nope, we have more than three offers out that we are theoretically still in contention for; Sisley, Walker, Mullins, and Haralson. I believe this signals at least 1 maybe two of these are going or leaning strong elsewhere. I think we are too late in the Mullins lottery though! I wonder why Painter waited soo long to offer unless affected by other news / information? He appears to be a big lean toward IU. I think Haralson is likely not coming to Purdue, even with the Johnson ties. I think Walker has had Purdue in his top 1-2 teams all along. I am unsure about Sisley, big hx of family supporting IU but some comments he’s made make me unsure he’s choosing to commit to them. I think Walker commits and maybe 1 (Sisley most likely) of the other 3. I’d like Mullins but think he’s the least likely. Just my opinions.

That takes care of 2024 but this post was about 2025. We really weren’t -1 for 2025 though.

Is there any athleticism in this kid, or is he just a jump shooter.

But we won’t be -1 by the time school starts. Which takes it to 1 in 2025.
We are at 14 now, need to get to 13 so we are technically -1 right now. If Furst didn’t graduate next year, we’d be at 14 and still at -1. Since he does graduate, we are at 13 or 0 for 2025.

However, I’m not sure it even matters now.

Nope, we have more than three offers out that we are theoretically still in contention for; Sisley, Walker, Mullins, and Haralson. I believe this signals at least 1 maybe two of these are going or leaning strong elsewhere. I think we are too late in the Mullins lottery though! I wonder why Painter waited soo long to offer unless affected by other news / information? He appears to be a big lean toward IU. I think Haralson is likely not coming to Purdue, even with the Johnson ties. I think Walker has had Purdue in his top 1-2 teams all along. I am unsure about Sisley, big hx of family supporting IU but some comments he’s made make me unsure he’s choosing to commit to them. I think Walker commits and maybe 1 (Sisley most likely) of the other 3. I’d like Mullins but think he’s the least likely. Just my opinions.
I hate to even THINK this, but it's the situation college basketball is currently in; if you know you are a players "dream school' do you purposely low-ball them on NIL and hype "This is where you always wanted to play!" to save $$$ for other recruits?

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Agreed. I think with Mullins, we were already crowded in the backcourt and at the time he wasn’t moving needles too much but he has really started to develop and turn heads big time. Good luck to him and it’d be great if we got him, but we seem to be log jammed at every position. I know he’s a heavy IU lean, but if he doesn’t perform, he will get recruited over instantly. Don’t think painter would do that. Bur the kid needs to do what’s best for him.

Purdue issued yet another offer to Sebastian Williams-Adams, a 2025 forward today. That’s 2 in the past couple days. Do we read into that as where we stand with previous offers extended? Are the chances of landing Sisley shrinking? Mullins will be a tough get due to the strength of other teams that have offered him. I wonder what the status is for Sisley currently?

Purdue issued yet another offer to Sebastian Williams-Adams, a 2025 forward today. That’s 2 in the past couple days. Do we read into that as where we stand with previous offers extended? Are the chances of landing Sisley shrinking? Mullins will be a tough get due to the strength of other teams that have offered him. I wonder what the status is for Sisley currently?
was thinking the same a bit, I think Painted just wants some backup plans. I like our chances w/ Sisley not so much w/ Mullins

Always has been the case in the past. Alot of great players out there.....I am sure CMP will find a couple that fit here well He always does.

Last edited:
Saw on the front page article they also recently offered Nikolas Khamena (sp?). I must of missed that one.

If you watched any of Team USA with Jacobson, you would have likely noticed him. High energy/IQ stretch 4 that was always making plays. Just a winning player that seems cut from the Sisley mold. I hope we get Sisley, but I love that a wider net is starting to be cast for that '25 scholarship.

I think you are looking at the new normal. When you now offer a kid, it isn't just a matter of keeping him committed through contact and relationships, it's $$$. And I highly suspect there are a fair number of coaches out there that simply wait for another coach with a reputation for identifying talent to swoop in with the Brinks truck after an offer has been made. To protect yourself against it, a coach may need to offer 4 for 1 knowing a certain percentage will be bought off.

Sisley comes from an iu family and area. However, they weren't very happy with how iu recruited him last winter. Maybe that's changed. I'm sure painter has told him he was offering others. It's just recruiting.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Sisley comes from an iu family and area. However, they weren't very happy with how iu recruited him last winter. Maybe that's changed. I'm sure painter has told him he was offering others. It's just recruiting.
Sisley and Mullins will need to figure out if they’re ok with being recruited over because IU will do it in a heartbeat just to make the tourney and then get dog walked.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT