ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue/Northwestern

Missing Caitlyn pretty bad. Not really looking into the post. Alaina does have 2 on a put back. But Mila came in and shot an airball and got called for a moving screen.

Threes not falling.....but they have started taking it to hole the last two possessions. 22-20 Purdue 7:30 in the second.

Halftime 39-35 NW. NW turnovers helping keep Purdue in it. Really physical and Purdue not getting the calls. They slammed Jones to the court and no call. They tackle Abbey in the paint and no call....but in the scrum for the ball they call a foul on Abbey. Lol.

Last edited:
Thanks Russ, camping in Bama with the gf so not really easy to follow the game down here with no laptop. Trying to be as unplugged as possible... lol

Reactions: Russ Ford
47-37 NW 4:55 in the 3rd. Walsh and Daley killing us. Walsh is just pushing everyone around. The refs are definitely not on our side. Lol. Jeanae has made several horrible turnovers here in the 3rd.

Reactions: Gesysp
55-52 NW heading to the 4th. Game is there for the taking. NW playing well but we can win this. No silly turnovers and knock down a few shots is all it takes.

I’m watching, wow, it’s not easy, going from the men’s thrilling win yesterday to this is brutal. Spider is having a nice game, that’s good to see, I truly believe next year will be better after some players move on, hopefully, speed and athleticism is added.

Reactions: Gesysp
74-68 30 seconds left. Purdue getting a little nervous here. A couple of silly plays

It's over! 78-72 Purdue wins!! On to tomorrow.....Ellis and Jones deserve game balls!
Agree ! Was able to catch the 2nd half and couldn’t believe the turnaround from being down 10 points. First time this season they have won after being down at half, per Tim Newton on the radio.

Jones & Ellis were “dawgs” down the stretch - happy for them, especially Abbey whose parents were in attendance. She showed out tonight!

Negatives -

Some of Terry's passes. Yikes.

Post defense took a hit with C.harper out. Nebraska's Markowski might have a big day against us tomorrow.

Positives -

RASHUNDA SPIDER JONES - had a few and-1's that were crucial in the comeback. We need a few players on the team who get excited about making big plays, it can be infectious and Jones brings that(Ellis 2.0 in that aspect).

Abbey Ellis - it's too bad her parents couldn't of been at every game this season because she's balled out with them in attendance these last few games. 25 points, sealed it from the FT line. 10 rebounds for the 5'6 guard. Awesome perfomance.

4th quarter Terry - I think she got taken out sometime in the 4th or late 3rd? When she came back in, she was much better. 16 boards.

Final thoughts -

Biggest comeback of the year I believe(12 points). On to tomorrow.

Just to add....Jeanae Terry did have some really bad turnovers....but she also had 16 rebounds! No way they win this game without her.
She had 5 turnovers, some awful, 2-6 from the floor, she’s a damn good rebounder, she has a knack for knowing where the ball will bounce off the rim, she would be much better suited at the 3 if she could shoot just a little, I know I get on her, I don’t like her as a PG very much, her careless passes and dribbling for long periods of time drive me nuts.

Rashunda became an upperclassman last night. What a game! Can't we find a rule somewhere that let's Australians play one more year?? I love Abbey Ellis!!!

Rashunda became an upperclassman last night. What a game! Can't we find a rule somewhere that let's Australians play one more year?? I love Abbey Ellis!!!
Don't get too excited, Jones has had big games before and then disappeared for several more games. I would love last night to be her new normal, but I'm guessing today she slams back to earth against a good team and we get curb stomped.

• Haha
Reactions: Russ Ford
Don't get too excited, Jones has had big games before and then disappeared for several more games. I would love last night to be her new normal, but I'm guessing today she slams back to earth against a good team and we get curb stomped.
Well I was half right, Jones crashed and burned, but we kept it closer than I thought we would.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT