ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue has said that Ross Ade will be at full capacity this season. However, what happens...

We will probably never know. Started in China for sure, the wet market thing is probably wrong, could have been lab created by accident, on purpose or natural. Anyone that claims to know is either lying or ignorant. They have theories, but there is no solid evidence one way or another.

Go ahead and be like “see, there was an owl, and I think something flew by it” lol

Why are so many joking about something so serious. Why is science now political. Purdue is a school of science, yet so many of the people that go their (not in the science department) refuse to believe science.

its one shot and a booster, its how the mRNA vaccines were designed. In the future you might need to get another booster, but not right now.

And amazing stat that the anti vaxxers chose to ignore, since the shot was available 99.2% of those coming down with Covid were NOT vaccinated. 99.8% of the deaths from COVID in the same time period were not vaccinated. So why you believe fake science that says the vaccine is bad when it has really helped stop the pandemic I dont understand.

But here is another stat the pro vaccinated dont mention. We are now at about 200 deaths a day from Covid in the US, about the same number of deaths as the flu in a normal year. That is with about 55% vaccinated. So the vaccines are working, and while covid has many more side effects than the flu, as far as death total, they are now currently about equal, so stop making people afraid to go out.
It’s a non election year. Covid really doesnt exist until 2024

Reactions: nxandy and Level 42
Because to get rid of Covid you need almost everyone vaccinated. Its not about me, its about the WORLD.

How did we get rid of small pox? Polio? A host of other infectious diseases?

So since we are all on this planet together, we have to worry about you and all of the ignorant decisions you make. Hey why should I worry about you drinking and driving? Its your decision right? Its because you could end up killing others when you hit them. Same with Covid, its not about you, its about getting rid of Covid.

And i do understand this will go in one ear and out the other because you like so many others refuse to understand that the world is bigger than them. But it is.
Has nothing to do with us not seeing the bigger picture. In fact I would imagine we see it better than those that think they need to wear 45 masks, get some rushed vaccine that is quite literally killing people all for a man made flu from China.

And I had COVID and got through it just fine in a few days just like any other flu. No jab required. This also is nothing like those infectious diseases you mention as well, those weren't made political points like this has been. The mental gymnastics you go through to compare it to drinking and driving is nothing short of hilarious. I mean people not getting the shot isn't about you, it's about their personal choice which you have no right to force just because it makes you feel better. Your feelings are not nearly as important as you think they are.

Reactions: NVBoilerFan
No, it will. How long is the question.
It will last as long as those in power keep that power. That will only be as long as the people give them that power. that's why I posted the cynical follow up. Reading through the various threads over the past 15 months shows there's not a lot of reason for being optimistic that the masses will understand that.

Reactions: Level 42
Whats amazing to me is that people still follow what fauci says when he has been exposed as being full of shit. You also like to point how this is "political" when the entire COVID thing has been nothing but political from people like Pelosi. to the point of using it against a sitting president to get him removed. And as we're finding out now, that president was right more times than not and many lives could of been saved had it not been made political from the get go.

I know this isn't the forum for this, so will do my part as best I can to not carry on with this, but fauci is a freakin fraud.

Fauci is clown. If he was not employed by the federal government, he would have lost his job after his disastrous handling of the early years of the HIV/AIDS epidemic. Somehow instead of loosing his job, he is the highest paid employee of the federal government. Our tax dollars at work, folks . . . That being said, people who want to down play Delta might want to look at the data from other countries. The UK and Israel which have substantially higher vaccination rates are seeing rapid spread of Delta and reimposing Covid protocols to try and slow its spread, and despite the message in the US that the Western vaccines are highly effective against Delta, the UK has reported a number of deaths related to Delta in individuals who are fully vaccinated including individuals who are not in high risk categories. I am not saying that we need to lock down or reimpose strict protocols. I am not saying Delta is going to be an issue. However, I do find it funny that the same public health establishment that spent weeks downplaying the UK variant while it was exploding in Europe last fall only to change their tune once it had already taken hold in the US leading to an explosion of cases at the end of 2020 into early 2021 are reading from the same script here with a variant that is materially more infectious than UK variant. The CDC did not classify Delta as a variant of concern until weeks after other Western countries did so, now says it is only a risk to unvaccinated populations even though the data from the UK and Israel provides strong empirical evidence that the lab data showing only a slight drop in efficacy for the Western vaccines is probably overly optimistic and is not recommending proactive measures beyond pushing vaccines at the same time the data shows Delta is growing exponentially in the limited number of samples the US actually sequences. I feel like I have seen this movie before.

Has nothing to do with us not seeing the bigger picture. In fact I would imagine we see it better than those that think they need to wear 45 masks, get some rushed vaccine that is quite literally killing people all for a man made flu from China.

And I had COVID and got through it just fine in a few days just like any other flu. No jab required. This also is nothing like those infectious diseases you mention as well, those weren't made political points like this has been. The mental gymnastics you go through to compare it to drinking and driving is nothing short of hilarious. I mean people not getting the shot isn't about you, it's about their personal choice which you have no right to force just because it makes you feel better. Your feelings are not nearly as important as you think they are.

Actually, the Hannity and Tucker view of conservatism that you and many others have adopted and rely on as your defense to why you should not have to get vaccinated if you do not want to because this is America and the Constitution says so is completely inconsistent with the underlying principals of Western conservatism. Locke, Rousseau, Blackstone, etc. whose works serve as the basis for English common law (which, SURPRISE, is the basis for the US legal system--I know, the Napoleonic Code is so superior just ask Louisiana) all conceptualized a relationship between the state and its citizens in which the citizens give up certain rights that they would have been able to exercise in the absence of government in exchange for the government providing protection against what I will shorthand as collective action problems (e.g. enforcing property rights, raising a military, public works projects, etc.). Our founding father's were obviously versed in this tradition, because the formulation of the constitution provides that the government derives its powers by the consent of the governed (i.e the government is not the sovereign the people are and its rights are limited to those granted to it by the people--that's the whole enumerated rights concept in Article 1 you may have heard about (yes, yes, to save you the time the whole 10th amendment argument Pete Hegseth and others have spoon fed you is entirely inconsistent with the contemporaneous writings of the founders, the structure of the constitution, the view of literally every conservative constitutional scholar, and every Supreme Court decision related to the 10th amendment going back to immediately after the founding (other than a weird line of commerce clause related cases that are irrelevant here)). Much like the fact that you as an individual cannot defeat an invading army, which is clearly a situation the founders would view as a collective action problem (See Article I, Section 8, Clause 12), individuals cannot stop a pandemic (See generally the meaning of the prefix "pan"). Ergo, your argument that individuals urging collective action are self-important and trampling on your rights is not consistent with what the founders would have contemplated. Yes, the founders did not believe the federal government had such power, but see generally their understanding of the police power (it is a legal term of art and means health, safety and welfare not literally the establishment of police--trying to help the TLDR crowd who don't know how to use Google) and the reasoned decision to reserve such power to the states.

• Haha
Reactions: IUhaterade
You think we are going to get rid of covid…

Its possible. We got rid of measles in the US but it snuck back in because of the anti vaxxers. Small Pox was far worse and has been eraticated.

If we could all work for a greater good, it is possible to get rid of Covid. My fear is ofcourse 2 fold. One the WHO, who is very flawed, needs to coordinate a global effort...they have in the past, like for small pox, but that was years ago...and the other is selfish people who dont care about anyone but themselves thus use every false excuse not to get vaccinated.

It’s a non election year. Covid really doesnt exist until 2024

If you watched news without the extreme right twist, you would notice it still very much exists even though the death rate right now is about 200 a day in the US or the same as the Flu in a normal year.

But the bigger issue is other countries cant get the vaccine out like the US did so they are being crushed by Covid plus the Delta stain might cause an uptick in cases and deaths.

Its possible. We got rid of measles in the US but it snuck back in because of the anti vaxxers. Small Pox was far worse and has been eraticated.

If we could all work for a greater good, it is possible to get rid of Covid. My fear is ofcourse 2 fold. One the WHO, who is very flawed, needs to coordinate a global effort...they have in the past, like for small pox, but that was years ago...and the other is selfish people who dont care about anyone but themselves thus use every false excuse not to get vaccinated.

How similar are the viral properties between Measles and covid19?

How infectious?
How do they spread?
How lethal?
How quickly do they mutate?

Stopped reading right here because you're a hypocrite and I knew the rest is just narrative BS. The MSM by default has an extreme left twist so anything you had to say after this point is null and void.

I dont watch MSM, and I agree they have an extreme left twist. I am going to guess you think Trump won despite mountains of evidence other wise and think Trump will be back in August?

How similar are the viral properties between Measles and covid19?

How infectious?
How do they spread?
How lethal?
How quickly do they mutate?

Measles have a much higher R) factor than Covid, so it spreads much quicker.

Measles is actually decently deadly, measles spread like any other virus, through airborne droplets.

About .2% will die from measles, and typically the issue is the very young or when adults catch it.

The measles doesnt mutate from my understanding, thus why the one vaccine worked.

But in 1995, one doctor started working on the mRNA vaccines which are very effective against mutations. This is not new science like so many are claiming, they have been working on it for over 25 years. There is allot of excitement in the medical community over mRNA vaccines for the Flu and for even Cancer.

I know you are trying to catch me in some weird you enjoy watching the world die or believe that its all made up numbers, but the US rolled out the vaccines very quick, vaccinated very quick, and we should be proud of this. Both Trump and Biden played a big role in this, but Trump fans refuse to claim victory because we politicized this virus for some reason. Trump himself got vaccinated in January, almost died when he got Covid and he himself secured the purchase of all the vaccines because he knows they work, he read the science, but then says different things because his followers eat it up like brainwashed sheep.

Look I am not a fan of Biden either, just saying Covid is real, not every country in the world is lying, Trump was a big supporter of Israel, they have done the best at vaccinating their small population. Look at their numbers and how little Covid lives in Israel now.

Just saying, it is possible, but it will take a huge global effort to get rid of Covid.

This post right here is exactly what I hate about modern society.

I agree, i hate in todays society you can say that Trump won, get you butt sued, back off, but dont put the apology as a headline so no one knows almost all right twist news organizations have admitted that there is zero evidence that Trump won.

Its disgusting.

Measles is actually decently deadly, measles spread like any other virus, through airborne droplets.

About .2% will die from measles, and typically the issue is the very young or when adults catch it.

The measles doesnt mutate from my understanding, thus why the one vaccine worked.

But in 1995, one doctor started working on the mRNA vaccines which are very effective against mutations. This is not new science like so many are claiming, they have been working on it for over 25 years. There is allot of excitement in the medical community over mRNA vaccines for the Flu and for even Cancer.

I know you are trying to catch me in some weird you enjoy watching the world die or believe that its all made up numbers, but the US rolled out the vaccines very quick, vaccinated very quick, and we should be proud of this. Both Trump and Biden played a big role in this, but Trump fans refuse to claim victory because we politicized this virus for some reason. Trump himself got vaccinated in January, almost died when he got Covid and he himself secured the purchase of all the vaccines because he knows they work, he read the science, but then says different things because his followers eat it up like brainwashed sheep.

Look I am not a fan of Biden either, just saying Covid is real, not every country in the world is lying, Trump was a big supporter of Israel, they have done the best at vaccinating their small population. Look at their numbers and how little Covid lives in Israel now.

Just saying, it is possible, but it will take a huge global effort to get rid of Covid.

Holy crap…

Reactions: Level 42
I dont watch MSM, and I agree they have an extreme left twist. I am going to guess you think Trump won despite mountains of evidence other wise and think Trump will be back in August?
I am going to guess you think like AOC and money can just be printed and the ongoing violence is just made up hysteria?

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
I agree, i hate in todays society you can say that Trump won, get you butt sued, back off, but dont put the apology as a headline so no one knows almost all right twist news organizations have admitted that there is zero evidence that Trump won.

Its disgusting.
If there is no evidence, then why was there an audit in AZ that you leftists sent 100s of lawyers to in order to try and stop? For the record, it doesn't matter at this point what is found other than to use whatever is found to secure our elections going forward.

Your twisting of facts and parroting the progressive narrative is what is disgusting however.

Last edited:
I am going to guess you think like AOC and money can just be printed and the ongoing violence is just made up hysteria?

Not at all, not an AOC fan, very concerned about how both Trump AND Biden have just given away money. Last president to have a good fiscal policy was Clinton who actually had a balanced budget.

There is some ability to print money, but we have way blown past that. I actually think we need to tax the wealthy more, but not because I agree with AOC, the revenue has to come from somewhere, plus we need to make some cuts like military spending is more than the next 10 countries combined, we can no longer afford to be the world's police.

I am more Libertarian than anything, but even they have some crazy ideas. I dont fit into a party, I think Trump is crazy, but also think progressives like AOC or Bernie are crazy also.

• Haha
Reactions: sixpackpete
If there is no evidence, then why was there an audit in AZ that you leftists sent 100s of lawyers to in order to try and stop it? For the record, it doesn't matter at this point what is found other than to use whatever is found to secure our elections going forward.

Your twisting of facts and parroting the progressive narrative is what is disgusting however.

Because after counting the votes, and the 2 recounts all certified by GOPs here in Maricopa county, the state GOP decided to hold a fake counting by a company that has never counted votes before and supported the notion Trump won.

Its all fake and crap and giant waste of money that wont prove anything and even if they overturn Maricopa county for Trump, he still wont have enough votes to turn the electoral college for Trump.

Its all about Trump supporters trying to sell the false narrative to Trump supporters. So they will use what THEY find in Maricopa county as evidence they were right, even though this count going on has no security to it. They cant even show evidence they properly secured the ballots or the voting machines.

Its embarrassing to me living here in Maricopa county this is even going on. Imagine how you would feel if a group of unqualified democrats decided to recount the votes in lets say Harris county with no basis. You would be outraged. I am not a democrat, but the fact this is going on is a huge risk to democracy as we know it. You have been fed a bunch of lies, continue to eat those lies up, and have no clue.

Most of the GOP know that Trump lost but are afraid to say anything because the few that did like Pence are being crucified by the Trump followers and have death threats against them. Its really sad.

Even Geaorge W has come out against Trump. All past presidents have.

Even Geaorge W has come out against Trump. All past presidents have.
That isn't saying much. So if the audit comes back and and finds enough votes to flip the state, thus proving the fraud thing true again, are you going to come back and own up?

There is enough video proof out there showing shenanigans went on. That is what I have problem with because it taints the election no matter who wins. Imagine the outcry if the roles were reversed. Wait, we don't have to wonder, just look at the crying that went on and saying it was 'stolen' when Hillary lost which still goes on to this day. It was her turn!

You got some things right here, so I hate to jump on you for this one thing, but just to clarify.. Trump has absolutely been advocating for the vaccines for months and is on record calling them safe. People have minds of their own.

You got some things right here, so I hate to jump on you for this one thing, but just to clarify.. Trump has absolutely been advocating for the vaccines for months and is on record calling them safe.
His family has gotten the jab even.

That isn't saying much. So if the audit comes back and and finds enough votes to flip the state, thus proving the fraud thing true again, are you going to come back and own up?

There is enough video proof out there showing shenanigans went on. That is what I have problem with because it taints the election no matter who wins. Imagine the outcry if the roles were reversed. Wait, we don't have to wonder, just look at the crying that went on and saying it was 'stolen' when Hillary lost which still goes on to this day. It was her turn!

No, why would i own up to anything? The entire 4th vote counting is a farce being held by a company that isnt qualified to count the vote and doesnt have proper oversight or authority.

Every election has some fraud, but not enough to overturn the election. There is plenty of evidence that people fraudulently voted for Trump. They have caught several Trump voters filling in ballots for dead relatives. Doesnt mean its enough to overturn.

Trumps own head of internet security came out and said this was the safest election ever. This is a person Trump put in place.

Why would i care about an unqalified and extremely biased recount?

The GOP already counted and CERTIFIED the Maricopa county election 3 times....now we want to trust an unqualified and biased company? In fact, the recount doesnt meet the criteria to be called an audit. Its a clown show for those that follow Trump.

Spoiler alert, it will come back in favor of Trump, That is what Trump paid Cyber Ninja to do, figure out a way to make the "audit" come back in his favor.

You got some things right here, so I hate to jump on you for this one thing, but just to clarify.. Trump has absolutely been advocating for the vaccines for months and is on record calling them safe. People have minds of their own.

Thank you, I did not know that. Trump did some things well. I think the wall was stupid, but his fight with China was far more productive than any progressive wants to admit, I like how he raised the standard deductions, we should simplify our taxes, but he gave out to many tax breaks to the wealthy.

As far as Covid, he did buy the vacciness and anyone that says he was responsible for 500k deaths is stupid because its not like anyone could have prevented most of the deaths. I didnt like allot of his responses, but he wasnt without doing some things right.

He did some great things for Israel, but wont go into that, not because i dont agree, but Israel is far from perfect but taking a huge international hit for things they mostly arent doing.

He tended to speak out of both sides of his a$$ to placate to his followers. But politics are so split right now, Dems cant admit when a GOP does good and GOP cant admit when a Dem does good.

"anti vaxxers"

As long as people use cult-like language, it will be considered cult-like.

Reactions: BBG
Dems cant admit when a GOP does good and GOP cant admit when a Dem does good.
not sure about that. there were a number of Dems who ended up supporting Trump pretty heavily. But, overall, you're right... the tone was inexcusable.

Right now, there's not much good going on to extend credit/kudos. The border is a mess, gas prices are through the roof (demand is barely back to 2019 levels, when prices were about 2/3 of what they are now), inflation is heating up to Carter-era levels, our massive debt continues to spiral out of control, race relations are horrible and getting worse, the only thing we're missing is a massive stock market correction (better brace yourself for that). Prepare yourself for the reintroduction of the misery index.

Politics is caustic, but it's always been like that. Read some of the sh*t that was distributed back in the early days after the states came together to form the union. Some of it was vile.

Reactions: BBG
And there is the issue, way to linear way of thinking. Death or no death are the only issues with Covid. Never mind 20 times people with PERMANENT heart and lung damage. Never mind the real purpose of vaccinating is not to prevent in the person spread but stop the spreading of the virus.

Your kid could never have any signs of covid but spread it to 20+ people. This country was founded on very selfish principles, there is no greater good here, thus I am not shocked almost 50% of the country is being very selfish, only looking at themselves, refusing to recognize the real purpose about vaccinating is much bigger than them or their kid.

Long term effects longhaulers is just now beginning to come to the surface. The fact we are 55% vaccinated and our numbers are so down is irrefutable. The fact India, Brazil and other countries are less than 3% vaccinated and Covid is killing hundreds and thousands and effecting millions, many who will live but have horrible long term effects.

The great thing in this country we are allowed to be selfish, but doesnt make it moral, just legal.
Why do you get to decide what is moral? What is legal?

No, why would i own up to anything? The entire 4th vote counting is a farce being held by a company that isnt qualified to count the vote and doesnt have proper oversight or authority.

Every election has some fraud, but not enough to overturn the election. There is plenty of evidence that people fraudulently voted for Trump. They have caught several Trump voters filling in ballots for dead relatives. Doesnt mean its enough to overturn.

Trumps own head of internet security came out and said this was the safest election ever. This is a person Trump put in place.

Why would i care about an unqalified and extremely biased recount?

The GOP already counted and CERTIFIED the Maricopa county election 3 times....now we want to trust an unqualified and biased company? In fact, the recount doesnt meet the criteria to be called an audit. Its a clown show for those that follow Trump.

Spoiler alert, it will come back in favor of Trump, That is what Trump paid Cyber Ninja to do, figure out a way to make the "audit" come back in his favor.
So wait, you said earlier that there was no evidence of fraud but now you're saying it happens all the time? Stick with an argument. And The people doing the audit are just as qualified, if not more so, than those that counted in the first place.
The last bit about Trump paying someone to change an audit is so mired in absurdity that all I can do is laugh. According to you leftists, this was the most secure election ever! Again, pick a story and stick with it.

Thanks though for proving one thing, being a leftist is a mental disorder. I don't do this often for lefties, but I am going to pray for you. Seriously.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
It will never end even if people do get the shot! In Israel where they just locked down again- 50% of the people that are getting the delta variant had already been vaccinated.

I hate to break the news to you guys- but covid is going to be with us the rest of our lives. It mutates faster than we could ever get a handle on new variants with new vaccines. By the time there is a vaccine specifically geared towards the delta variant- there will be yet other variants to contend with. The good news for vaccinated people is they say the people getting it after having been vaccinated have a less severe case.
Please give the source, or documentation of this.

Please give the source, or documentation of this.
The vaccine helps protect against the variants. The same story he's citing also stated that half the new cases in Israel are in the 16 and under age group, i.e., the small percentage of their population that is not vaccinated account for half the new cases. Also, only 5 severe cases in the past 10 days. And although their numbers are "up" we are talking 200 cases a day vs. 8,000 at the peak.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT