3. Ohio State
4. Illinois
5. Michigan
6. Purdue
7. Maryland
8. Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin
11. Butgers
12. Northwestern, UNL, Penn State

All things being equal, this is how God intended the hierarchy to be. Resources, recruiting, support and tradition result in a Big Ten that looks like this. Izzo is going to make Purdue his pet project the next few seasons.
You are arragant,incorrect and misguided.Go take your coach some tissues.I hear he is still crying.

Purdue has been in the BIG since 1896. MSU entered in 1949.
So your point?
Purdue still has a substantial winning record against MSU.
Overall and recent.
You can cherry pick a 5 year span here and there but overall there is no comparison.
73-56 and 7 of the last 10 is pretty damning to your natural order!!

Bva4.gif

I know you have a top 3. Recruiting class coming in with Fears and Booker being Indiana kids. But MSU hasn't been the relevant team for some time now. Isso still has the passion and has been a great coach. If you watched his presser last night, it was sad he was up there crying about everything blaming ref's tv commentators and his lumbago. The game has changed, and he hasn't happens to all old coaches. Personally, with all of his crying over the years I am over it.
They have the #3 recruiting class and Purdue has the #3 team…How cute!!

It’s the last time they’ll see Purdue over MSU for at least another decade. The Natural Order is returning in a big way going forward. Enjoy MSU being down for two more months.
6 out of the last 7. What other big ten team has done that to your SParty's?

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Natural Order:

1. MSU
2. Indiana
3. Ohio State
4. Illinois
5. Michigan
6. Purdue
7. Maryland
8. Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin
11. Butgers
12. Northwestern, UNL, Penn State

All things being equal, this is how God intended the hierarchy to be. Resources, recruiting, support and tradition result in a Big Ten that looks like this. Izzo is going to make Purdue his pet project the next few seasons.
If you want to play that game, it'd actually be...
1. Indiana
2. Michigan State
3. Purdue
4. Michigan
5. Maryland
6. Ohio State
7. Illinois
8. Wisconsin
9. Iowa
10. Minnesota
11. Penn State
12. Northwestern
13. Rutgers
14. Nebraska

Let's not thrown stones.....Purdue's got its own set of former players with questionable actions. But yes, I'd trade places with MSU for their final fours.
Oh gimme a break.

Which Purdue basketball players have been charged and/or convicted of violent crimes like the laundry list of these MSU thugs?

Payne
Appling
Walton
Dawson
Cleaves

Who am I missing?

Reactions: Schnelk
Let's not thrown stones.....Purdue's got it's own set of former players with questionable actions. But yes, I'd trade places with MSU for their final fours.

I agree with your first point Lenny, and you're certainly entitled to your opinion and position, and in no way is it my place to judge.....I will just state my position that I disagree about trading places and leave it at that.

It's terribly unfortunate what's happened at Michigan State in the recent past - it's tarnished a very good school, and that's also coming from good friends who are graduates - that's all I will say.

Most importantly, prayers to those and their families who lost loved ones and are dealing with the horrible aftermath with the tragic shooting from yesterday at the Michigan State campus.....three students killed and five wounded from the reports I have seen. This goes way beyond athletics and competition.....we lose sight of that too often (myself included), and it's sad that it comes to something like this to add realistic and painful perspective. JMHO

Last edited:
Reactions: tjreese
I agree with your first point Lenny, and you're certainly entitled to your opinion and position, and in no way is it my place to judge.....I will just state my position that I disagree about trading places and leave it at that.

It's terribly unfortunate what's happened at Michigan State in the recent past - it's tarnished a very good school, and that's also coming from good friends who are graduates - that's all I will say.

Most importantly, prayers to those and their families who lost loved ones and are dealing with the horrible aftermath with the tragic shooting from yesterday at the Michigan State campus.....three students killed and five wounded from the reports I have seen. This goes way beyond athletics and competition.....we lose sight of that too often (myself included), and it's sad that it comes to something like this to add realistic and painful perspective. JMHO
It never used to be this way. We see random beatings, groups raiding a store and stealing and shootings where it was much more safe years ago. I llook forward to the day we return to a culture than values life and less us and them...victors and victims...this pitted against that and an ability to deal with disappointment without hurting or killing someone. THIS was not commonplace years ago...

Reactions: TopSecretBoiler
It never used to be this way. We see random beatings, groups raiding a store and stealing and shootings where it was much more safe years ago. I llook forward to the day we return to a culture than values life and less us and them...victors and victims...this pitted against that and an ability to deal with disappointment without hurting or killing someone. THIS was not commonplace years ago...

I'm glad I'm an older man. I do not have a positive feeling about the future of our country for my grandchildren. I fear the genie is out of the bottle and a return to the normalcy of our youth.

Reactions: tjreese
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT