ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue at Minnesota WVB

DocRon

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2001
Sheridan , Michigan
Purdue played dreadfully in the first set losing 17-25, Many errors by the Boilers, and not just hitting errors. Heaney is not playing due to her injury and Wollard is in her place. Hopefully we will do better.

Last edited:
Reactions: MichaelRR
Purdue plays much better and wins the 2nd set 25-22 pretty much leading the whole set. Chicoine and Colvin have 7 kills (on 8 swings) and Hudson 6.

I did see Heinke walking in a boot without apparent pain.

Purdue wins 3rd set 25-18. Pulled away at end of set to put it out of reach. Colvin having a very efficient night with 11 kills vs 1 error. Chicoine and Hudson both have 12 kills.

Purdue dominates the 4th set 25-18 winning the match 3-1. First Purdue sweep of Minnesota series since 1998. Minne becoming in danger of missing the NCAA which would have been unbelievable at the beginning of the season.

Chicoine and Hudson both had 12 kills but Chloe only had 3 errors while Eva had 10. Colvin had 11 kills but only 1 error for hitting % of 0.714. Wollard held her own against much taller opposition.

Shondell said Hornung had her best match ever at Purdue. He said we won with D and excellent pass/serve. Also gave kudos to Anderson and Myers.

First time ever that Purdue has swept the Minnesota and the Penn State series.

Last edited:
A great win at this point of the season. Now if they win the rest of the matches in the schedule, that they should win, with no let downs, I would think they would stand a great chance of hosting the first weekend .

Reactions: Boilermb
Very good win for Volleyball last night. Another quality road victory. Purdue is in full control for a third place finish in the conference, which is not bad considering how good Wisconsin and Nebraska are. Wisconsin has lost only four sets in conference play and they are 14-1. They lost 3-2 to Nebraska and Purdue is the only other team to take a set from them. Nebraska is undefeated, but Purdue took them to five sets. Nebraska and Wisconsin are a combined 47-1 overall and 29-1 in Big Ten play.

Was at an event and unable to check a score after the 1st set (a loss 😕). Seeing this result is awesome! Boiler up
A great win at this point of the season. Now if they win the rest of the matches in the schedule, that they should win, with no let downs, I would think they would stand a great chance of hosting the first weekend .
Thanks for the updates.
I was in Mackey for the Purdue - Morehead State game and didn’t get any updates on the volleyball game until we left the arena after the bball game.
We left Mackey while the volleyball match was early in set 4. Belatedly realized I could have listened to the remainder of that set on radio during the drive home.😒

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates.
I was in Mackey for the Purdue - Morehead State game and didn’t get any updates on the volleyball game until we left the arena after the bball game.
We left Mackey while the volleyball match was early in set 4. Belatedly realized I could have listened to the remainder of that set on radio during the drive home.😒
You're grounded:)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT