ADVERTISEMENT

PU vs Maryland game thread.........

Mixed bag this half....but played from behind a good bit. Clean up the turnovers......heat up the Assassin.....and man the paint well, and I like the Boilers' chances. Going to need a solid effort, though....Maryland has some players.

I'm seeing the refs call fouls they expect to happen. There have been a few phantom fouls, like the last one on Wheeler. Wow..

Considering Evan hasn't hit anything, and we are not scoring at the rate we usually do, we are still in this game. We got a punchers chance here.

Reactions: Boiler_Pete99
I'm seeing the refs call fouls they expect to happen. There have been a few phantom fouls, like the last one on Wheeler. Wow..

Considering Evan hasn't hit anything, and we are not scoring at the rate we usually do, we are still in this game. We got a punchers chance here.
Were only down 4 so I would hope so. Just need to be more efficient.

This roster doesn’t seem suited for up tempo. Need more old Purdue motion offense that makes Maryland play D for :30

Reactions: guppy likes purdue
Even then we can’t get open. All our shots are contested, hence why the low percentage
.............teams are figuring us out and are defending us accordingly... we lose this game....will finish sub.500 in CONF play......too much balance this year...have to win at home period!

Dude, Painters the one making the choice, not Grady. He doesn't belong in the starting lineup. It's that simple.
My point still remains, what good is it ragging on him? He is playing less and less minutes and is still giving his all. I'm not saying he is a superstar or anything but he is doing more than any of us on this forum to try and help us win and ragging on him just makes you look, well petty. Give it a rest.

Not turning the ball over would be a huge help in that category.

Sure would. Also, stick to running the offense...it seems every bad, quick, mid-long shot resulted in a run out for Maryland.

Despite some breakdowns, I think doubling Fernando, being quick to help to cover the cutters, and making them shoot from distance has been a solid gameplan on D.

Finally, despite not starting, Wheeler had more minutes than Grady in the first half.

Reactions: BBG
My point still remains, what good is it ragging on him? He is playing less and less minutes and is still giving his all. I'm not saying he is a superstar or anything but he is doing more than any of us on this forum to try and help us win and ragging on him just makes you look, well petty. Give it a rest.

My issue is not with Grady, its with Painter for starting him. We are getting off to slow starts almost every game.

Reactions: purduepat1969
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT