ADVERTISEMENT

PU Ticket Office/sports marketing needs to promote PSU opener

Every high school within 50 miles should be issued tickets to top ten H.S. Sr's (athletes, band members, math & science).
Get the local H.S. Principals to get the names on a list and submitted to will call window. Those high school students get a black & gold T-shirt and ball cap & free admission. First come first served till free ticket make the "sell out"!
Guarantee your future with h.s. students now.

lol imagine worrying about this game selling out. the AD doesn't need to do shit until days before. My guess is there's around 5k tickets left. relax
I'll be at the game, yet I want to watch the DVR to see if indeed it is a packed sellout. This is a statement game for the season. I'd rather have local h.s. students get the tickets to back Purdue than to sell the last few hundred to PSU fans peppering the stadium look with white/blue.
Those H.S. kids will spend money at primarily concessions, but book stores memorabilia & local food will get business as well.

Last edited:
Snooop - pull up the map on PurdueSports.com - way too many tickets left for a game of this nature if you are a Purdue fan. Should be sold out now.
It looks very similar to other ‘sold out’ games in the past at this point. There’s probably 4 to 5k total seats left.

Students are arriving on campus and probably quite a few didn’t buy season tickets that want to go.

The ticket office has a pretty good feel on what walk up will be.

This game will be sold out and look great on TV.

I'll be at the game, yet I want to watch the DVR to see if indeed it is a packed sellout. This is a statement game for the season. I'd rather have local h.s. students get the tickets to back Purdue than to sell the last few hundred to PSU fans peppering the stadium look with white/blue.
Those H.S. kids will spend money at primarily concessions, but book stores memorabilia & local food will get business as well.
It will be a sellout.

Get Millie Bobby Brown to the game for Shout!

Media has the buzz on this rising Star! Go all in to get her there. C'mon Purdue reach out to her! This is a Nationally televised game.
Would anyone sitting outside of the student section have a clue as to who she is? And for the people fretting over ticket sales, don't. The stadium will be full that night as long as the weather is good.

Would anyone sitting outside of the student section have a clue as to who she is? And for the people fretting over ticket sales, don't. The stadium will be full that night as long as the weather is good.
A top NETFLIX series year over year since 2016 will have more audience members than just young adults. She is a hot ticket now type of actress. Young crowd would react positively and old fogies like myself would be impressed that she showed up. Good for recruits to see her even if it was only on the big screen on the South End Zone.
100% onboard with hoping for good weather vs a monsoon. Purdue rarely wins a rain game while throwing the ball.

A top NETFLIX series year over year since 2016 will have more audience members than just young adults. She is a hot ticket now type of actress. Young crowd would react positively and old fogies like myself would be impressed that she showed up. Good for recruits to see her even if it was only on the big screen on the South End Zone.
100% onboard with hoping for good weather vs a monsoon. Purdue rarely wins a rain game while throwing the ball.
Brees and several other fellow Boilers will be on hand that night. There’s no way a pop culture star upstages those guys at a Purdue football game.

Brees and several other fellow Boilers will be on hand that night. There’s no way a pop culture star upstages those guys at a Purdue football game.
I hear ya. Don't know what Drew and family watch. Due to younger children's ages 13 and younger, it likely is NOT Stranger Things. I'm sure Brees family wouldn't mind meeting a Series Starlet. Connections go a long way in entertainment industry of which they both belong too.
Have them all on the 50 yard line at from 3rd to 4th Qtr transition. Nothing wrong with packing a punch to the audience. This is not a 25 yr anniversary team from Rose Bowl so stepping on toes would not be an issue.

This scenario is probably not on the drawing board, but it should be. IMHO

Every high school within 50 miles should be issued tickets to top ten H.S. Sr's (athletes, band members, math & science).
Get the local H.S. Principals to get the names on a list and submitted to will call window. Those high school students get a black & gold T-shirt and ball cap & free admission. First come first served till free ticket make the "sell out"!
Guarantee your future with h.s. students now.
Absolutely! I live in Florida now and not in Ohio like I used to. I would be at this game in two seconds if I lived in Ohio. But I went on the website yesterday to purchase tickets, I expected ticket prices to be two or three times higher than what they were. Heck, my airfare from Sarasota to Indianapolis is only $127. Ticket prices for a really good seats are $89. That told me right away this game is not being highly attended

That makes sense to put them in the hands of local high school students. Go down to the Indianapolis schools and get those kids a shuttle bus and take them to the game. Create a following

Reactions: MilwaukeeBoilerFan
Promotions is busy trying to figure out how to get >50,000 in the seats for Indiana St and FAU. Selling Penn State tickets is the least of their worries.

Promotions is busy trying to figure out how to get >50,000 in the seats for Indiana St and FAU. Selling Penn State tickets is the least of their worries.
I don't get why people are so wrapped around the axle about ticket sales. Last year we filled the stadium for every game. While we technically didn't have 100% sellouts, Ross-Ade was visually very full every single Saturday, and that was for whatwas expected to be a mediocre, .500 team by most prognosticators.

This team, on paper, is expected to be as good as last year's 9-4 squad, albeit with a bit less star power (i.e. no Karlaftis, no Bell). We'll still have great crowds every week. Relax.

Reactions: SNOOOOP
I don't get why people are so wrapped around the axle about ticket sales. Last year we filled the stadium for every game. While we technically didn't have 100% sellouts, Ross-Ade was visually very full every single Saturday, and that was for whatwas expected to be a mediocre, .500 team by most prognosticators.

This team, on paper, is expected to be as good as last year's 9-4 squad, albeit with a bit less star power (i.e. no Karlaftis, no Bell). We'll still have great crowds every week. Relax.
We've not hosted a game against a G5 opponent since 2018 nor an FCS opponent since 2016. This year we got both. Historically, the Big Ten and FBS opponents provide an attendance bump.
Hopefully there is 50k+ turnout for ISU and FAU. Penn State should be 58k+ easy peasy, a sell-out if not for the Thursday night factor.

Not selling out a BIG Ten opener versus PSU on national tv would be an embarrassment and marketing failure IMO. PU athletics historically asks folks to come to them versus hitting the pavement and making calls to businesses and organizations proactively.

Not losing any sleep over it personally (and, will be there), but, it should be a sellout...it likely will be, but, surprising that it is not already.

Not sure that I agree on the latter...don't see this team as better on paper...less sure that it will be where it matters on the field...and, that star power was significant, representing a significant loss of which the impact is not yet known.

I always look forward to games under the lights in Ross-Ade and love the atmosphere...it will be stellar no doubt leading up to this one, and, hopefully throughout...I have set myself up way too many times for being letdown, so, I am approaching this one much more cautiously in light of that, and, so hoping that it is not a repeat of the home opener a couple of years ago against Northwestern.

What would be awesome is if they could return to the railroad track about the field. Why can't they?

Don't know the exact number but capacity was a little over 68K then, and I think I remember them fitting somewhere around 71K in stadium for Rose Bowl clinching game against the Hoosiers. We did sell around 45K for season tickets that year, which triggered the initial talk for the upper deck expansion. We are around 36-37K season tickets this year I believe.

We wouldn't miss it for anything but I do know several non-ticket holders that would normally consider going unwilling due to the Thursday night slot with having to work Friday. We're also an hour behind in NW Indiana making it worse. For us, it would never be a thought to not go but not everyone's a Knucklehead.

I am more concerned about us getting that initial first game win than every seat having a body for this game.

A win in this game could be the start of a special season.

Not selling out a BIG Ten opener versus PSU on national tv would be an embarrassment and marketing failure IMO. PU athletics historically asks folks to come to them versus hitting the pavement and making calls to businesses and organizations proactively.
lololol imagine thinking this wont be a sellout.

Be sure to get your ticket
Hurry, don't miss it
Everybody's got to stand in line
So make sure that you too will be right on time
Everybody all aboard
Don't you miss it
If you miss that train
Don't miss the party train

A potential replacement for Shout:

Reactions: BNIBoiler
A Thursday night is a tougher sell. I would expect the student turnout to be exceptionally strong. However, what about all the families who have season tickets? I can tell you that my wife and youngest son will not be attending the game. She's not about to let him attend a game on a school night knowing he likely wouldn't get home until 2:00 AM. He's pissed about it, but I doubt very much that his mom is the Lone Ranger on this one.

I've found takers for their season tickets, so the seats will be occupied. However, for people without season tickets, I doubt that this game would be a popular pick for many families or for people who have to work the next morning.

The allure of a season-opening night game against a B1G opponent is significant for die-hard fans. But if you're just a casual fan considering buying tickets to a couple of games, is a Thursday night game leading into Labor Day weekend going to be your first choice? Doubtful.

I expect there will be small pockets of unsold tickets, and people in the north end zone should have some elbow room, but the optics on TV will be just fine.

Reactions: Chi-Boiler
A Thursday night is a tougher sell. I would expect the student turnout to be exceptionally strong. However, what about all the families who have season tickets? I can tell you that my wife and youngest son will not be attending the game. She's not about to let him attend a game on a school night knowing he likely wouldn't get home until 2:00 AM. He's pissed about it, but I doubt very much that his mom is the Lone Ranger on this one.

I've found takers for their season tickets, so the seats will be occupied. However, for people without season tickets, I doubt that this game would be a popular pick for many families or for people who have to work the next morning.

The allure of a season-opening night game against a B1G opponent is significant for die-hard fans. But if you're just a casual fan considering buying tickets to a couple of games, is a Thursday night game leading into Labor Day weekend going to be your first choice? Doubtful.

I expect there will be small pockets of unsold tickets, and people in the north end zone should have some elbow room, but the optics on TV will be just fine.
giphy.gif

I just received this email this afternoon.

I guess we can all rest easy now. The Purdue Athletic department is doing their job, which I never doubted.

mail
BLACKOUT SHIRTS ARE STILL AVAILABLE BOTH IN STORE AND ONLINE!

WANT IT BY GAMEDAY?

PICK UP A SHIRT AT THE PURDUE TEAM STORE TODAY.

STILL PREFER TO ORDER ONILINE?
NO PROBLEM! BUT YOUR SHIRT IS NOT GUARANTEED TO ARRIVE BEFORE GAMEDAY.

Hey Gang, we are headed out for our second trip to see agame at Purdue and had a great experience our first trip to West Lafayette.

my wife’s nephew is a sophomore at Purdue and we all will be hosting numerous kids along with approximately 8 of us traveling from Happy Valley.

How does one go about getting a parking pass for the big flat lot near the stadium where all the tailgating is happening? It was just two of us last trip so we parked a good distance away and did a lot of walking and taking in the campus before accepting invites from you Purdue fans for a beer, Bloody Mary , ets etc.

Also, what time do we need to be parked to ensure a solid opportunity and anything else you can share is greatly appreciated.

Hey Gang, we are headed out for our second trip to see agame at Purdue and had a great experience our first trip to West Lafayette.

my wife’s nephew is a sophomore at Purdue and we all will be hosting numerous kids along with approximately 8 of us traveling from Happy Valley.

How does one go about getting a parking pass for the big flat lot near the stadium where all the tailgating is happening? It was just two of us last trip so we parked a good distance away and did a lot of walking and taking in the campus before accepting invites from you Purdue fans for a beer, Bloody Mary , ets etc.

Also, what time do we need to be parked to ensure a solid opportunity and anything else you can share is greatly appreciated.
You can try to buy a parking pass on stubhub or places like that online. Otherwise, they are typically given to season ticket holders only. There are lots of tailgating places you can hangout at. As you mentioned the parking lot next to the stadium, the golf course next to the stadium, and the Intramural fields SW of the stadium will have a lot as well. If it's a nice day and being a late game I would there a decent amount of people will take the day off and be there midday starting to tailgate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT