ADVERTISEMENT

Priorities of the GOP controlled House

You’re saying because there are no lawsuits against him it means everything he’s saying is true? Seriously? I know in trump world lawsuits are the answer to everything, but why would Hunter sue when he’s being investigated by the FBI? Should Hunter go for more bad publicity, make even a bigger spectacle of himself? Why would the POTUS lend credence to Tony Bobulinski and his accusations by taking him to court?

I don’t know that the FBI hasn’t spoken to Bobulinski. Do you? They certainly would not tell us. Is it beneficial to him to tell us they have?

I never claimed I was a republican. I’ve said I have voted Republican many times, more than I’ve voted for a democrat.

I voted against trump from the beginning. I have added his enablers and groupies to the list I vote against……..and anyone who’s has adopted the trump version of the Republican Party. Doesn’t matter to me what you believe.

If you’ll look at the first few posts in the thread you’ll notice I said I have no problem with an investigation. Hell, I’d prefer a special council for Hunter Biden. Ordinarily that would send a signal that would be seen as an effort to take politics out of the matter and help the republicans feel like there was no interference and they could trust the results.

But given the Republican reaction to the special council just announced…….which should have made them feel better about the process……….it wouldn’t matter what Garland does. Everything is viewed through a lens of hatred and mistrust of the dems…….the facts be damned.
It’s funny how quickly things like inflation, crime, the border and wokeism just faded into the background after election day and we’re left With pressing things like Hunter Biden’s laptop.

You’re saying because there are no lawsuits against him it means everything he’s saying is true? Seriously? I know in trump world lawsuits are the answer to everything, but why would Hunter sue when he’s being investigated by the FBI? Should Hunter go for more bad publicity, make even a bigger spectacle of himself? Why would the POTUS lend credence to Tony Bobulinski and his accusations by taking him to court?

I don’t know that the FBI hasn’t spoken to Bobulinski. Do you? They certainly would not tell us. Is it beneficial to him to tell us they have?

I never claimed I was a republican. I’ve said I have voted Republican many times, more than I’ve voted for a democrat.

I voted against trump from the beginning. I have added his enablers and groupies to the list I vote against……..and anyone who’s has adopted the trump version of the Republican Party. Doesn’t matter to me what you believe.

If you’ll look at the first few posts in the thread you’ll notice I said I have no problem with an investigation. Hell, I’d prefer a special council for Hunter Biden. Ordinarily that would send a signal that would be seen as an effort to take politics out of the matter and help the republicans feel like there was no interference and they could trust the results.

But given the Republican reaction to the special council just announced…….which should have made them feel better about the process……….it wouldn’t matter what Garland does. Everything is viewed through a lens of hatred and mistrust of the dems…….the facts be damned.
That is pretty much the point Bob. The accusations have gone on for some time from “some” media. If he knew he was clean he could stop the accusations quickly. He isn’t, and as you said really doesn’t want to open a can of worms that will not work out for him. From Hunters perspective the last thing he wants to do is to get more publicity and take it to court…because he knows it will not end well for him and quite possibly for Joe.

As far as Tony…yes, he has stated on the air he has talked to the FBI…but it took several months for them to honor his request for a meeting. He has offered that he would like to meet with them again, but to no avail last I saw. I think he asked a certain question, but can’t recall the specifics that he would like the FBI to respond.

That is pretty much the point Bob. The accusations have gone on for some time from “some” media. If he knew he was clean he could stop the accusations quickly. He isn’t, and as you said really doesn’t want to open a can of worms that will not work out for him. From Hunters perspective the last thing he wants to do is to get more publicity and take it to court…because he knows it will not end well for him and quite possibly for Joe.

As far as Tony…yes, he has stated on the air he has talked to the FBI…but it took several months for them to honor his request for a meeting. He has offered that he would like to meet with them again, but to no avail last I saw. I think he asked a certain question, but can’t recall the specifics that he would like the FBI to respond.
Hunter Biden is catnip for the 'already convinced' and annoying as hell for the general public and voters that decide elections.

"Why the hell are they so fired up about Hunter Biden when I'm worried about inflation, crime, health care, and education?"

That's what the vast majority of sane voters will think about any Hunter Biden news or worse, Congressional investigations.

Hunter Biden is catnip for the 'already convinced' and annoying as hell for the general public and voters that decide elections.

"Why the hell are they so fired up about Hunter Biden when I'm worried about inflation, crime, health care, and education?"

That's what the vast majority of sane voters will think about any Hunter Biden news or worse, Congressional investigations.
Because our pResident is China's puppet

the dems are not going to do the things that are needed for inflation and crime with more police that must meet the wokeness...same with military. Healthcare and education need to be at the state level...particularly education. That said...yes if the media portrays that the Pubs are "only" working on any selling out of the country that "may not" resonate with someone picking between food, heat and fuel. It's all about the media and what they will publish since most are waiting to be told what to think.

None of the items you have listed have been of interest by teh dems for a few years. It has been intersectionality, wokeness, and selling people on climate change dangers. Those three have dominated the dems platform for some time.

the dems are not going to do the things that are needed for inflation and crime with more police that must meet the wokeness...same with military. Healthcare and education need to be at the state level...particularly education. That said...yes if the media portrays that the Pubs are "only" working on any selling out of the country that "may not" resonate with someone picking between food, heat and fuel. It's all about the media and what they will publish since most are waiting to be told what to think.

None of the items you have listed have been of interest by teh dems for a few years. It has been intersectionality, wokeness, and selling people on climate change dangers. Those three have dominated the dems platform for some time.
Agreed.

The dems have their own huge weak spots.
My point was that Republicans like DeSantis, who actually do not have their head up their ass, realize what the weak spots of the other side are, and they avoid the nonsense of their side like the plague. Or at least they restrict the nonsense to pandering to their base.

Reactions: BSIT and tjreese

And what plans do republicans have? You lost me at wokeness. Wtf is that? I mean other than some word you’ve had drilled into the empty cavern between your ears?

But all I’ve heard since the election is how Hunter Biden is gonna get it. Okay. How does that help inflation? Crime? All the scary things republicans ran on but had no plan for two weeks ago. Are there plans now? Because if so I’d sure like to hear what they are.

And what plans do republicans have? You lost me at wokeness. Wtf is that? I mean other than some word you’ve had drilled into the empty cavern between your ears?

But all I’ve heard since the election is how Hunter Biden is gonna get it. Okay. How does that help inflation? Crime? All the scary things republicans ran on but had no plan for two weeks ago. Are there plans now? Because if so I’d sure like to hear what they are.
I'll stop at one since one is more than the dems want. The Pubs would like to return to energy independence, but the climate change people would have no part. I would list more, but that empty cavern between my ears can only hold one thing at a time, but still...one more than some.

I'll stop at one since one is more than the dems want. The Pubs would like to return to energy independence, but the climate change people would have no part. I would list more, but that empty cavern between my ears can only hold one thing at a time, but still...one more than some.
You shouldn’t have bothered replying. Just more buzzwords. Zero substance.

My wealth has grown well past my salary most years. Am I on the take? Or do I just know how to use money to make more money.

What a stupid statement that is.
Actually it is not. I fully understand compound interest and the two factors are time and compounding percent. Some of the few hundred % increases of "wealth" in a short duration for so many should ,for those that understand ...raise an eyebrow. There are the three major indexes that give a general % over time increase, but hitting a lot of home runs might draw some attention. With most coins a rounding probability is 50% head or tails, but at what time do you throw several head or several tails in a row that you wonder if luck is in play.

BTW, do you somehow think those in political office are so much smarter than some that elect them? I'll bet if you took the cognitive index of the politicians and their growth in wealth (investments) and compared it to a similar cognitive index and their growth of wealth all the while with similar incomes that the growth rates are much different. If so how would I explain the difference...all the smart investors are in politics?

Just becasue you say it is a stupid statement doesn't mean it is so. That is strictly your opinion based upon your own personal experience as you say. Not everybody sees data the same way

What accusations? Are Bobulinski or anybody else making clear and definitive statements that Joe was paid? Or are he and the MAGA pundits he speaks with just asking questions, inferring guilt, and tossing out theories? As I’m sure @HoosierfanJM can explain much better than I, winning a lawsuit for slander, libel, or defamation is very difficult. Depending on which you choose, you have to prove intent, prove how you were damaged or harmed, or show the statement wasn’t just an opinion.

If Joe knows he’s innocent, why wouldn’t he just let the process play out and prove it rather than elevate his accuser and the story…….which is literally based on one vague reference in a freakin text? This is PR 101. The POTUS isn’t going to lend credence to the story of some nobody who chooses to voice his story on Fox.

You seem to think filing lawsuits, or not filing, are some sort of proof of guilt or innocence. It’s not surprising as it’s the answer to every problem for trump…….and that’s how you roll.
I have no doubt you will continue to trot out this ridiculous argument as proof of guilt for Biden until there is a conclusion based on facts, not fantasy.

Regarding Bobulinski, I guess when you said “He was able to know a lot and you would think the FBI would be breaking down doors to talk to him and yet that isn’t happening” you simply forgot that he had indeed talked to the FBI. It took several months? How is that a negative? You don’t suppose they were gathering facts on the case, checking other sources and background information. Considering this involved another country and foreign nationals, it might take some time to interview the parties involved. You act like the time frame actually means something. It means something that he was ACTUALLY interviewed. In the same way, how is it relevant that he wants to talk to them again and they haven’t obliged? Who’s running the show here? It’s just another way for him to imply the FBI isn’t doing anything. Did he not give them all the information he had during the first contact? The FBI doesn’t answer his questions, he answers theirs.

Actually it is not. I fully understand compound interest and the two factors are time and compounding percent. Some of the few hundred % increases of "wealth" in a short duration for so many should ,for those that understand ...raise an eyebrow. There are the three major indexes that give a general % over time increase, but hitting a lot of home runs might draw some attention. With most coins a rounding probability is 50% head or tails, but at what time do you throw several head or several tails in a row that you wonder if luck is in play.

BTW, do you somehow think those in political office are so much smarter than some that elect them? I'll bet if you took the cognitive index of the politicians and their growth in wealth (investments) and compared it to a similar cognitive index and their growth of wealth all the while with similar incomes that the growth rates are much different. If so how would I explain the difference...all the smart investors are in politics?

Just becasue you say it is a stupid statement doesn't mean it is so. That is strictly your opinion based upon your own personal experience as you say. Not everybody sees data the same way
Did you know there are ways to make money with money that have nothing to do with compound interest? For example, the aggregate salaries of the two people in my household represent 1/3 of the total income of this household? Our net worth has increased by about 20-25% this year in spite of the market being down 17% (not including value of our home). Relative to what we invested in the business, our return is greater than 100% in two years. Business ownership can really skew net worth vs. salary numbers. Many politicians are also business owners.

So no, I don’t think you really know what’s going on in all of those cases.

I wonder if people realize the irony of Bidens's Green New Deal.
Biden is crushing the fossil fuel industry while his son is working with Chinese companies to purchase land in the US where NG is abundant. Let the Chinese pollute the environment while our economy goes down the drain. Let's sell our biggest economic and energy indpendant asset to our biggest economic and military threat.
While we are at it, why don't we sell the Communist Chinese oil from our Strategic Oil Reserve!

Biden is crushing the fossil fuel industry while his son is working with Chinese companies to purchase land in the US where NG is abundant. Let the Chinese pollute the environment while our economy goes down the drain. Let's sell our biggest economic and energy indpendant asset to our biggest economic and military threat.
While we are at it, why don't we sell the Communist Chinese oil from our Strategic Oil Reserve!
Looks like that already happened.

Did you know there are ways to make money with money that have nothing to do with compound interest? For example, the aggregate salaries of the two people in my household represent 1/3 of the total income of this household? Our net worth has increased by about 20-25% this year in spite of the market being down 17% (not including value of our home). Relative to what we invested in the business, our return is greater than 100% in two years. Business ownership can really skew net worth vs. salary numbers. Many politicians are also business owners.

So no, I don’t think you really know what’s going on in all of those cases.
Oh I admit I don't know in all those cases. What I tried to state and I used cognitive index which would not be accurate, but I was in a hurry is the following: Essentially, there is data. Data can be aggregated where variables thought to be important can be put into a model. That doesn't mean the variables are, just that they would be in the data and the relationship of those variables could be studied however many there are. You just should have some repeated measure of the variables or essentially you eliminate the error term and falsely provide an extremely high if not perfect correlation which to many would be very misleading. Completed as such you have many variables in the model that allow a weighting of all the variables in the model.

In other words, were the variables studied an effective predictor of the sought measure? The sought measure might be the delta of growth over some time or something else. Perhaps the overall model is NOT as effective as desired or the variables thought to be in play affect the sought measure little...that weighing is in the data.

Bottom line considered variables in play can be studied relative to the sought measure and an understanding of the contributing weighing of each variable as well as any "error" due to variables considered to be important, but are not, will be removed as important variables and grow the error term. The goal is to understand what affects the sought measure and if you for example were one of the data points, and your wealth as measured was comparible to other data points, your data increases the value the model and if not, then your variables weaken the model. As a quick approximation in many cases is the R^2 of the correlation is what is explained by the total model and yet 80% of that model may lie in a single variable? A correlation of .7 for the model may only explain .49 of the sought measure.

Once you understand the variables in play, you would try to control for those between the different categories. It doesn't have to be an us versus them but could be more than two demographics for study and test for significance between teh demographics. Now, yuor ability to test for significance is a function of how well your variables affect the sought meaure. Poor model and you will have much greater difficulty in proving significance between the demographics. The relationship may ver well be there, but the noise due to other factors grow the error term and make the significance of the model not shown. Lastly, if you show significance between demographics...that is all it shows. What contributing explanation for that difference could be wrong, but the weighing of the individual variables might be a good place to start to explain any difference. BTW, my house due to the insurance policy I just got in the mail is too high, but elevating the false value allows for more coverage and expense to me for a statistically unliekly event that the actuaries know...and again will require another phone call on my end to counter the elevated value so they can make more money.

Last edited:
The Green New Deal wasn't passed bro

Yes, where are the mines for batteries cobalt for example? I had an engineer express yesterday that GM has walked back the all electric car to some electronic vehicles. What I saw with all the wokeness initiated in GM was a question of just how connected GM was with the administration.

The whole climate change is a hypothetical proposal that no doubt will enrich the few that know in advance the milestones. Why we ever sold our Strategic Oil Reserve which I believe was twice inadvertently suggest it was not Stategic Oil? If you tried to rationalize many things going on...how would you approach such a monumental task? The distraction with Russia and ignoring of China is totally baffling. China is the real threat and is so infiltrated in so many areas and locations in this country that it should have a lot more concerns than the administration and its' media will show. We are going to miss Mitch, but it was good to see him mention dismissing any students working as spies at Purdue once other areas found such things going on.

Yes, where are the mines for batteries cobalt for example? I had an engineer express yesterday that GM has walked back the all electric car to some electronic vehicles. What I saw with all the wokeness initiated in GM was a question of just how connected GM was with the administration.

The whole climate change is a hypothetical proposal that no doubt will enrich the few that know in advance the milestones. Why we ever sold our Strategic Oil Reserve which I believe was twice inadvertently suggest it was not Stategic Oil? If you tried to rationalize many things going on...how would you approach such a monumental task? The distraction with Russia and ignoring of China is totally baffling. China is the real threat and is so infiltrated in so many areas and locations in this country that it should have a lot more concerns than the administration and its' media will show. We are going to miss Mitch, but it was good to see him mention dismissing any students working as spies at Purdue once other areas found such things going on.
There’s that word again. Wokeness. A favorite of a dusty white even though you can’t define it.

There’s that word again. Wokeness. A favorite of a dusty white even though you can’t define it.
Wokeness is a wing of Cultural Marxism where virtue signaling is at play trying to play a role in directing thought as desired, while censoring other demographics. It requires being dumb, but there is evidence that being dumb has many friends. Now, my one thought is out, and I need to do something of worth

One of the most comprehensive "Buzzword Salad" posts ever.

Were you trying to be funny, or did it just read that way?
I'll always take funny. If I can shed some joy for others in what I write, that is good. If I can provide some thought for others...that too is good, but I'm not going to spend the time to describe "Cultural Marxism", "virtue signalling" or even "group thought". Those with an interest can investigate such and those without an interest should not...

Reactions: BoilerHuff3
Wokeness is a wing of Cultural Marxism where virtue signaling is at play trying to play a role in directing thought as desired, while censoring other demographics. It requires being dumb, but there is evidence that being dumb has many friends. Now, my one thought is out, and I need to do something of worth
Wow. Cultural Marxism. Haven’t heard that since Pat Buchanan. It’s promoted by Neo Nazis and publications like the Daily Stormer. You’re in good company.

Reactions: indy35
I'll always take funny. If I can shed some joy for others in what I write, that is good. If I can provide some thought for others...that too is good, but I'm not going to spend the time to describe "Cultural Marxism", "virtue signalling" or even "group thought". Those with an interest can investigate such and those without an interest should not...
Turn off the PragerU videos, grandpa

Wow. Cultural Marxism. Haven’t heard that since Pat Buchanan. It’s promoted by Neo Nazis and publications like the Daily Stormer. You’re in good company.
Good point.

@tjreese, do you read and/or ascribe to the viewpoints of the Daily Stormer or any Neo-Nazis?

Last edited:
is at play trying to play a role in directing thought as desired, while censoring other demographics. It requires being dumb, but there is evidence that being dumb has many friends.
People in this country have been censoring certain demographics since its founding. You are just upset because now you feel like the target is you. In reality, no one is censoring you. You have plenty of outlets through which to express your opinions. It’s just that your opinions have become so far outside what most people care to consume, you’re being tuned out and that makes you mad.

As this country becomes less white, less Christian, less of what YOU consider real Americans, you will continue to be tuned out more and more until you adapt.

The problem is you, not “cultural Marxism.”

Last edited:
Oh I admit I don't know in all those cases. What I tried to state and I used cognitive index which would not be accurate, but I was in a hurry is the following: Essentially, there is data. Data can be aggregated where variables thought to be important can be put into a model. That doesn't mean the variables are, just that they would be in the data and the relationship of those variables could be studied however many there are. You just should have some repeated measure of the variables or essentially you eliminate the error term and falsely provide an extremely high if not perfect correlation which to many would be very misleading. Completed as such you have many variables in the model that allow a weighting of all the variables in the model.

In other words, were the variables studied an effective predictor of the sought measure? The sought measure might be the delta of growth over some time or something else. Perhaps the overall model is NOT as effective as desired or the variables thought to be in play affect the sought measure little...that weighing is in the data.

Bottom line considered variables in play can be studied relative to the sought measure and an understanding of the contributing weighing of each variable as well as any "error" due to variables considered to be important, but are not, will be removed as important variables and grow the error term. The goal is to understand what affects the sought measure and if you for example were one of the data points, and your wealth as measured was comparible to other data points, your data increases the value the model and if not, then your variables weaken the model. As a quick approximation in many cases is the R^2 of the correlation is what is explained by the total model and yet 80% of that model may lie in a single variable? A correlation of .7 for the model may only explain .49 of the sought measure.

Once you understand the variables in play, you would try to control for those between the different categories. It doesn't have to be an us versus them but could be more than two demographics for study and test for significance between teh demographics. Now, yuor ability to test for significance is a function of how well your variables affect the sought meaure. Poor model and you will have much greater difficulty in proving significance between the demographics. The relationship may ver well be there, but the noise due to other factors grow the error term and make the significance of the model not shown. Lastly, if you show significance between demographics...that is all it shows. What contributing explanation for that difference could be wrong, but the weighing of the individual variables might be a good place to start to explain any difference. BTW, my house due to the insurance policy I just got in the mail is too high, but elevating the false value allows for more coverage and expense to me for a statistically unliekly event that the actuaries know...and again will require another phone call on my end to counter the elevated value so they can make more money.
Lots of words to basically say you don’t know anything.

The other thing that strikes me is how you’ll jump at this - politicians on the take - and you think they’re smart enough to have their worth grow exceptionally quickly but NOT smart enough to hide from simple media inquiries if it is indeed from illicit sources.

That’s quite a cognitive disconnect.

Further, if you believe politicians are on the take, then it clearly happens on both sides of the aisle. Claiming otherwise is ignorant. What power do you think the gun lobby holds if not channeling money to its preferred candidates while innocents are gunned down across the country?

Last edited:
How does someone blessed with such artistic ability that draws so much money for his paintings while being a highly respected, savvy businessperson land such great business positions and yet would leave his laptop so carelessly. Those circumstances seem so conflicting. Maybe the disinformation bureau will weigh in on this?
I almost forgot about that wonderful Biden accomplishment….

🤡 show

Reactions: tjreese
It’s funny how quickly things like inflation, crime, the border and wokeism just faded into the background after election day and we’re left With pressing things like Hunter Biden’s laptop.
It does take some time to prioritize a mismanaged government for the past two years.

Based on Biden’s performance and your managed expectations, everything will be OK

It does take some time to prioritize a mismanaged government for the past two years.

Based on Biden’s performance and your managed expectations, everything will be OK
So your solution to this supposed mismanaged government is to go after Hunter Biden? Really strong strategy, man.

So your solution to this supposed mismanaged government is to go after Hunter Biden? Really strong strategy, man.
Just stopping the Joe Free Candy outflow is enough for me and the Republicans can take credit for dropping inflation like Biden took credit for stopping COVID and “lowering the deficit”. That and not reaping too much money from inside intel in the stock market.

Slow burn the Nancy way.

Just stopping the Joe Free Candy outflow is enough for me and the Republicans can take credit for dropping inflation like Biden took credit for stopping COVID and “lowering the deficit”. That and not reaping too much money from inside intel in the stock market.

Slow burn the Nancy way.
Republicans not doing a damned thing but taking credit for anything good has been the mantra since 2016 so i can see why you think this strategy tracks.

Reactions: BNIBoiler
Republicans not doing a damned thing but taking credit for anything good has been the mantra since 2016 so i can see why you think this strategy tracks.
Sort of like Joe and COVID. It was his platform…that and telling the truth.

Oh and a climate change driven energy policy that resulted in high inflation and soon a recession.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Sort of like Joe and COVID. It was his platform…that and telling the truth.

Oh and a climate change driven energy policy that resulted in high inflation and soon a recession.
We will all be lucky if it’s only a recession.

ADVERTISEMENT