ADVERTISEMENT

President DeSantis partnering with Hillsdale

tearsforfears

Sophomore
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2021
So teachers can be properly taught on real American history, not American history through the twisted lens of America hating extremists in our classrooms! I encourage all Republicans to support DeSantis in 2024! He’ll be a great leader for this country.

So teachers can be properly taught on real American history, not American history through the twisted lens of America hating extremists in our classrooms! I encourage all Republicans to support DeSantis in 2024! He’ll be a great leader for this country.

So what is being taught in history that you don’t like?

At least you are not supporting Chump? That’s encouraging. It really is.

So what is being taught in history that you don’t like?

At least you are not supporting Chump? That’s encouraging. It really is.
Why do you think DeSantis is doing this?

Turn off the television, there are a LOT of republicans who don’t want Trump to run. I’m one of them. What kind of quotes from DeSantis will you twist into being racist?

Reactions: BSIT and Crayfish57

Turn off the television, there are a LOT of republicans who don’t want Trump to run. I’m one of them. What kind of quotes from DeSantis will you twist into being racist?
You tell me. You are the one who started the thread.

You still didn’t answer my question. What about teaching history in school that you don’t like?

I don’t have to twist anything. Racism is not hard. When it comes out, it comes out.

You still didn’t answer my question. What about teaching history in school that you don’t like?

I don’t have to twist anything. Racism is not hard. When it comes out, it comes out.
Have you read anything about inaccurate portrayals of history being taught in schools? That’s what this is addressing.

You twisted Trump’s words being meant for black NFL players and you know it. There were a ton of white players kneeling but you won’t address that.

Have you read anything about inaccurate portrayals of history being taught in schools? That’s what this is addressing.

You twisted Trump’s words being meant for black NFL players and you know it. There were a ton of white players kneeling but you won’t address that.
Heck yeah I’ve read about inaccurate portrayals of history. What did you think I’ve been saying for the longest? Some these schools have been trying to change black history. Some of of these school districts have been trying to remove books about Rosa Parks and Dr. Martin Luther King from the library. Texas in particular has already for years changed their history text books that puts slavery in a good light.

I know the aforementioned is not what DeSantis is trying to address. Again I ask what in particular is he trying to address as far as history in schools? I have a feeling that you don’t know specifics of what he is doing or what the inaccuracies in history that needs to be address. What are these inaccuracies? I told you what mine are.

You see, this is what I’ve been talking about. Involuntary relocation? That is a ridiculous attempt to white wash history. Texas has been guilty of this for years.

You see, this is what I’ve been talking about. Involuntary relocation? That is a ridiculous attempt to white wash history. Texas has been guilty of this for years.
Are you including the tearing down of historical statues around the country?

Are you including the tearing down of historical statues around the country?
Nope. Confederate statues should be torn down. They should not have been erected in the first place. They were treasonous individuals and should have been hung from a tree before the ink was dry at the Appomattox Court House.

I take it you are ok with statues of confederate soldiers that killed US soldiers? Are you ok with US military bases that are named for confederate soldiers that again killed US soldiers? These include Fort Hood, Fort Benning and whole lot of other bases.

These confederate statues were put up for one reason only, to intimidate blacks during the Jim Crow era.

Nope. Confederate statues should be torn down. They should not have been erected in the first place. They were treasonous individuals and should have been hung from a tree before the ink was dry at the Appomattox Court House.

I take it you are ok with statues of confederate soldiers that killed US soldiers? Are you ok with US military bases that are named for confederate soldiers that again killed US soldiers? These include Fort Hood, Fort Benning and whole lot of other bases.

These confederate statues were put up for one reason only, to intimidate blacks during the Jim Crow era.
Most blacks and many other people don’t even know what the statues are until they go over and read the plaques. I see nothing wrong with our our history being displayed and being erected to intimidate blacks is pure nonsense. It’s just an excuse to tear up and destroy something else. You’re ok with history being taught and displayed as long as you agree with it.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Most blacks and many other people don’t even know what the statues are until they go over and read the plaques. I see nothing wrong with our our history being displayed and being erected to intimidate blacks is pure nonsense. It’s just an excuse to tear up and destroy something else. You’re ok with history being taught and displayed as long as you agree with it.
Many of the Confederate monuments were put up during the Jim Crow days for the express purpose of intimidating African Americans and celebrating the Confederacy. Your ignorance of the issue doesn't make it not true.

Reactions: BNIBoiler
Many of the Confederate monuments were put up during the Jim Crow days for the express purpose of intimidating African Americans and celebrating the Confederacy. Your ignorance of the issue doesn't make it not true.
Right a big bad statue is going to intimidate and scare black people. Got it!

No, you are wrong. I had no problems learning about the confederacy in history class. You don't hear any blacks talking about removing any topics learning about the confederacy in schools. It is actually white people that are trying to remove books about Rosa Parks and Dr. Martin Luther King and others. I love history and I don't mind learning about history whether it's good or bad. However, there is a difference between learning about history and honoring someone. Putting up statues is more about honoring someone and their so called accomplishments. From a white person's perspective, I reckon you see the confederate statues as history. From a black person's perspective, those confederate statues and flags were definitely put up to intimidate blacks during the Jim Crow era. Again I ask, why should we honor Robert E. Lee, Stonewall Jackson, and others with statues and US military bases when they in fact killed US soldiers. These folks were traitors. If you want to read about them, read a book.

So if blacks put a statue to honor Nat Turner in the middle of Centennial Park or Community Park, you have no problems with that?

No, you are wrong. I had no problems learning about the confederacy in history class. You don't hear any blacks talking about removing any topics learning about the confederacy in schools. It is actually white people that are trying to remove books about Rosa Parks and Dr. Martin Luther King and others. I love history and I don't mind learning about history whether it's good or bad. However, there is a difference between learning about history and honoring someone. Putting up statues is more about honoring someone and their so called accomplishments. From a white person's perspective, I reckon you see the confederate statues as history. From a black person's perspective, those confederate statues and flags were definitely put up to intimidate blacks during the Jim Crow era. Again I ask, why should we honor Robert E. Lee, Stonewall Jackson, and others with statues and US military bases when they in fact killed US soldiers. These folks were traitors. If you want to read about them, read a book.

So if blacks put a statue to honor Nat Turner in the middle of Centennial Park or Community Park, you have no problems with that?
I have no problem with that. If people want things to honor someone it’s ok by me. I’m sure there are some people that would want to remove MLK statues or plaques. Everyone needs to get along and not get upset about things they don’t agree with. There’s a lot of things I don’t agree with, but I don’t go out and deface them or tear it up. We all need to accept things that others enjoy.

DeSantis if I were to bet would be who I’d put money on to be the next President. Trump will announce soon to try to intimidate him to not run, might even extend an olive branch saying he’ll be his VP pick. I know this, if both run Trump will trash on him to no end, if he defeats Trump and is the nominee I have no doubts that Trump won’t lift a finger to help him. As I stated before I’m a center tad right leaning voter these days, obviously a little too right for me but he’d be my pick over Trump and a 82 year old at the time Biden any day.

I have no problem with that. If people want things to honor someone it’s ok by me. I’m sure there are some people that would want to remove MLK statues or plaques. Everyone needs to get along and not get upset about things they don’t agree with. There’s a lot of things I don’t agree with, but I don’t go out and deface them or tear it up. We all need to accept things that others enjoy.
Let me get this straight. Confederate soldiers like Benning and Hood among others killed US soldiers and you think they deserve US military bases, Fort Benning and Fort Hood respectively to be named after them?

Let me get this straight. Confederate soldiers like Benning and Hood among others killed US soldiers and you think they deserve US military bases, Fort Benning and Fort Hood respectively to be named after them?
I don’t care one bit what something is named. I had no problem with the Washington Redskins, Cleveland Indians or anything else. I don’t care that people name their kids some stupid name at birth. It’s just a name big deal.

So you support teachers teaching Republicans (Lincoln and Grant) risked their lives saving Blacks and the country from racist Democrats?

So you support teachers teaching Republicans (Lincoln and Grant) risked their lives saving Blacks and the country from racist Democrats?
I support teacher teaching everyone that Lincoln didn’t free anyone. They need to teach that the Emancipation Proclamation was just a legal, military document that allow only the slaves in the southern states to join the Union army. The slaves in the northern states were still slaves.

Teachers also need to teach how a outstanding person Gen. Grant was. If there should should be statues and military bases of someone from the civil war it should be Grant. After the civil war he sent US troops to the south to ensure black men can vote, be appointed US Senators, hold other public offices etc.

I support teacher teaching everyone that Lincoln didn’t free anyone. They need to teach that the Emancipation Proclamation was just a legal, military document that allow only the slaves in the southern states to join the Union army. The slaves in the northern states were still slaves.

Teachers also need to teach how a outstanding person Gen. Grant was. If there should should be statues and military bases of someone from the civil war it should be Grant. After the civil war he sent US troops to the south to ensure black men can vote, be appointed US Senators, hold other public offices etc.
Sounds like you’re in agreement that Grant finished what Lincoln started?

Then why over the 2020 Juneteenth Holiday did BLM and Antifa protesters in San Fran tear down a statue of Grant?

Maybe BLM organizer should read more history books and less articles on “How to make money buying multi-million dollar mansions from social justice non-profit slush funds made possible by naive woke walkers who live in 99% white neighborhoods.”

Reactions: BSIT
Your ignorance of the issue doesn't change the facts. You could seek to learn something before spouting off about it.
By your reckoning there must be about a million facts that aren't changed by your ignorance as it is very widespread

Reactions: SKYDOG

They also needed to teach you better English, your posts would be just a bit less painful to try and read that way.

Turn off the television, there are a LOT of republicans who don’t want Trump to run. I’m one of them.
true, the Rinos will be out in full force against trump yet again.

issue with desantis is, he's opposite the Goat trump, but in the wrong ways.
he's not an outsider, he's an insider.
he's not a businessman, he's almost always worked for the government.

true, the Rinos will be out in full force against trump yet again.

issue with desantis is, he's opposite the Goat trump, but in the wrong ways.
he's not an outsider, he's an insider.
he's not a businessman, he's almost always worked for the government.
What is a Rino, besides the obvious acronym? What republican policies do they no longer support?

• Haha
I don’t care one bit what something is named. I had no problem with the Washington Redskins, Cleveland Indians or anything else. I don’t care that people name their kids some stupid name at birth. It’s just a name big deal.
Not sure where you stand on the kneeling NFL players. But the same right wingers that don't like the players kneeling while the National Anthem is playing are the same ones that don't want the US military bases named after confederate soldiers to be renamed. Chump never wanted to sign the bill to do so. Therefore if you don't want the US bases named after traitors renamed, then don't complain about the kneeling athletes.

Not sure where you stand on the kneeling NFL players. But the same right wingers that don't like the players kneeling while the National Anthem is playing are the same ones that don't want the US military bases named after confederate soldiers to be renamed. Chump never wanted to sign the bill to do so. Therefore if you don't want the US bases named after traitors renamed, then don't complain about the kneeling athletes.
Been down this many times before also. It’s disrespectful to me and many in the military to kneel during the anthem. All the people who fought and risked their lives and these multi millionaires can’t show some respect. Respect is always the word people use and in this case they won’t give it and don’t care who they hurt. It really pisses me off when people don’t stand or are lying down on the bleachers during the anthem before high school games. Don’t see why things need to be renamed. It’s only a name so again no big deal to me one way or the other. People are way to sensitive today and need to get along.

Reactions: clbndgm

Give it time…they will. Seems like a Patriotic person to me, but he’ll be vilified soon enough.

Been down this many times before also. It’s disrespectful to me and many in the military to kneel during the anthem. All the people who fought and risked their lives and these multi millionaires can’t show some respect. Respect is always the word people use and in this case they won’t give it and don’t care who they hurt. It really pisses me off when people don’t stand or are lying down on the bleachers during the anthem before high school games. Don’t see why things need to be renamed. It’s only a name so again no big deal to me one way or the other. People are way to sensitive today and need to get along.
This is my point. If y’all are passed about the athletes kneeling then you should equally pissed at US military bases like Fort Hood, Fort Bragg, and Fort Benning going names after people that were traitors to the US and killed US soldiers. Kneeling players never killed US soldiers.

The National Anthem has a racist 3rd verse by the way. “America the Beautiful” is a better song in my opinion.

We know you can’t get the facts right when it comes to the kneeling NFL players 😂 Sweet Jesus above, you’re unintelligent. Not man enough to admit you’re making things up too. You’re weak.

Lol. You define it by posting a link to Romney.
You all always point them out but never explain. By design.
And you say you’re an independent and keep posting tweets from the most left Twitter accounts on Twitter. You also never start threads about Democrats and calling them out about anything. By design. You’re not an independent, old man.

• Haha
Reactions: SKYDOG and BSIT
And you say you’re an independent and keep posting tweets from the most left Twitter accounts on Twitter. You also never start threads about Democrats and calling them out about anything. By design. You’re not an independent, old man.
I voted for Romney and McCain who were considered Rinos. Wonder when was the last time Bob voted for a Rino or other Republican?

ADVERTISEMENT