ADVERTISEMENT

Predict the Next Commit..Part Deux

there was a picture yesterday of our coach taking the boiler plane and saying he's going after some big time recruits. any guess where he went?

It was Levine heading to Texas. That's all we know, they can't mention recruits names

Thought BoilerStrong was worthy of a post for the last second guess to join the winners. Sorry that we did not have enough time from point of your guess to properly prepare your dinner....but a winner none the less!!!!

Rubber%2BChicken%2Bon%2BPLate.jpg
I guess

56319df13bcab.image.jpg

Reactions: StateStreet123
Preston Mixon is my new choice.

I have two questions about him. is he better than Palomares? And if we sign him, will he be our last addition to our offensive line? Would this mean the 5th year grad transfer is also out ?

It was Levine heading to Texas. That's all we know, they can't mention recruits names

Why is that ? Are you saying it's against the rules to announce a home visit? Harris tweeted about 5 pictures of Ruhl visiting him.

Preston Mixon is my new choice.

I have two questions about him. is he better than Palomares? And if we sign him, will he be our last addition to our offensive line? Would this mean the 5th year grad transfer is also out ?

There was an article saying that after Beach, they were not taking any other offensive linemen. They already have 4. We still need another DT, DE, linebacker (outside or in really), and maybe a JUCO Wr. I don't think we get Mcdougle because he was supposed to visit last weekend and didn't post any pictures or tweets about it. My concern is the kid that changed his mind and came back had CJB looking away from the DT spot. Not sure why we would give up on that kid. He has the size to have an immediate impact. My guess is that he is alright with just Robinson because of his size. He might look into another DE or two or maybe two linebackers. CJB seems to be looking at running backs. Missing on Jordan will hurt. It is kind of a scramble at this point, but we don't want to throw schollies away on lesser talent. Can't wait to see what signing day brings. Being excited about football is fun. Should be much better this year!

so you are saying Mixon was a back-up plan to Beach? It appeared from his tweets Mixon was all set to announce on Sunday, (and he even supposedly decommited), but after Beach announced, Mixon was informed there was only one scholarship for an OL, and it went to Beach? and that would mean Palomares and that 5th year OL are also out !

And the plane with Levine leaving for Texas is probably looking at some really big defensive tackle, or a fast RB. the caption said he was going after a big recruit. I can also see Brohm telling both of the Juco WRs that Yeast is his first choice. and that's why one said he would announce his plans after the signing day.

There was an article saying that after Beach, they were not taking any other offensive linemen. They already have 4. We still need another DT, DE, linebacker (outside or in really), and maybe a JUCO Wr. I don't think we get Mcdougle because he was supposed to visit last weekend and didn't post any pictures or tweets about it. My concern is the kid that changed his mind and came back had CJB looking away from the DT spot. Not sure why we would give up on that kid. He has the size to have an immediate impact. My guess is that he is alright with just Robinson because of his size. He might look into another DE or two or maybe two linebackers. CJB seems to be looking at running backs. Missing on Jordan will hurt. It is kind of a scramble at this point, but we don't want to throw schollies away on lesser talent. Can't wait to see what signing day brings. Being excited about football is fun. Should be much better this year!
where did you see that article?

Coach Levine retweeted a recruit named Zac Collins earlier saying he had committed this evening. He is a punter from St. X HS in Louisville. Interesting if he is a scholarship guy considering we have an underclass kicker and punter.

Based on outsider info, I'm switching to a long time target of Brohm: WR LaVonta Payton. Brohm pursued him while at WKU, offered him at Purdue, and he's scheduled to visit this weekend. He has already visited Miss and Tenn, but did not commit. I like our chances.

Reactions: boiler800
Hopefully Collins is a preferred walk on as I hate to have 3 scholarships given to kickers.

Palomares just tweeted. he committed to Univ of Nevada. that seems a step down from his other offers.

so you are saying Mixon was a back-up plan to Beach? It appeared from his tweets Mixon was all set to announce on Sunday, (and he even supposedly decommited), but after Beach announced, Mixon was informed there was only one scholarship for an OL, and it went to Beach? and that would mean Palomares and that 5th year OL are also out !

And the plane with Levine leaving for Texas is probably looking at some really big defensive tackle, or a fast RB. the caption said he was going after a big recruit. I can also see Brohm telling both of the Juco WRs that Yeast is his first choice. and that's why one said he would announce his plans after the signing day.
maybe trying to flip Dimarya Mixon, we need an edge rusher.

maybe Mixon will be the backup plan since Johnson decommited.

I'm going with Punter Zac Collins as our next commitment. Although he has to be the strangest commitment choice. he's only a punter and not a kicker. And wasn't Schopper the all BIG 10 punter this past year? In researching him, he was selected as one of the Ray Guy Camp punting Prospects. he seems odd pick-up . But I need that chicken dinner. .

maybe Mixon will be the backup plan since Johnson decommited.

the Mixon the boilers were pursuing was Preston Mixon an offensive tackle from Montgomery, AL.. not the DE Dimarya Mixon playing for Tenn. I know Dimarya was suspended for their Bowl game, but I didn't find anything that said he was leaving Tenn.

I'm going with Punter Zac Collins as our next commitment. Although he has to be the strangest commitment choice. he's only a punter and not a kicker. And wasn't Schopper the all BIG 10 punter this past year? In researching him, he was selected as one of the Ray Guy Camp punting Prospects. he seems odd pick-up . But I need that chicken dinner. .
Walk on most likely

Bo_Boroski.jpg

Zac Collins is a verbal commitment. Whether he gets a scholarship or not is outside the stated scope and rules of this contest. Even the knucklehead forum has its own thread with the headline that Zac Collins committed. Zac is therefore the next commitment!

Called it . Purdue can't say his name , but I can. The Purdue plane flew to Texas. I speculated it was either for a big lineman, or a fast RB. It's a runningback. Class of 2019, with a lot of offers. Deondrick Glass. Perhaps the plane can make a stop on the way back home in Louisiana to visit a lineman I know.

Who in the hell is: Dimarya Mixon?

He's a defensive end and a pretty good one. he's a sophomore who plays for Tennessee. he was suspended from the team for their bowl game and over the Christmas break, it appeared he may be leaving their team and transferring elsewhere. The latest is that he was only suspended from their bowl game. and he's still on tenn's team, although he still might consider transferring.

Somebody posted earlier and I can't find it that 2/3* DE Daviyon Nixon just decommitted from Northern Illinois. What they forgot to say was Iowa gave him a home visit today and gave him an offer. If I was Nixon, and I just received offers from Purdue and Iowa in the same week, I'd decommit from Northern Illinois too.

it is somewhat intriguing that Corey - the Db grad transfer from Syracuse whom Brohm is now recruiting was one recruited and offered by Purdue back in 2012.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT