ADVERTISEMENT

Predict the Next Commit..Part Deux

StateStreet123

Redshirt Freshman
Aug 9, 2010
Another big recruiting weekend awaits. Who will commit next?

Those allowed to come and thump their chest from the first illustrious contest are Boilers800, Heiner, StickPurdue, and ChuckJr. Many others have received extremely nice participation trophies.

Chicken Dinners:
ChuckJr: Viktor Beach (1/22 switch from Daviyon Nixon)
Boilers800: Viktor Beach (1/23 switch from Preston Mixon who was 1/22 switch from Anthony Palomares)
StickPurdue: Viktor Beach (1/23 switch from Anthony Palomares)
BoilerStrong: Viktor Beach

Guesses as of 1/24:
BullwhipGriffith: Anthony Palomares
Heiner: Anthony Palomares
StateStreet: BJ Sharpe
OhioBoiler3: Sterling Jones
Djnywkwil22: Lamonte McDougle
NewPalBoiler: Baylen Brees (good bloodlines but pretty young still)
PABoiler78: Daviyon Nixon
32Zone: Preston Mixon (may be a rubber chicken winner!)
Wolegib: Preston Mixon (but waiting/expecting Palomares next week)

I will update this message with others guesses as they are posted. All judges decisions are final. When in doubt please read the rules of the contest.

EDIT: Congrats on the Viktor Beach! I like it alot...sounds like a very nice kid and good football player. If you're still hungry submit another guess for 'who's next'!

Last edited:

Those allowed to come and thump their chest from the first illustrious contest are Boilers800, Heiner, StickPurdue, and ChuckJr. Many others have received extremely nice participation trophies.

Guesses as of 1/19:

BullwhipGriffith: Anthony Palomores
Wolegib: Mykelti Williams
ChuckJr: Daviyon Nixon

I will update this message with others guesses as they are posted. All judges decisions are final. When in doubt please read the rules of the contest.

do you have a list of who all is attending and their positions?

Guesses as of 1/19:

BullwhipGriffith: Anthony Palomores

Anthony Palomares

my submission was a hybrid of Williams through 21 Jan, and Palamores after. I am confident Palamores will announce his commitment Sunday. but if Williams secretly committed, that should count depending on if our rules are commitments or officially announced commitments. does brain's cryptic announcement of Williams count?

Guesses as of 1/19:

BullwhipGriffith: Anthony Palomares
Boilers800: Anthony Palomares

Baylen Brees - QB/New Orleans LA

Reactions: BoilerBulldog
I think it will be Williams or Palomares, but I would really like to see it be Jones, Harris, or Mcdougle. The defensive front is so important and we need pass rush badly.

Reactions: ChuckJr
my submission was a hybrid of Williams through 21 Jan, and Palamores after. I am confident Palamores will announce his commitment Sunday. but if Williams secretly committed, that should count depending on if our rules are commitments or officially announced commitments. does brain's cryptic announcement of Williams count?

The rules committee has checked with Bo Borosko. He was found at Connors Pub in Broad Ripple and was in no condition to make a ruling. However, as always, that didn't stop him from doing so.

The ruling is that Mykelta WIlliams is officially "off the board" for purposes of this contest. Although not officially announced, he is being considered as already committed at this point.

Then my choice is Palamores. My only concern is he will wait until he returns home, and with no wifi on his plane, somebody else will make their announcement before him.

As for Williams, I've noticed other than Yeast, that Brohm is no longer really pursuing any more DBs. That seems like a confirmation.

Reactions: Bullwhip Griffith
Nope. Cory Winfield 5th yr from Syracuse and Raheem Layne HS MN de-commit.
I'll go w Nixon, as far as Winfield, he played on a Cuse team that gave up 76 points to Pitt, if we are going after a decommit from Minny I wish i would be Brett Kitrell a 3 star 6'4 280 OL ranked 4th best player in the state.

An FYI and food for thought and betting purposes.

Isn't Nixon's visit scheduled for next weekend? All of our scholarships may be gone before he arrives. I have to believe this weekend will be the big and last recruiting weekend, unless somebody leaves.

I have to believe Eddy Wilson was informed if he didn't come back now, there would no longer be a scholarship available. So he came back into the fold before this weekend's recruits arrived. I believe Wilson just claimed Nixon's scholarship.

If we are holding a spot open for Williams and Yeast, There are not many more openings to give. I hope these recruits also realize that.

An FYI and food for thought and betting purposes.

Isn't Nixon's visit scheduled for next weekend? All of our scholarships may be gone before he arrives. I have to believe this weekend will be the big and last recruiting weekend, unless somebody leaves.

I have to believe Eddy Wilson was informed if he didn't come back now, there would no longer be a scholarship available. So he came back into the fold before this weekend's recruits arrived. I believe Wilson just claimed Nixon's scholarship.

If we are holding a spot open for Williams and Yeast, There are not many more openings to give. I hope these recruits also realize that.
Yeah, I would bet Wilson was allowed back, as in not all his choice

Since I had Palomares and he doesn't visit until next weekend, I'm switching this weeks next commit prediction to Preston Mixon.

Edits have been made to the original post. It seems like alot of new names are surfacing....and in general, the level of recruit is increasing (at least rating-wise and looking at P5 offers).

More importantly, I have started to prepare the chicken.......should be done soon....

I'm confident Alomares will commit, but he will not do so until he arrives. So I'm changing my vote to a safe pick: DL Wilson committing. And for all you people who say he already committed, I will point out the Packer's play-off game where everybody thought the ball was dead except for Matthews who picked it up for a fumble recovery ! Nobody else picked, Wilson, so I am doing so. Wilson was probably the biggest pick up for Brohm this week. it shows he doesn't take no and I quit for an answer.

I'm confident Alomares will commit, but he will not do so until he arrives. So I'm changing my vote to a safe pick: DL Wilson committing. And for all you people who say he already committed, I will point out the Packer's play-off game where everybody thought the ball was dead except for Matthews who picked it up for a fumble recovery ! Nobody else picked, Wilson, so I am doing so. Wilson was probably the biggest pick up for Brohm this week. it shows he doesn't take no and I quit for an answer.

Oh good grief. You are going to force the judges to go find Broad Ripple Bo again for a ruling. Stay tuned.

EDIT: The judges have found Bo Boroski and asked him for the official ruling. He was located in the Alley Cat lounge, eyes quite bloodshot, and speech slurred. Sadly, again he was in no condition to make a coherent ruling. The good news: that is his typical state and he is used to making judgement calls while in such a condition. Final ruling: Eddie Wilson doe NOT count as a prediction for this contest.

Last edited:
Can't somebody just go and kidnap Alomares and bring him here so he can commit and get the suspense over with?

I'm sure everybody agrees that keeping Big Eddy Wilson was great news, but his commitment happened before he ever arrived at Purdue. He is already on the team and has played. It's too late to predict his commitment.

Can't somebody just go and kidnap Alomares and bring him here so he can commit and get the suspense over with?

I appreciate your guys enthusiasm about football recruiting. It is much needed and I share in that. With that said, Palomares is not a priority recruit. His "visit" has been pushed back twice now. He has visited UAB, Nevada. He may very well end up at PU but it would be a result of what has happened with other recruits in the mean time.

Again, priority recruits don't have their visits moved multiple times, when the kid is basically waiting in California for PU to say yes.

Also, the All-American tag is for California Community Colleges

Last edited:
Reactions: boilerbusdriver
I appreciate your guys enthusiasm about football recruiting. It is much needed and I share in that. With that said, Palomares is not a priority recruit. His "visit" has been pushed back twice now. He has visited UAB, Nevada. He may very well end up at PU but it would be a result of what has happened with other recruits in the mean time.

Again, priority recruits don't have their visits moved multiple times, when the kid is basically waiting in California for PU to say yes.

Also, the All-American tag is for California Community Colleges
It has been said that he is having trouble getting here. I don't know what that means and don't care to speculate. And since when has All-American been named only in CA? Who pays for the travel on official visits? The school or the recruit?

It has been said that he is having trouble getting here. I don't know what that means and don't care to speculate. And since when has All-American been named only in CA? Who pays for the travel on official visits? The school or the recruit?

Official visits are paid by school.

Again, he was named CCCAA All American. That stands for California community College athletic Association. Google it if you don't believe me.

Ok, it's not really that we are that excited about signing him. It's just based on his comments , he said he would commit when he officially visits Purdue. So he seems like that safe guy to bet on. But we don't want to bet on him during the week he doesn't visit

I will appeal the ruling on Wilson. Yes he played for us, but he left the program and gave his scholarship back to Purdue. If Purdue received a commitment from Harris or Sharpe last week, Wilson could be on the outside looking in today. I believe Wilson should be considered as JuCo recruit. He is currently like Palamores and is competing with the other new recruits for a scholarship.

McDougle was scheduled for this weekend and had a home visit. I didn't see him post about visiting at all. Did he get rescheduled? Did he come down? Anybody know?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT