ADVERTISEMENT

Poll

What year will Purdue win the National Championship?

Votes: 33 60.0%

Votes: 8 14.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometime Later

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • With the next Head Coach

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Purdue will a national championship when the Brewers win the World Series. It could happen next year. They have the talent to do so. They could get lucky. Injuries are a factor. Money is also a factor. Their fan base is awesome. And they enjoy the same respect. People respect the Brewers as being a good team and competitive team, but nobody believes they will ever win the World Series. It could happen. The same things I just identified also apply to Purdue. It could happen but nobody other than Purdue fans would expect it, predict it or place huge amounts of money on it to happen .

Did anyone predict that the women’s basketball team would win a national championship before it happened?

Reactions: Fugs
I do not believe Nil has really made any difference when it comes to championships. The NIL gives advantages to teams, but has not delivered any championships! Look at Texas A&M and Texas! The NIL brought them more wins, but not championships. Look at the Dallas Cowboys and Lakers and Yankees! How many championships have they won lately? Look at OSU and Alabama!

I believe NIL has created more wins for certain teams. And teams that don’t spend money have absolutely no chance. But those teams never had a chance even before the NIL.

Ask yourself, Were Purdue’s chances of winning a championship better now or before the NIL was legalized? I would say Purdue’s chances are better now than they were before the NIL.

People talk a lot about the NIL. It’s odd, Purdue did a lot better than Miami did with Pack and all the money they spent.

• Wow
Reactions: Boiler Buck
I do not believe Nil has really made any difference when it comes to championships. The NIL gives advantages to teams, but has not delivered any championships! Look at Texas A&M and Texas! The NIL brought them more wins, but not championships. Look at the Dallas Cowboys and Lakers and Yankees! How many championships have they won lately? Look at OSU and Alabama!

I believe NIL has created more wins for certain teams. And teams that don’t spend money have absolutely no chance. But those teams never had a chance even before the NIL.

Ask yourself, Were Purdue’s chances of winning a championship better now or before the NIL was legalized? I would say Purdue’s chances are better now than they were before the NIL.

People talk a lot about the NIL. It’s odd, Purdue did a lot better than Miami did with Pack and all the money they spent.
Not enough history to know the effects of NIL and by its very nature it will always be about individual talent versus team play with less talent most likely...and that gap width will play heavily into the future results I suspect. Miami I thought made the FF Pack's first year, but I could be mistaken...

Reactions: BoilerAndy

UConn doesn't win their second championship without NIL

Frustrated George Costanza GIF

Purdue will a national championship when the Brewers win the World Series. It could happen next year. They have the talent to do so. They could get lucky. Injuries are a factor. Money is also a factor. Their fan base is awesome. And they enjoy the same respect. People respect the Brewers as being a good team and competitive team, but nobody believes they will ever win the World Series. It could happen. The same things I just identified also apply to Purdue. It could happen but nobody other than Purdue fans would expect it, predict it or place huge amounts of money on it to happen .

Did anyone predict that the women’s basketball team would win a national championship before it happened?
I did.

• Love
Reactions: DwaynePurvis00

In other news water is wet and the sky is blue. It could be not wet and it could be not blue but it probably is wet and probably blue.

Uh it did buy Miami a championship with pack last year. Lol. Remy Martin got a big deal to go to Kansas the year before and was key in them winning. And UConn and Purdue were huge benefitters of NIL last year. Edey would have left if Purdue didn’t get the nil package for him (and don’t argue with me he wouldn’t he said his final game of 2023 it was going to be about the $) and tristen Newton came back his last year for $. It’s not just recruiting but also retaining guys who would in past years leave for the pros.

Disagree. Losing to a 16 seed in 2023 got us a bad rap but I think Purdue has a much higher respect than milwaukee does. Purdue basketball under Keady and Painter has been legendary and having 3-4 year perennial studs like Big Dog, carsen, Edey, Hummel, etc gives us national recognition. Plus we are in the tourney almost every year and generally picked to do well.

While Milwaukee on the other hand has experienced recent success they were the perennial bottom feeders of baseball. They almost completely went away until bud selig saved them out of bankruptcy and played in the worst stadium in baseball (county stafium). They’ve won their division 6 times (out of 5-6 teams) and Purdue has won the big ten (10-14 teams) 26 times!!! Lol. They have had very little star power and can’t hold on to a coach, counsell getting out of town was case in point. Beware have had 15 managers since Keady and Painter have been at Purdue.

Terrible analogy. I’d argue more for the Braves who seem to win their division consistently, deep history of players, come short of being a blue blood, and strong coaching. I know they just won the World Series recently but it’s easier to win the World Series than make it to the championship game in the final four.

Uh it did buy Miami a championship with pack last year. Lol. Remy Martin got a big deal to go to Kansas the year before and was key in them winning. And UConn and Purdue were huge benefitters of NIL last year. Edey would have left if Purdue didn’t get the nil package for him (and don’t argue with me he wouldn’t he said his final game of 2023 it was going to be about the $) and tristen Newton came back his last year for $. It’s not just recruiting but also retaining guys who would in past years leave for the pros.
Get outta here with actual facts!

The overwhelming odds are that Purdue will not win a National Championship in the next 20 years.
You could be right. This poll says at least 20 Purdue fans think 2026 is our Natty.

They could be right. I can see it because we will have improved guards, guard depth,

and guard experience in the coming years. Time will tell, but I like our chances in 2026.

You could be right. This poll says at least 20 Purdue fans think 2026 is our Natty.

They could be right. I can see it because we will have improved guards, guard depth,

and guard experience in the coming years. Time will tell, but I like our chances in 2026.
Agree. It's not mutually exclusive. The fact that the odds are against us winning a NC in the next twenty years (or 2 years) doesn't mean that we won't. Fingers crossed.

It’s lining up nicely for 2026 IF all players are back and buy in (would be nice if a piece like Haralson decided to join). And then a route of St. Louis->chicago->Indy is very favorable (and possible) route too.

• Love
Reactions: collegehoopsfan123
It’s lining up nicely for 2026 IF all players are back and buy in (would be nice if a piece like Haralson decided to join). And then a route of St. Louis->chicago->Indy is very favorable (and possible) route too.
Too many variables for next season. Might as well just go Cleveland / Indy / San Antonio this season.

• Love
Reactions: collegehoopsfan123
It will be interesting to see if the championship level window will stay open without Zach? I have no doubt Painter will keep Purdue near the top of the B1G perennialy, but being at a title contender again has some big unanswered questions.

IF Braden can be an alpha PG, I think there is a world Purude is still a top 10 team and will have a shot to make a Final 4 run in March the next 2 years. I am biased and think he can, but understand we also need to see him be the main guy at this level. Also, TKR/Heide/Colvin all need to take big jumps and Jacobson/Harris/Cox need to be instant impact Freshman too.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see if the championship level window will stay open without Zach? I have no doubt Painter will keep Purdue near the top of the B1G perennialy, but being at a title contender again has some big unanswered questions.

IF Braden can be an alpha PG, I think there is a world Purude is still a top 10 team and will have a shot to make a Final 4 run in March the next 2 years. I am biased and think he can, but understand we also need to see him be the main guy at this level. Also, TKR/Heide/Colvin all need to take big jumps and Jacobson/Harris/Cox need to be instant impact Freshman too.
Absolutely. The question every year has been when we lose AJ, Biggie, Vince, Carsen, Jayden, etc. does the program continue to move forward or take a step back? It will be fun to see how it shakes out.

Reactions: Roeder
Lol. I'm probably the most unbiased Indiana fan you've ever met in your entire life.
Serious question then, what have your expectations been heading into the last eight seasons since Crean last won the Big Ten and made it to the Sweet Sixteen?

Serious question then, what have your expectations been heading into the last eight seasons since Crean last won the Big Ten and made it to the Sweet Sixteen?
I've only expected to win the B1G once and that was 2023. Finished 2nd. Outside of that... Not a lot of optimism.

That group from 2-8 was separated by 1 loss. Had IU lost that game where they barely beat the Minnesota intramural B team at Minnesota, they would have finished in the 6th-8th range in 2023.
That said, the Boilers inability to take care of business in their two games with Indinia, probably had the most to do with IU finishing 2nd.

That said, the Boilers inability to take care of business in their two games with Indinia, probably had the most to do with IU finishing 2nd.
Yeah northwestern, Penn state and Iowa did their parts…they all swept IU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT