ADVERTISEMENT

Poll

What year will Purdue win the National Championship?

Votes: 33 60.0%

Votes: 8 14.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometime Later

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • With the next Head Coach

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Jalen Haralson official visit to Purdue on 9/28/24. Let's see what that family

friendship with Terry Johnson truly means with our 2024 run on the table.
More than friendship…practically family with Johnson and haralsons dad growing up together and playing ball!

We got an outside shot…I think it’s like 10-20% max.
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Last edited:
More than friendship…practically family with Johnson and haralsons dad growing up together and playing ball!

We got an outside shot…I think it’s like 10-20% max.
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF
Haha, definitely a better chance than Lloyd. If Coach Johnson and Haralson's dad are

that close, I'd say Purdue has a really good chance. With expansion to 15 scholarships,

I think we can sign 3 for 2025. Good to have our 2024 season recently wrapped up.

My guess would be Kansas or Purdue. Missouri would be the only real surprise to me.

I believe Indiana, Michigan State, and Notre Dame have fall official visits with him, too.

Last edited:
Haha, definitely a better chance than Lloyd. If Coach Johnson and Haralson's dad are

that close, I'd say Purdue has a really good chance. With expansion to 15 scholarships,

I think we can sign 3 for 2025. Good to have our 2024 season recently wrapped up.

My guess would be Kansas or Purdue. Missouri would be the only real surprise to me.

I believe Indiana, Michigan State, and Notre Dame have fall official visits with him, too.
Who knows. Painter is unlikely to promise him anything but he could pitch the opportunity for a Castle like role on a national championship contender.

I’d be shocked if he comes to Purdue but if he’s visiting the odds are above zero.0️⃣

IU - 8/31
ND - 9/7
MSU - 9/14

Kid is going to be busy going on 1 every weekend for a bit haha. But why not? Good for him. Hope he finds the place he’s looking for.

I’m not sure we will be that appealing with (more than likely) all our guys back at the 1-3 positions—where he could play. But maybe he will like the competition and the potential to compete for a national championship. We will see!

Who knows. Painter is unlikely to promise him anything but he could pitch the opportunity for a Castle like role on a national championship contender.

I’d be shocked if he comes to Purdue but if he’s visiting the odds are above zero.0️⃣
We were 20 minutes away from a NC against the defending champs 4 months ago.

Coach Johnson grew up and played ball with Haralson's dad.

Would you really be shocked if Jalen Haralson chose Purdue?

Yes. Because he has been rumored to be a one and done…typically Purdue is not a team that takes those…if ever and we also are log jammed at 1-3 with players who have been here already and painter rewards those who have been in the system and buy in. I don’t think he goes to IU because they’ll be log jammed with 1-3 as well OR woody won’t even be there. They also are losing at minimum 6 players for next year so who knows what they’ll even look like.

I bet he goes out of state to KU or somewhere similar that produces 1 and dones…maybe even Gonzaga. I would be ecstatic if he chose Purdue…hope he starts a new trend and helps us win that natty in 2026.

I would, but as I think about it more, maybe I shouldn't be. The blockers I've heard on Haralson are 1) NIL and 2) a clear pathway to a starting role in year one.

I suspect that MP's approach to NIL will still be an issue, although maybe the relationship with Johnson allows the family to put more trust in the staff saying 'we only guarantee X amount, which is the same for everyone, but our collective will help you earn more.'

It may be that the 'clear path to playing time' isn't as much of an issue now that recruits can opt out of a commitment at any time a la KC. If you're Haralson's camp your worst case scenario is that Loyer and Colvin both have big seasons and both come back in '25/'26. In today's environment maybe you don't worry about that as much because if it happens you just switch your commitment to KU by early summer.

Yes. Because he has been rumored to be a one and done…typically Purdue is not a team that takes those…if ever and we also are log jammed at 1-3 with players who have been here already and painter rewards those who have been in the system and buy in. I don’t think he goes to IU because they’ll be log jammed with 1-3 as well OR woody won’t even be there. They also are losing at minimum 6 players for next year so who knows what they’ll even look like.

I bet he goes out of state to KU or somewhere similar that produces 1 and dones…maybe even Gonzaga. I would be ecstatic if he chose Purdue…hope he starts a new trend and helps us win that natty in 2026.
Haralson's final 6 are the official visits to IU, MSU, ND, Mizzou, KU, and PU.

I think its Purdue or Kansas. I wouldn't be surprised by anything these days.

And if we are right about 2026 being Purdue's Natty year, then Jalen should

pick us, haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boiler Buck
I would, but as I think about it more, maybe I shouldn't be. The blockers I've heard on Haralson are 1) NIL and 2) a clear pathway to a starting role in year one.

I suspect that MP's approach to NIL will still be an issue, although maybe the relationship with Johnson allows the family to put more trust in the staff saying 'we only guarantee X amount, which is the same for everyone, but our collective will help you earn more.'

It may be that the 'clear path to playing time' isn't as much of an issue now that recruits can opt out of a commitment at any time a la KC. If you're Haralson's camp your worst case scenario is that Loyer and Colvin both have big seasons and both come back in '25/'26. In today's environment maybe you don't worry about that as much because if it happens you just switch your commitment to KU by early summer.
While nothing would surprise me with Haralson's decision, I think it will be

Purdue or Kansas. IU, MSU, ND, and Mizzou are the other 4 official visits.

We will know soon enough. If I'm right about 2026 being our Natty year, then

Haralson should pick Purdue, haha.

Reactions: northside100
Haralson's final 6 are the official visits to IU, MSU, ND, Mizzou, KU, and PU.

I think its Purdue or Kansas. I wouldn't be surprised by anything these days.

And if we are right about 2026 being Purdue's Natty year, then Jalen should

pick us, haha.
Yeah but it’s not all about national championships for top recruits. They want to make sure they’re showcased for the next level and if they get a chance at an NC, then that’s an added bonus. Hope he comes here, so we will see later this fall what the decision is !

Reactions: collegehoopsfan123
Yeah but it’s not all about national championships for top recruits. They want to make sure they’re showcased for the next level and if they get a chance at an NC, then that’s an added bonus. Hope he comes here, so we will see later this fall what the decision is !
Sebastian Williams-Adams 6 official visits:

Texas A&M August 30
Auburn September 6
Kansas September 13
Purdue September 20
SMU September 27th
Oklahoma State October 4

Glad he’s interested! Hadn’t heard much about what he thought of Purdue. Thanks for the update…Kid is a PLAYER who can slash, quick and athletic:

Yes sir! Purdue will continue getting more and more high profile officials visits

because of our 2024 championship game run. Getting to the championship game

in April was HUGE. Now we are in on top 25 PG from NJ in 2026, Deron Rippey, Jr.

That's right. Can't wait to see who we sign in November!

Braylon Mullins won't be a Boiler because he doesn't have a Purdue official visit

set up. I know we are in Mullins top 10, but no official visit usually means going elsewhere.
He says in this interview that he’s planning on an official and wants to see a game 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yes sir! Purdue will continue getting more and more high profile officials visits

because of our 2024 championship game run. Getting to the championship game

in April was HUGE. Now we are in on top 25 PG from NJ in 2026, Deron Rippey, Jr.
Question: Do you hit "return" key when you type to the end of the line on your screen?

It isn't necessary and it breaks up your sentences. Try using it only when you want to start a new paragraph.

He says in this interview that he’s planning on an official and wants to see a game 🤷🏼‍♂️

Hope Mullins does what he says, but he hasn't yet. And time is running out.

Connecticut Aug 1
Michigan State Aug 29
Michigan Sept 7
North Carolina Sept 14
Indiana Sept 21
Alabama Sept 28
Tennessee October 18
Kentucky October 25

Not sure why Michigan State visit is left off Rivals and Alabama visit is left off 247Sports Timeline.

Hope Mullins does what he says, but he hasn't yet. And time is running out.

Connecticut Aug 1
Michigan State Aug 29
Michigan Sept 7
North Carolina Sept 14
Indiana Sept 21
Alabama Sept 28
Tennessee October 18
Kentucky October 25

Not sure why Michigan State visit is left off Rivals and Alabama visit is left off 247Sports Timeline.
Sparty didn’t make his top 10 I thought? And I also don’t think he said he wanted to make a decision before his season, did he? That matches with him never being to Mackey and saying he wants an OV to watch a game.

But tbh, I don’t think we land Mullins…that is. if he wants to play right away, I think we are too log jammed for next year at his position and (while he will be a great player) I don’t he would be better than anyone we have now. I hope he does choose Purdue, and is ok with learning and not being a big option his Frosh year and developing into that guy later in his career.

I still think Haralson is the only one that can make an immediate impact on the team
Next year….if we land him. If not, don’t think anyone is a HUGE impact maybe more like how Myles was this past year. Either way, tons of really good options.

Reactions: collegehoopsfan123
Sparty didn’t make his top 10 I thought? And I also don’t think he said he wanted to make a decision before his season, did he? That matches with him never being to Mackey and saying he wants an OV to watch a game.

But tbh, I don’t think we land Mullins…that is. if he wants to play right away, I think we are too log jammed for next year at his position and (while he will be a great player) I don’t he would be better than anyone we have now. I hope he does choose Purdue, and is ok with learning and not being a big option his Frosh year and developing into that guy later in his career.

I still think Haralson is the only one that can make an immediate impact on the team
Next year….if we land him. If not, don’t think anyone is a HUGE impact maybe more like how Myles was this past year. Either way, tons of really good options.
According to Mullins 247Sports profile Timeline, August 29th is his official visit to Michigan State.

“I’m gonna cut it down to like seven or eight after this week in Rock Hill,” Mullins said. “It’ll be hard, but I’m really looking forward to focusing on a smaller number of schools to get to know the coaches and see the schools. I don’t know when I’ll commit, but I don’t see myself waiting until spring. I want to sign in the early period. I do think it’ll get harder because I have really great options.”

Most sign in November.
Like you said, lots of really good options. Only 3 months to Signing Day!

According to Mullins 247Sports profile Timeline, August 29th is his official visit to Michigan State.

“I’m gonna cut it down to like seven or eight after this week in Rock Hill,” Mullins said. “It’ll be hard, but I’m really looking forward to focusing on a smaller number of schools to get to know the coaches and see the schools. I don’t know when I’ll commit, but I don’t see myself waiting until spring. I want to sign in the early period. I do think it’ll get harder because I have really great options.”

Most sign in November.
Like you said, lots of really good options. Only 3 months to Signing Day!
I think that’s wrong because on his top 10 list, sparty is nowhere to be found but tbh doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things haha.

I think that’s wrong because on his top 10 list, sparty is nowhere to be found but tbh doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things haha.
Yeah, in the interests section of Mullins 247 profile, it also says August 29th visit to MSU
but interest level is "None".

Purdue and Kansas are only 2 in Mullins top 10 without a scheduled official visit so far according
to rivals, 247sports, and the SI article about his newly scheduled Duke visit above.

Last edited:
Reactions: DwaynePurvis00

Honestly our approach to NIL will likely prevent us from getting blue chip players like this but at the same time will be good for retention and getting the 3-4 year players that thrive in our system.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Honestly our approach to NIL will likely prevent us from getting blue chip players like this but at the same time will be good for retention and getting the 3-4 year players that thrive in our system.
100% agree. I'm not saying it's the wrong approach, just that it makes it tough to land most one-and-done type players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT