ADVERTISEMENT

Playing for the championship Saturday night

Interesting dynamic fox natty TV and prime time. Be interesting how it gets called hope Vegas doesn't get overly involved.

Will the trophy be in the building? Assuming yes? Not sure how they handle the trophy if it is shared and not out right.

Reactions: oldboiler52
Will the trophy be in the building? Assuming yes? Not sure how they handle the trophy if it is shared and not out right.
I say no trophy until the Illinois game is over---not that anyone cares what I think.

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone remember the end of the 1998 season? Purdue was playing MSU in East Lansing. Sparty had already wrapped up a share of the B1G championship but had to beat Purdue or share the title with Illinois. MSU unfurled a banner before the game, and right on cue, Purdue went on to beat Sparty 99-96 in OT--one of the most epic college basketball games I've ever seen. The announcers had some fun with that.

It probably won't be that dramatic this year, but I still say no trophy, no banners, no t-shirts, no hats, no net cutting, no confetti, no public celebration of any kind until Purdue beats Illinois.

Just my $.02.

Indiana women's had the trophy when they secured a share of the B1G title after Purdue. So I am assuming the trophy will be there for the men if it was for the women. And y'all are hoping for a Maryland win to win the outright, Maryland also have Indiana women the outright title.

Indiana women's had the trophy when they secured a share of the B1G title after Purdue. So I am assuming the trophy will be there for the men if it was for the women. And y'all are hoping for a Maryland win to win the outright, Maryland also have Indiana women the outright title.
We don't need Maryland for anything. They could simply make it happen sooner. We control everything in front of us.

We get it, the IU women won. We don't care, this is a PU MENS site. Take your IU women news someplace else (like maybe the IU board).

We don't need Maryland for anything. They could simply make it happen sooner. We control everything in front of us.

We get it, the IU women won. We don't care, this is a PU MENS site. Take your IU women news someplace else (like maybe the IU board).
Never said y'all "needed" Maryland. Try reading. And he asked a question, I gave him an answer that is relatable to his question. Keep up.

Never said y'all "needed" Maryland. Try reading. And he asked a question, I gave him an answer that is relatable to his question. Keep up.
You drop the IU women in wherever you can. Like it's some humble brag that nobody here cares about. Keep up yourself Junior.

I say no trophy until the Illinois game is over---not that anyone cares what I think.

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone remember the end of the 1998 season? Purdue was playing MSU in East Lansing. Sparty had already wrapped up a share of the B1G championship but had to beat Purdue or share the title with Illinois. MSU unfurled a banner before the game, and right on cue, Purdue went on to beat Sparty 99-96 in OT--one of the most epic college basketball games I've ever seen. The announcers had some fun with that.

It probably won't be that dramatic this year, but I still say no trophy, no banners, no t-shirts, no hats, no net cutting, no confetti, no public celebration of any kind until Purdue beats Illinois.

Just my $.02.
Brad and Chad

Reactions: rgarlitz

And Purdue admins could inform the B10 that there is unfinished business before accepting the trophy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT