ADVERTISEMENT

Players you love to hate

Boilermaker

Redshirt Freshman
Aug 31, 2002
In an inadvertent attempt to do what I myself hate done to me (hijack a thread), in another thread I posed a question about why most opposing players we love to hate are overwhelmingly white players, at least those players we would like to smack that smarmy/jag-off look from their faces. In this thread I’m more interested in which players, primarily B1G teams, that you just can’t/couldn’t stand. I’m talking about the kind of hate that non-Purdue fans had for Cardinal, Kramer, and Barlow. I’d do a poll, but I think the list of prime candidates would be too long!

Last edited:
Skiles - Mateen ... Fife and Coverdale (from the other thread - New Pal posted)

Haarms???? really? In NO way is he a jerk. Look at his family. He's passionate - I wish all players were so much. His elbow is at everyone else's nose ... not his fault. He does NOTHING assholish!!!!!!!!!!
Lol I think it's pretty common knowledge that most fanbases (outside of Purdue) would put Haarms in this group. @New Pal Boiler actually alluded to that in the other thread.

Reactions: dumpsterFyre
I dont think you need to be an "asshole type player" (like a sheehey) to be put in this group.

I'm sure you would put a guy like Thomas Bryant in this group, but he also doesnt do ahole things. He just complained about calls and showed tons of emotion.
ok, in that case, ok ...

Matt Costello from MSU a few years ago might be the college player I've disliked the most from any team at any point in time.

Reactions: Schnelk
Jacob Jaacks, Chris Kingsbury from Iowa
Jay Burson, Chris Jent from OSU—Gary Bradds if you go way back
Marcus Liberty from Illinois

Reactions: campc
ok, in that case, ok ...
Yeah I just meant in the way other teams fan bases probably hate him due to him punching the air, yelling, and flopping his hair around, not that he’s actually a jerk. Like sheehey, fife and Coverdale probably are in real life.

In an inadvertent attempt to do what I myself hate done to me (hijack a thread), in another thread I posed a question about why most opposing players we love to hate are overwhelmingly white players, at least those players we would like to smack that smarmy/jag-off look from their faces. In this thread I’m more interested in which players, primarily B1G teams, that you just can’t/couldn’t stand. I’m talking about the kind of hate that non-Purdue fans had for Cardinal, Kramer, and Barlow. I’d do a poll, but I think the list or prime candidates would be too long!

Why bring this up? Why is this worth a thread? Hate is a pretty strong word to use.

I can always can’t on you to help me out Bull!! That always kind of soothed the waters from me feeling Purdue had missed out on Dawson in any way at all. Can you imagine CMP if a Boilermaker had done something like that!!!
That player would be LUCKY to be allowed to play another game under Painter. Well, there is the Barlow ball rack thing...(DWS)

Actually I was thinking Alford, but it's not Alford that I hated.

I hated it that when he drove to the basket, if he didn't make it, it was always a foul. That's not his fault. If the refs were giving me the benefit on 98% of my drives, I would do it too. Any player would.

Had to look it up. Steve Grote played for MeatChicken in the 70's. He would abuse any guard that dared to cross the 10 second line (bump, push, hack body-up, etc.). And he got away with a bunch. I just hated him, but the same goes for him. If the refs allowed him to do it, then . . . .

In an inadvertent attempt to do what I myself hate done to me (hijack a thread), in another thread I posed a question about why most opposing players we love to hate are overwhelmingly white players, at least those players we would like to smack that smarmy/jag-off look from their faces. In this thread I’m more interested in which players, primarily B1G teams, that you just can’t/couldn’t stand. I’m talking about the kind of hate that non-Purdue fans had for Cardinal, Kramer, and Barlow. I’d do a poll, but I think the list of prime candidates would be too long!
Before leaving the IU tent....one player on the top of that list. Brian Cardinal.

How could I forget the great Hawkeye Mr. Adam “Pokey” Woodbury?!?

What you talkin bout, Boilermaker?

proxy.php

WhiteNeatEmu.gif

Skiles - Mateen ... Fife and Coverdale (from the other thread - New Pal posted)
Couldn't stand Kellogg. He had this habit of underhanding the ball in the air before shooting free throws. This as a frosh. Steve Carfino was another one (iowa, early-mid 80's)

A few others...
Wisconsin: Brian Butch, Joe Krabbenhoft, Jon "motherf%$#*ing" Bryant.
Michigan: Ignas Brazdeikis (is there a more punchable face in college basketball?), Mitch McGary
MSU: Kalin Lucas, Denzel Valentine
OSU: Andrew Dakich (even if just for his role in a SINGLE game last year), Evan Turner

Reactions: Schnelk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT