ADVERTISEMENT

Petrino fired

lol.

By no means are we some powerhouse football program, but we are certainly above the level of Purdue football. The fact that you think Purdue “has every advantage over UofL” is pathetic.

This years team might be our worst of all time. But it definitely doesn’t define our program. A lot of people forget that just two years ago we were competing for a playoff spot with our Heisman quarterback.

First of all, we don’t have an AD problem anymore. Jurich and the old regime are gone. Our new AD Tyra has been a breathe of fresh air. In fact, he is buddies with Brohm (they went to high school together in Louisville). Secondly, you are definitely overestimating our spending problem. The athletic budget is something close to 120 million (compared to Purdue’s 80 million). If you listen to the presser from today, you would understand that money is not a problem. But go ahead, keep telling yourself that.

One of the first things a coach looks at is tradition. Does Louisville have a strong football tradition? No. But it is hard to ignore our success since the turn of the century. Wins in the Orange and Sugar bowls, a Heisman trophy winner, 8 or more wins in 12 out of the last 18 years (6 straight). Purdue, in the other hand, has sucked for a long time quite frankly (I don’t think you all have been ranked since ‘03 lol).

Louisville also has much better facilities. This isn’t even a question. Our newly renovated stadium makes Ross-Ade look like a rust bucket.

Louisville is easier to recruit to. I think we’ve landed a top 50 class every year since 2010. Purdue has done so once.

Combine all of this with the fact that the Brohm family is football royalty in Louisville, and it’s a no brainer.

Good luck with your search for a new head coach.
I’ve seen Brohm say he doesn’t really know your AD. They’re not “buddies”.

Their athletics have been moderately successful...largely because of Keady and some nice Big Ten bball titles he mustered. Their football program has had a few years here and there but largely inconsistent and completely irrelevant in the scheme of things.

The old saying about Purdue has always been they don't play for championships, they play Indiana instead...meaning Indiana is their championship. Do your homework and you'll quickly notice Purdue is not a championship program in either football or basketball.

Their opinion of their football program is absolutely shocking. IU will be playing them in two weeks for bragging rights to keep the Old Oaken Bucket for 5 out of 6 years!!!!

Hey you finally showed your face over here so kudos for that. Remember when you were talking smack when Purdue started 0-3 then went silent when Purdue rattled off 3 wins against ranked teams? Playing Indiana isn’t our championship. Far from it. Your football program shouldn’t even be D1 you’re that bad.

Reactions: ahhculdee
Ouch, sounds like they may have hit a nerve..... pointing out facts. But to answer your question, Petrino is not the guy anymore apparently. Why does Harbaugh struggle at Michigan? Why did Strong struggle at Texas? It was not because of resources or facilities. Petrino was fired because he is not the guy anymore. His creative playcalling has not been creative in 8 or 9 years. We are not Michigan or Texas but we have plenty to offer a coach on the rise. People have pointed to Clemson in Louisville's ACC division as a roadblock or obstacle to success. They played them within a touchdown our first three meetings since joining the ACC. They are beatable. The old administration has been cleared out both in Athletics and Academics. The financial woes are temporary but not insurmountable. Louisville is a college town, boosters and sponsors will rally around a new coach. The future is bright.
You call yourself StoopsTroops, yet keep saying “we” and “our” with regards to UL.

Let me guess: you’re not a grad of either one? Didn’t know you guys had reversible jackets down there also.

Once in a lifetime. That’s amazingly hilarious. Once in a lifetime. Ok sure whatever you say.

This is priceless. This guy follows one of the historically single worst D1 teams of all time talking smack about a team whom has a historical winning record.
and he’s too dumb to see the hilarious irony of his post...

Hey you finally showed your face over here so kudos for that. Remember when you were talking smack when Purdue started 0-3 then went silent when Purdue rattled off 3 wins against ranked teams? Playing Indiana isn’t our championship. Far from it. Your football program shouldn’t even be D1 you’re that bad.
You're such a contradiction, my goodness. My football team is 4 out of their last 5 against Purdue. In two weeks we'll see if the stench of Brohm leaving for Louisville hasn't cratered your team...be sure you remember to bring the Bucket to Bloomington, it very well could be coming home once again.

You're such a contradiction, my goodness. My football team is 4 out of their last 5 against Purdue. In two weeks we'll see if the stench of Brohm leaving for Louisville hasn't cratered your team...be sure you remember to bring the Bucket to Bloomington, it very well could be coming home once again.
Home would be where it is the majority of its life span

Let me know when you get to 10 straight. Even better hit us up when you finally get a winning season.

Still bragging about beating the worst coach Purdue has ever had? In case you forgot, the coach who beat the fighting Darrell Hazells is long gone. Purdue OWNS IU historically. That series is lopsided.

Oh and your football team is also one of the worst programs in D1 history so there’s something to hang our hat on I guess.

It looks as if it could be residing in Bloomington for another few years....Brohm is in Louisville tonight!!!! He was spotted in Louisville, I shit you not!!

giphy.gif

You call yourself StoopsTroops, yet keep saying “we” and “our” with regards to UL.

Let me guess: you’re not a grad of either one? Didn’t know you guys had reversible jackets down there also.
Actually a Louisville grad if you want to know. My wife is a former UofL Athlete too. We are a house divided and live in Louisville.

That is funny from a team that has not won a bowl game since 1991.

This is even funnier. Taken from the Legacy Section of wikipedia on IU football:
"The Hoosier football program has the dubious distinction of having the most all-time losses (672 as of the end of the 2017 season)[93] in the history of NCAA Division I (now FBS) football, in addition to the ninth worst all-time winning percentage (.419) out of 128 FBS schools."

This is even funnier. Taken from the Legacy Section of wikipedia on IU football:
"The Hoosier football program has the dubious distinction of having the most all-time losses (672 as of the end of the 2017 season)[93] in the history of NCAA Division I (now FBS) football, in addition to the ninth worst all-time winning percentage (.419) out of 128 FBS schools."

That’s unreal. Their ineptitude knows no bounds.

Yeah, well I'm not a frontrunner...speaks highly of me. I'm tougher than a piece of leather...gotta be following IU football!

I think iu hold the record for being "Homecoming opponent", too...no, really.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...rong-lead-list-of-bobby-petrino-replacements/

Interesting when you take Dakich’s comments with this article. DD said UAB coach and Strong were the lead candidates. Paired with this article, it means the obvious wants by Louisville (Brohm and Fickel) said no or at least not right now.

With all of Brohm’s recent comments and support from Purdue, it would be very surprising if he left for Louisville right now. They just fired their programs best coach for one bad season. Everybody is saying that Brohm is royalty, but so was Patrino. After making the run he did just a few years back they were worried he would go pro. Now they are eating a 14 million dollar buyout to get rid of him after his first losing season.

Brohm has made it a big deal to tell these kids he wasn’t going anywhere. If he left and took a bunch of recruits with him (which he would almost have to do to avoid a full rebuild worse than Purdue), he would essentially be bailing on the kids already playing (Moore specifically). I just don’t think he is that kind of guy. I really do think he understands what he has and what this football team has meant to the fans.

Would Brohm be successful at Louisville? No doubt. He has the inroads with Midwest recruiting. More successful than he would be at Purdue? That’s almost impossible to say. The Big Ten West is wide open. When Brohm gets this ‘19 class in and signed, there is no doubt they will immediately start competing for the Big West. He almost won it this year which would have been one heck of an achievement with the talent on the roster. He is now about to reload with weapons. Purdue is currently set up to win much faster. Brohm has preached family to sell these young guys which is why I don’t think he bails. It would go against everything he has said for the past 2 years.

Reactions: chaspark
I like chatting with the majority of posters over there. Nothing wrong with that.
Nothing wrong with that as I do the same here. Calling out fans of another board that come here and do the same as you on their board is hypocritical.

Is it really going against family if your alma mater comes calling you home?

And if it IS going against family, then no coach could ever leave anywhere, because all coaches preach family when they are recruiting.

Most coaches like Brohm don’t bail or leave. Not at a program they can win at, anyway. Purdue is set up right now for Brohm to start winning and winning big. Brohm has ties to Louisville, but he has ties to Purdue now as well. Brohm has said several times he wants to win for the fans at Purdue and the university. The fan base has absolutely embraced him. People say he is the first family at Louisville... well what do you think he is at Purdue?

If the NFL is the main goal, staying at Purdue makes more sense than a full reset. This ‘19 class will give him the most talent he has ever had.

Everything I have heard so far makes me believe he is staying. Will be interesting to see the press conference and see if any of the recruits say anything. They were very vocal last year about him staying, let’s see if they do the same thing this year. And yes, I guarantee you all of the recruits have reached out wanting to know. That will give the biggest indication on his plans.

Reactions: BoilerBulldog

had it not been for one Bill Mallory, they'd likely be dead last (or close to it) in most categories.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...rong-lead-list-of-bobby-petrino-replacements/

Interesting when you take Dakich’s comments with this article. DD said UAB coach and Strong were the lead candidates. Paired with this article, it means the obvious wants by Louisville (Brohm and Fickel) said no or at least not right now.

With all of Brohm’s recent comments and support from Purdue, it would be very surprising if he left for Louisville right now. They just fired their programs best coach for one bad season. Everybody is saying that Brohm is royalty, but so was Patrino. After making the run he did just a few years back they were worried he would go pro. Now they are eating a 14 million dollar buyout to get rid of him after his first losing season.

Brohm has made it a big deal to tell these kids he wasn’t going anywhere. If he left and took a bunch of recruits with him (which he would almost have to do to avoid a full rebuild worse than Purdue), he would essentially be bailing on the kids already playing (Moore specifically). I just don’t think he is that kind of guy. I really do think he understands what he has and what this football team has meant to the fans.

Would Brohm be successful at Louisville? No doubt. He has the inroads with Midwest recruiting. More successful than he would be at Purdue? That’s almost impossible to say. The Big Ten West is wide open. When Brohm gets this ‘19 class in and signed, there is no doubt they will immediately start competing for the Big West. He almost won it this year which would have been one heck of an achievement with the talent on the roster. He is now about to reload with weapons. Purdue is currently set up to win much faster. Brohm has preached family to sell these young guys which is why I don’t think he bails. It would go against everything he has said for the past 2 years.

There is no conceivable possibility that Charlie Strong would even be asked to interview for the UofL job. DD is off of his rocker.

Reactions: BPGhost
Kinda like you coming on the IU board acting like you know what the hell is going on.

@13thman
FYI, I’ve been banned on IU’s board for like 6 months and haven’t gone back to post under a different name. I know @td75 thinks I’m the bumper guy but it’s not me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT