ADVERTISEMENT

Paul Manafort found guilty on eight counts

I sorta buy the logic that yesterday wasnt as bad for Trump as many are making it out to be. Manafort crimes are his own, though it does highlight the sheer stupidity of naming him your campaign chair. Ditto for Cohen and having him for a lawyer.

But the bigger concern is what now will come of potential cooperation, particulary Cohen. Will he confirm the Prauge trip? If so, that would confirm a piece of the dossier that has long been used by Trumps defenders as "proof it's all bogus". Does it raise the specter that the dossier might be mostly legit?

Does Cohen confirm Trump's knowledge of things like the DNC hack he has claimed to not have known?

Yesterday wasnt a huge deal on the surface, but it may be a date you look back on as the start of an ugly trend for the WH. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...riminal-conspiracy-to-hack-democratic-emails/
I agree Scheff that Trump was unwise to bring Manafort into the campaign. He wasn’t part of the team very long. In CT, Manafort and his brother have long had reputations of playing in “the grey areas” and profiting from it. Looks like it caught up to him this time. That said, had Manafort not joined the Trump campaign, I highly doubt he would have been taken to court for this. Mueller wants some flesh, and Manafort and Cohen are it. They worked with Trump and now they will pay for it. And there are many others who should pay as well, like the shady Podesta brothers and the Clinton cartel, but we both know they won’t.

This is where the concept of “equal justice under the law” has been reduced to a Pollyanna-ish, utopian concept.

I have read in a few places that Cohen is not cooperating with Mueller.

The dossier is “the fruit of the poison tree”. I don’t know how anyone can deny this now. It’s tainted and bogus. Steele has been discredited and it’s obvious Glenn Simpson and FusionGPS were just arms of the Clinton campaign and the DNC. The dossier was used to start the sham investigation through the FISA process and the FISA judges were all mislead in thinking the dossier was legit. Are you honestly saying that if 1/20 of the dossier is true the whole thing is legit? It’s Russian misinformation designed to taint the 2016 election.

I'm going to take a wild guess that neither of your "twin degrees" was a law degree? Manafort jury found him guilty on 8 of 18. They were unable to get a unanimous decision on the other 10, meaning that those counts were neither guilty or not guilty and thus those 10 can be re-tried.

I'm writing this hoping that perhaps you we're trolling, but in case you weren't, it might be a good idea to delete that little reply.
I totally understand the 10 can be re-tried, but also understand that to date there has been nothing found that deals with the Russians. Do you really think this witch hunt would go so far as to re-try him again?

LOL so? it's still people from arlington. I live and work here. I go to the bars here. We can't even expand 66 because of those assholes.

Please tell me you don't go out in Clarendon.

Might as well just schlep it to Shaw or Columbia Heights, my man.

I also miss Churchkey like crazy.

Reactions: TopSecretBoiler
Please tell me you don't go out in Clarendon.

Might as well just schlep it to Shaw or Columbia Heights, my man.

I also miss Churchkey like crazy.
haha i do man. it's on the orange line so it's convenient. not looking for chicks though, already married w kids.

Did you even read the link?
The speaking juror voted guilty across the board and is a strong Trump supporter who "hoped" Manafort would not be guilty and who wore her MAGA hat daily while driving to and from Court.
I guess you are right... flaming lib.
Whatever.
ya i read it. you are all pissed it was just one person holding out. a few counties west and it would have been full acquittal. be happy!

ya i read it. you are all pissed it was just one person holding out. a few counties west and it would have been full acquittal. be happy!
I'm not pissed at one person holding out. If they didn't think a count was proven good for them. My disagreement is that people like you want to discount the jury doing its job and demeaning the judicial system.
Had Manafort been acquitted, I would be fine with it, even though based on my limited knowledge I would have disagreed but also would have understood that I didn't sit, watch, hear and examine all of the evidence and witnesses and that therefore the jury really was in a far better position to determine the case.
If the continual attempt to diminish our justice system is successful our country will be in extraordinarily difficult straits.

Reactions: BuilderBob6
I'm not pissed at one person holding out. If they didn't think a count was proven good for them. My disagreement is that people like you want to discount the jury doing its job and demeaning the judicial system.
Had Manafort been acquitted, I would be fine with it, even though based on my limited knowledge I would have disagreed but also would have understood that I didn't sit, watch, hear and examine all of the evidence and witnesses and that therefore the jury really was in a far better position to determine the case.
If the continual attempt to diminish our justice system is successful our country will be in extraordinarily difficult straits.
bro you bolded it. get out of here. lol

But you’re ok with the sham that led up to the Mueller investigation to begin with? It seems that certain people feel they are “above the law” and “the end justifies the means”. Whatever happened to the concept of “equal protection under the law”? It’s obvious that some people in the Obama Administration, in the DNC, and the Clinton Campaign wantonly broke the law in order to frame Trump. It’s increasingly likely that none of them will ever be charged or taken to task, yet numerous people on the periphery of the Trump campaign have had their lives and livelihoods destroyed because they dared to help Trump beat HRC. Manafort was obviously shady long before he joined the Trump team, but it’s unlikely he would have been charged with anything had he not been on the campaign. He was previously exonerated for the same charges in 2005.

But you’re ok with the sham that led up to the Mueller investigation to begin with? It seems that certain people feel they are “above the law” and “the end justifies the means”. Whatever happened to the concept of “equal protection under the law”? It’s obvious that some people in the Obama Administration, in the DNC, and the Clinton Campaign wantonly broke the law in order to frame Trump. It’s increasingly likely that none of them will ever be charged or taken to task, yet numerous people on the periphery of the Trump campaign have had their lives and livelihoods destroyed because they dared to help Trump beat HRC. Manafort was obviously shady long before he joined the Trump team, but it’s unlikely he would have been charged with anything had he not been on the campaign. He was previously exonerated for the same charges in 2005.

lol you're really running with this #releasethememo stuff, aren't you?

It’s obvious that some people in the Obama Administration, in the DNC, and the Clinton Campaign wantonly broke the law in order to frame Trump. It’s increasingly likely that none of them will ever be charged or taken to task.
Surely, if this were true, Trump would find a way to charge them. There is precedent that he will take unusual actions himself against those who are against him. But you’re probably right... every single person involved is out to get Trump. Swamp and all.

I agree Scheff that Trump was unwise to bring Manafort into the campaign. He wasn’t part of the team very long. In CT, Manafort and his brother have long had reputations of playing in “the grey areas” and profiting from it. Looks like it caught up to him this time. That said, had Manafort not joined the Trump campaign, I highly doubt he would have been taken to court for this. Mueller wants some flesh, and Manafort and Cohen are it. They worked with Trump and now they will pay for it. And there are many others who should pay as well, like the shady Podesta brothers and the Clinton cartel, but we both know they won’t.

This is where the concept of “equal justice under the law” has been reduced to a Pollyanna-ish, utopian concept.

I have read in a few places that Cohen is not cooperating with Mueller.

The dossier is “the fruit of the poison tree”. I don’t know how anyone can deny this now. It’s tainted and bogus. Steele has been discredited and it’s obvious Glenn Simpson and FusionGPS were just arms of the Clinton campaign and the DNC. The dossier was used to start the sham investigation through the FISA process and the FISA judges were all mislead in thinking the dossier was legit. Are you honestly saying that if 1/20 of the dossier is true the whole thing is legit? It’s Russian misinformation designed to taint the 2016 election.
so why did Trump bring someone to run his campaign who openly had fairly strong Rusian ties

Reactions: Bill4411
It's not obvious, at all. You keep repeating the same talking points, with no proof, no indictments under this pub controlled government.

EVERYONE broke the law and risked jail time to frame a candidate who, by your own statements, had no chance to beat Hillary. If they all were sure they were going to win, why would they break the law to beat a guy who had no chance? It makes no sense.

Manafort was convicted for crimes he was committing through 2016. This 2005 stuff is bullshit. Why are you defending this scumbag? If it had been a anonymous tip instead of through the Trump investigation, wtf makes the difference?

Reactions: atmafola
It's not obvious, at all. You keep repeating the same talking points, with no proof, no indictments under this pub controlled government.

EVERYONE broke the law and risked jail time to frame a candidate who, by your own statements, had no chance to beat Hillary. If they all were sure they were going to win, why would they break the law to beat a guy who had no chance? It makes no sense.

Manafort was convicted for crimes he was committing through 2016. This 2005 stuff is bullshit. Why are you defending this scumbag? If it had been a anonymous tip instead of through the Trump investigation, wtf makes the difference?
not everyone broke the law. just those who withheld information in the fisa court warrants and con-men like bruce ohr who were in civilian positions of power clearly donating their time and services to the clinton campaign.

Reactions: SDBoiler1

Because Trump is so gracious, he decided to not go after all those guys that broke the law to frame him. But he sure fired the one guy who only sent text messages.

Because Trump is so gracious, he decided to not go after all those guys that broke the law to frame him. But he sure fired the one guy who only sent text messages.

And stripped clearances simply because he didn't like some folks.

I think you're about 1-2 steps away from standing behind a Manafort pardon. :p
If the jury found Manafort innocent of all charges I’d be fine with that. However, he is a slime ball and it doesn’t surprise that he was found guilty on 8 charges. If Trump does pardon him, I think it will cause a real $hitstorm in the media.

Reactions: miksta
not everyone broke the law. just those who withheld information in the fisa court warrants and con-men like bruce ohr who were in civilian positions of power clearly donating their time and services to the clinton campaign.
The FISC warrants have been publicized with redactions. Nunes is in hiding. Repeating incorrect info doesn't make it true.

Reactions: Bill4411
so why did Trump bring someone to run his campaign who openly had fairly strong Rusian ties
I think he got some bad advice. Trump is not a politician and says he values loyalty. And remember that Manafort got nailed for Ukrainian shenanigans. But if Manafort is guilty, what about his one-time partner, Tony Podesta? Oh wait, he supports the blue side, so he’s lily white and untouchable.

I’m not defending Manafort, you moron.

You obviously haven’t been paying attention. In his texts with Lisa Page, Peter Strzok said they were “taking out an insurance policy” to try to guarantee HRC won. That’s the motive behind the dossier and Russia collusion hoax.

The FISC warrants have been publicized with redactions. Nunes is in hiding. Repeating incorrect info doesn't make it true.
Page “has been collaborating and conspiring with the Russian government.” The agency also told the court that “the FBI believes Page has been the subject of targeted recruitment by the Russian government.” -- from the warrant

“that unverified information from the Steele dossier formed an essential part of all the FISA applications on Carter Page. It proves that the FBI used outright political propaganda to spy on an American citizen during the election.” -- Nunes

the documents confirm that the FBI relied, in part, on information from Steele to obtain the initial warrant

Page has not been charged with a crime.

Also shows that trump was correct in saying his campaign was wiretapped.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
Nunes is in hiding? Aren’t they on recess right now? Doesn’t he have an election to worry about in November? You sound like a talking head on CNN.

Page “has been collaborating and conspiring with the Russian government.” The agency also told the court that “the FBI believes Page has been the subject of targeted recruitment by the Russian government.” -- from the warrant

“that unverified information from the Steele dossier formed an essential part of all the FISA applications on Carter Page. It proves that the FBI used outright political propaganda to spy on an American citizen during the election.” -- Nunes

the documents confirm that the FBI relied, in part, on information from Steele to obtain the initial warrant

Page has not been charged with a crime.

Also shows that trump was correct in saying his campaign was wiretapped.

He said Trump Tower was wiretapped.

Nunes is in hiding? Aren’t they on recess right now? Doesn’t he have an election to worry about in November? You sound like a talking head on CNN.
When was the last time he was in the news talking about this stuff? He disappeared after his committee completed their extensive "investigation". That's what I mean and you know it. Stop being obtuse.

When was the last time he was in the news talking about this stuff? He disappeared after his committee completed their extensive "investigation". That's what I mean and you know it. Stop being obtuse.
Not a mind reader, Bob. What you wrote before was clear as mud.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT