ADVERTISEMENT

Paul Manafort found guilty on eight counts

Tax fraud, bank fraud. Where’s the Russian collusion?
His working for Trump cleared his debt with Deripaska. Why would that be? There’ll be much more coming from this.

The presidents son, son in law, and campaign manager met with a Russian to get dirt on Clinton knowing it was part of the Russian governments help for Trump. Trump has also denied Russia attacked our country despite knowing they were doing it, that’s accessory. It’s right in front of you if you don’t have your head in the sand.

Sa
Same with the Cohen story...

Righties: we are the side that is about law and order!

Also righties: that crime doesn’t matter because it wasn’t this one specific crime that is also not a crime ( have I told you collusion isn’t a crime haha gotcha) so it doesn’t count

Sa

Same with the Cohen story...

Righties: we are the side that is about law and order!

Also righties: that crime doesn’t matter because it wasn’t this one specific crime that is also not a crime ( have I told you collusion isn’t a crime haha gotcha) so it doesn’t count
At least you got one thing right

His working for Trump cleared his debt with Deripaska. Why would that be? There’ll be much more coming from this.

The presidents son, son in law, and campaign manager met with a Russian to get dirt on Clinton knowing it was part of the Russian governments help for Trump. Trump has also denied Russia attacked our country despite knowing they were doing it, that’s accessory. It’s right in front of you if you don’t have your head in the sand.
They met with a Russian who met with Glenn Simpson before and after the meeting. Why? She said she wanted to talk about adoption of Russian kids. Donald Jr and Kushner were so impressed by her they left the meeting early. She had nothing to offer. The Russian female lawyer was on the payroll of Fusion GPS. So this is going to stick to Trump? Right....

I agree with this factually.

That said, I dont think anybody on our side should be over-playing the "no collusion" angle. Not saying agreeing there is any, but maybe hedge our bets a bit. As a GOP insider buddy told me recently..."brace for impact."

Reactions: Bill4411
They met with a Russian who met with Glenn Simpson before and after the meeting. Why? She said she wanted to talk about adoption of Russian kids. Donald Jr and Kushner were so impressed by her they left the meeting early. She had nothing to offer. The Russian female lawyer was on the payroll of Fusion GPS. So this is going to stick to Trump? Right....
details details...they can't follow that. only concerned about trashing trump in the press. which is all these charges are.

Didn’t this fraud go down when Manafort was working with podesta?
Was Awan released today too for bank fraud?
Flynn sentencing get pushed back again?
Didn’t HRC/Fusion GPS/ Steele pay Russians for dirt on trump?

Reactions: SDBoiler1
And Trump still hired him as campaign chair!?

Uhh....you didn't google.

Google Podesta. MIND BLOWN!

I'm simply saying that this is the game. It is silly to get high or low about any of this type of politics.

These types roll outside what you and I consider normal.

You had no idea who Manafort was before yesterday, but now you are outraged.

I'm simply saying that this is the game. It is silly to get high or low about any of this type of politics.

Not true. I clearly remember thinking "this dude is jackass" during multiple interviews he gave in 2016.

And Trump still hired him as campaign chair!?

Exactly- went searching for collusion...couldn’t find any...so go with tax evasion. No one is shedding a tear for tax cheats.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
Not true. I clearly remember thinking "this dude is jackass" during multiple interviews he gave in 2016.

Yesterday was metaphorical. Folks were cautious about Manafort for decades on the right. But, there are insiders. Connected people. To think that exists on only one side is folly.

To be clear, I'm not defending PM. Tax cheats are right up there on my FU list. But I also realize things are different for these types on both sides.

I just watched Mark Levin. It’s all cool.

I just watched Lanny Davis. Never mind.

Last edited:
Are you aware that Veselnitskaya hired a law firm (BakerHostetler) that hired Fusion to do opposition research on Bill Browder......the guy behind the Magnitsky act? By all accounts Simpson did meet her before the Trump Tower meeting, as he was working with her against Browder. The second meeting was a dinner......with a group of people. So to say they met before and after TT is misleading at best. You need to link that she was on the Fusion payroll.

Fusions was actually playing both sides......helping the Russians against Browder and hurting them with the work for the dems.

Left the meeting early? Says DTJR?

I can tell you that within GOP circles, Manafort was poison....and that goes back into the late 90s. "He's an indictment waiting to happen" was a common refrain from insiders as to why a guy who once was a top party power broker couldn't get any campaign to hire him on even deep background.

Many a laptop got sprayed with coffee the moment party regulars read that Trump had hired him into the campaign. One such person texted me "I think DT is daring the DOJ to investigate him. He could have hired the head of the Russian mob and drawn less scrutiny."

And here we are...

You fail to mention he was found NOT GUILTY on the other 10.
I'm going to take a wild guess that neither of your "twin degrees" was a law degree? Manafort jury found him guilty on 8 of 18. They were unable to get a unanimous decision on the other 10, meaning that those counts were neither guilty or not guilty and thus those 10 can be re-tried.

I'm writing this hoping that perhaps you we're trolling, but in case you weren't, it might be a good idea to delete that little reply.

I think what sticks is the lying, even before we find out if there was/wasn't any conspiratorial activity related to Russia. Below is a summary of the disclosure about the Trump Tower Meeting as stated by Wikipedia. How many lies and mis-rememberings can one team have? That's not even to mention the other issues outside this one meeting, like how a 36-year old Harvard/NYU grad like Jared Kushner can have near perfect recall on his connections/contacts with all countries around the world, but when it comes to Russia and its political satellite countries, he seems to suffer from early-onset dementia.
-------

On April 6, 2017, Kushner filed a revised security clearance form in which he reported a meeting with Veselnitskaya.[51] Unlike Kushner, Trump Jr. and Manafort were not required to disclose foreign contacts since they did not subsequently serve in the Trump administration.[52][2]

On July 8, 2017 The New York Times first reported the meeting with "a Russian lawyer who has connections to the Kremlin", arranged by Trump Jr. and including Kushner and Manafort. The information was attributed to "people familiar with the documents" and confirmed by representatives of Trump Jr. and Kushner.[2][39] On the same day, Trump Jr. released a statement saying the June 2016 meeting had been a "short introductory meeting" about adoption and "not a campaign issue".[2]

The next day it was further reported that emails setting up the meeting did not mention Russian adoptions or the Magnitsky Act; instead, Goldstone had told Trump Jr. the meeting would provide the Trump campaign with negative information about Clinton. Goldstone also wrote this offer was "part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump-helped along by Aras and Emin".[17][4][39] Trump Jr issued another statement in which he acknowledged that he had gone to the meeting expecting information about Hillary Clinton.[41]

On July 10, 2017, White House spokesperson Sanders said the president had learned of the meeting only "in the last couple of days".[53]

On July 11, it was reported that the original statement released by Trump Jr. on July 8 had been drafted by presidential advisers aboard Air Force One on the way home from the G20 summit in Germany, and that it had been approved by President Trump[54] — an account confirmed in a July 31 report by The Washington Post.[55]

Also on July 11, Trump Jr. posted the email chain leading up to the meeting on Twitter; a few minutes later The New York Times also published it.[56] In a statement accompanying the posted email, Trump Jr. asserted that he had wanted to just have a phone call but that didn't work out.[57] In an interview later in the day, Sean Hannity asked whether he had been given further details of the meeting in any phone calls, and Trump Jr. again asserted that such phone calls had not taken place and it had all been email coordination.[58] He would later, in a September 7 statement, acknowledge that three such phone calls had in fact taken place before the meeting.[59] Over the next few days the identity of the attendees was established.[20]

On July 12, President Trump gave an interview with Reuters where he reiterated that he had only known about the meeting for "a couple of days" and that "many people would have held that meeting".[60] Trump Jr. gave an interview to Fox News's Sean Hannity in which he denied having told his father about the meeting.[46] President Trump praised his son Donald Jr. for his transparency, and claimed that they were victims of a "political witch hunt".[61][62]

Also on July 12, 2017, in a CNN interview Donald Trump's lawyer Jay Sekulov insisted that the initial misleading statement on the Trump Tower meeting had been written by Donald Trump Jr. in consultation with his lawyer and that it wasn't written by Donald Trump. [63] In another interview the same day, on ABC, Sekulov said that Donald Trump didn't sign off on the statement and that the president "wasn't involved in that". [64] These repeated statements would be contradicted several months later by Trump's lawyers when they confirmed that Donald Trump had dictated the statement. [65]

On July 13, Corey Lewandowski was interviewed on MSNBC's Meet the Press. When asked why he was not invited to the meeting, he claimed that he and Trump were at a rally in Florida on the date of the June 9, 2016 meeting. In fact, there was no rally in Florida.[66]Instead, Trump was at a Trump Victory fundraising lunch at the Four Seasons Hotel, two blocks from Trump Tower. At 1:02 PM, Trump left the lunch and returned to Trump Tower, "where he remained for the rest of the afternoon". According to emails, the meeting was scheduled for 4:00 PM.[67]

Although the email chain describes Natalia Veselnitskaya as a "Russian government attorney",[17] Scott Balber, attorney for the Agalarovs, said in a July 14, 2017 interview that Veselnitskaya has no association with the Russian government.[68] For his part, Akhmetshin denied having ties to Russian intelligence, and said that the efforts by Veselnitskaya and himself "were not coordinated with the Russian government."[31] Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said the Russian government didn't know Akhmetshin or Veselnitskaya, or anything about the meeting.[69][70]

On July 16, 2017, in an NBC interview Donald Trump's lawyer Jay Sekulov again said that Donald Trump did not draft the response and was not involved in the drafting of the statement. [71]

On July 31, The Washington Post reported that the version released by Trump Jr. on July 8 was actually produced by his father on Air Force One, on the way back to the USA from the Group of 20 summit in Germany. The report said that President Trump had "overruled the consensus" of Trump Jr, Kushner, aides, and lawyers, who favored issuing "transparent" reports "because they believed the complete story would eventually emerge." The Post reported that Trump personally dictated, worked on, and released a version in Trump Jr's name with claims which "were later shown to be misleading". Some advisors reportedly feared "that the president’s direct involvement leaves him needlessly vulnerable to allegations of a coverup."[55][72][73]

On August 1, at the next day's White House press briefing, White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders stated that Trump "certainly didn't dictate, but ... he weighed in, offered suggestion, like any father would do".[74]

On September 7, in a closed-door interview with the Senate Judiciary Committee, Donald Trump Jr. contradicted his prior statements about not having had any phone calls with Agalarov in advance of the meeting,[57][58] acknowledging for the first time that phone records showed three short phone calls with Agalarov prior to the meeting.[59]

On October 9, CNN reported that Scott S. Balber, formerly a lawyer for Donald Trump and now Agalarov's lawyer, obtained the memo which Veselnitskaya took to the meeting.[75] Subsequently, Foreign Policy published the full memo.[76] According to the memo, an American firm Ziff Brothers Investments illegally evaded tens of millions of dollars of Russian taxes and contributed stolen money to election campaign of Mrs. Clinton. This accusation was coordinated by Veselnitskaya in advance with Yury Chaika and repeated later by Putin[77]

On December 7, CNN reported on two previously undisclosed follow-up emails from Rob Goldstone discovered by congressional investigators. In one of the emails, dated June 14, 2016, Rob forwarded a news story about Russian hacking of Democrats' emails, describing the news as "eerily weird" in light of what they had discussed in the Trump Tower meeting.[78] Among the recipients of the email were Trump Jr., Kushner, and Manafort, in spite of the original public statement by Trump Jr. in July 2017 that "there was no follow up" after the meeting[2] and his testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee in September 2017 that "Rob, Emin and I never discussed the meeting again".[78]

On April 27, 2018, in an NBC News Interview, Veselnitskaya stated “I am a lawyer, and I am an informant,” adding that “since 2013, I have been actively communicating with the office of the Russian prosecutor general,” Yury Chaika. Her admission to being an informant contradicted her November 2017 statement to the Senate Judiciary Committee, in which she said “I have no relationship with Mr. Chaika, his representatives and his institutions other than those related to my professional functions as a lawyer.” [19]

On May 16, 2018, the Senate Judiciary Committee released emails and text messages between Rob Goldstone, Amin Agalarov, Ike Kaveladze, and Trump attorney Alan S. Futerfas, in which Mr. Futerfas provided a prepared statement for them to make, and said it "would be our preference" if they did not say anything else in response to inquiries about the meeting. [79][80]

On June 2, 2018, CNN reported that President Trump's lawyers acknowledged for the first time that Donald Trump had dictated the first misleading statement put out about the 2016 meeting with Russians at Trump Tower, directly contradicting several prior statements by his lawyers. The acknowledgement was in a confidential letter the legal team sent to special counsel Robert Mueller in January 2018.[65]

Last edited:
Reactions: miksta
No. FBI already knew about this in 2005. They decided it wasn't important then. Now, it's important because it can help make Trump look bad.

I mean, kinda. Definitely makes the stakes higher and more visible when it can provide potential leverage to shine light on one of the biggest scandals in presidential history. You don't think it's worth pursuing in that case? Thank goodness these investigators are so clever and leaving no stone unturned. Most Americans will surely appreciate it.

I mean, kinda. Definitely makes the stakes higher and more visible when it can provide potential leverage to shine light on one of the biggest scandals in presidential history. You don't think it's worth pursuing in that case? Thank goodness these investigators are so clever and leaving no stone unturned. Most Americans will surely appreciate it.
I think when motivations are political instead of blind justice, the united states has a problem.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
I sorta buy the logic that yesterday wasnt as bad for Trump as many are making it out to be. Manafort crimes are his own, though it does highlight the sheer stupidity of naming him your campaign chair. Ditto for Cohen and having him for a lawyer.

But the bigger concern is what now will come of potential cooperation, particulary Cohen. Will he confirm the Prauge trip? If so, that would confirm a piece of the dossier that has long been used by Trumps defenders as "proof it's all bogus". Does it raise the specter that the dossier might be mostly legit?

Does Cohen confirm Trump's knowledge of things like the DNC hack he has claimed to not have known?

Yesterday wasnt a huge deal on the surface, but it may be a date you look back on as the start of an ugly trend for the WH. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...riminal-conspiracy-to-hack-democratic-emails/

lol hilarious that you find this to be the same.

Stay focused here. Enough with the whataboutism. Your boy is naked.
what is the left's obsession w/ Trump naked?
Do you really think this will get him impeached? You are out of your mind

Manafort charges are from '05
Cohen would be campaign finance at worst? What am I missing here?

what is the left's obsession w/ Trump naked?
Do you really think this will get him impeached? You are out of your mind

Manafort charges are from '05
Cohen would be campaign finance at worst? What am I missing here?

Quite a bit. Likely willfully.

ADVERTISEMENT