ADVERTISEMENT

Paralympics Sitting VB

Jan 3, 2018
Southern Indiana
Stumbled across this sport last week scrolling through Peacock. USA womens team won the Gold medal today beating China 3-1. They won Gold also in Rio and Tokyo, making this their 3rd straight Gold - all vs China, who had won in 2008 and 2012.
Very interesting dynamics to this sport - I really enjoyed watching. Of course the US win made it all the better. The ladies played with such high energy and joy.

The court is much smaller, net is only about 4 feet high and it is “legal” to block a serve. Otherwise the rules seemed similar to conventional VB. Most players were amputees (single leg) and a couple with arm issues.

I found myself really engaged in watching/following. Replays available on Peacock if you have it. Amazing players - great win today.

Reactions: DocRon and Boilermb
Stumbled across this sport last week scrolling through Peacock. USA womens team won the Gold medal today beating China 3-1. They won Gold also in Rio and Tokyo, making this their 3rd straight Gold - all vs China, who had won in 2008 and 2012.
Very interesting dynamics to this sport - I really enjoyed watching. Of course the US win made it all the better. The ladies played with such high energy and joy.

The court is much smaller, net is only about 4 feet high and it is “legal” to block a serve. Otherwise the rules seemed similar to conventional VB. Most players were amputees (single leg) and a couple with arm issues.

I found myself really engaged in watching/following. Replays available on Peacock if you have it. Amazing players - great win today.
Watched highlights of a couple of games on Youtube including the gold medal match. Really surprising to see how much skill is involved.

Reactions: JeffBoiler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT