ADVERTISEMENT

Painter on Jack Benter

Sounds like what OB52 said about him.
Didn't Painter offer Benter pretty early? Those guys don't always turn out to be superstars (EHJ, Morton, etc.) but Painter's track record is pretty damn good. I'd be very surprised if he can find playing time this season but MP is building a roster with a pretty high floor for the post Braden/Fletch/TKR era.

Last edited:
This is similar to what he said about morton. I think in another interview he said they have been pleasantly surprised with cox too.

This is similar to what he said about morton. I think in another interview he said they have been pleasantly surprised with cox too.
Ethan never panned out the way he was expected to on an individual basis, but you could have a much worse career. He played a bunch of minutes and helped Purdue win a ton of games. Not many players will leave Purdue or any other program having won more games over four years than Ethan Morton.

Last edited:
Ethan never panned out the way he was expected to on an individual basis, but you could have a much worse career. He played a bunch of minutes and helped Purdue win a ton of games. Not many players will leave Purdue or any other program having won more games over four years than Ethan Morton.
Not "many"?
NONE (I think)
Wasn't this graduating class the most wins in the big 10? EVER????

Reactions: northside100
Matt doesn't say "Fabulous" about guys playing pretty well. He's pretty down to earth himself and usually doesn't want any of the players he's talking about getting a swelled head. With that grounding in mind I think it's telling that he used that specific word.
Guys that play fabulously don't get redshirted.
Just sayin.
Who do you think he is taking mins from?

Smith (all at the 1) , Cox (prob will play the 1-3 at some point) Loyer (play the 2 and 3), Colvin (play the 2 and 3), Harris (will prob play 2 or 3 but maybe some 1) or Heide (will play the 3 and 4).

Smith (all at the 1) , Cox (prob will play the 1-3 at some point) Loyer (play the 2 and 3), Colvin (play the 2 and 3), Harris (will prob play 2 or 3 but maybe some 1) or Heide (will play the 3 and 4).
Yeah Benter will redshirt and between he and Burgess, we will be redshirting players most big ten teams would find minutes for.

Paint stacking talent

Matt doesn't say "Fabulous" about guys playing pretty well. He's pretty down to earth himself and usually doesn't want any of the players he's talking about getting a swelled head. With that grounding in mind I think it's telling that he used that specific word.
Guys that play fabulously don't get redshirted.
Just sayin.
100% agree with everything that you said but we may see exceptions this season where fabulous players do in fact redshirt.

Yeah Benter will redshirt and between he and Burgess, we will be redshirting players most big ten teams would find minutes for.

Paint stacking talent
Yeah not saying burgess or Benter aren’t good enough, just we have really experienced guys already that are more ready…which is OK. But if they are actually better than them, then that’s a huge win for us. I suspect they’ll red shirt tho.

Reactions: northside100

First, I am excited about every single player on the roster, and can't wait to see each and every one play. I don't get premium content, but has the news been this positive about Cox? Do we know that Cox is ready or that he is better than Benter? With Everything we have now heard about Benter, and knowing his size and strength, he could play multiple positions. My impressions about Cox is that he was recruited to play PG. I wonder if Painter planned to redshirt him while he learns from an All-American.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
First, I am excited about every single player on the roster, and can't wait to see each and every one play. I don't get premium content, but has the news been this positive about Cox? Do we know that Cox is ready or that he is better than Benter? With Everything we have now heard about Benter, and knowing his size and strength, he could play multiple positions. My impressions about Cox is that he was recruited to play PG. I wonder if Painter planned to redshirt him while he learns from an All-American.
Sounds like MP and staff are really high on Cox but it's not inconceivable that Benter pushes either Cox or Harris into a redshirt if MP determines that shooting is more of a need than having two additional ballhandlers available.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Cox is diff than Benter. Cox is a pg and apparently can make really tough shots and doesn’t get rattled. Benter is a shooter but I would guess cox is a bit more up to game speed than Benter…but that’s only based on practice clips 😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT