ADVERTISEMENT

Over/under in Chicago this weekend?

Pritzker will make sure those numbers “massaged” as he has “a chance” to be president

Wasn't too far off from my prediction.
Totals from the holiday weekend in Chicago
Boy...if they could just take down those monuments and statues, these problems would be solved.

Yep those darn statues!!

Or maybe create more handouts and then they wouldn't shoot each other. Lol

After all, do-gooders have created only 2200 handout programs through 438 agencies and sub-agencies manned by 2,870,000 plus federal workers....who other than the non DC workers like military & park employees make an average of $106,462.

Last edited:
Turns out it was Nixon's fault. Soon Uncle Pav will say he told us so.

Chi Mayor ....another despicable HATE filled race baiter stuck in the past......his quote..... "They’re still mad that a black man is free in this country,” Johnson said ....He went on to blame “right-wing extremism”

M
eanwhile, while he bables, more people are robbed and killed.....

Reactions: bonefish1
Chi Mayor ....another despicable HATE filled race baiter stuck in the past......his quote..... "They’re still mad that a black man is free in this country,” Johnson said ....He went on to blame “right-wing extremism”

M
eanwhile, while he bables, more people are robbed and killed.....
Yes Chicago, the last bastion of right wing extremism...errr...uhhh

Yep those darn statues!!

Or maybe create more handouts and then they wouldn't shoot each other. Lol

After all, do-gooders have created only 2200 handout programs through 438 agencies and sub-agencies manned by 2,870,000 plus federal workers....who other than the non DC workers like military & park employees make an average of $106,462.
My favorite vote-buying democratic scheme is universal income and reparations.
That's the ole' Democratic double strategy playbook of "throw money at the problem.....Oh hell, just give them money".

Reactions: Boiler Buck

It's amazing there are enough voters in Chicago who continue to put incompetent leaders in as mayor. They've had 2 disasters in a row now.

Chicago is a very extraordinarily incredible and excellent city that is in the midst of a gang war in West Garfield Park and Lawndale.

I’m curious how many of the Chicago critics have been there lately. You could plant yourself in the heart of downtown and you’d have to walk about seven miles in any direction to find a dangerous neighborhood. For the northern half of the City you could travel through and out of the city and never find a bad neighborhood. And those huge swaths of the City that aren’t in that awful area are safe and incredibly beautiful.

The current super-hot spots are very dangerous and need the police to address things immediately, but it’s one or two bad areas with a gang war happening.

Last edited:
Chicago is a very extraordinarily incredible and excellent city that is in the midst of a gang war in West Garfield Park and Lawndale.

I’m curious how many of the Chicago critics have been there lately. You could plant yourself in the heart of downtown and you’d have to walk about seven miles in any direction to find a dangerous neighborhood. For the northern half of the City you could travel through and out of the city and never find a bad neighborhood. And those huge swaths of the City that aren’t in that awful area are safe and incredibly beautiful.

The current super-hot spots are very dangerous and need the police to address things immediately, but it’s one or two bad areas with a gang war happening.
Serious question: Where do you live? Do you live in Chicago?

I lived in Chicago for 20 years (city, not burbs) and there's no 'midst of a gang war'. It's been going on for decades. It's not a recent phenomenon. It's relatively isolated to the South and West sides, but on the Northside, there are certainly a couple of $hit neighborhoods: Rogers Park, Uptown, Logan Square, Humboldt Park.
And, although downtown used to be relatively safe because Daley kept the animals in line, Michigan Ave isn't even free of the criminals.

I won't tell you the demographics consistent with these areas or the perps. You'll just get upset.

Well I had almost 25 years in Lakeview before recently moving and crime and safety was the major driver. And i'll assume you dont actually live in Chicago because the Uptown Wilson Red Line stop has been statistically the worst for crime for decades. Uptown was run by a Marxist overlord who promised no gentrification and was the intersection of 3 or 4 gangs. And West Rogers Park and parts of Rogers Park are on the northside also has long been dangerous. 7 homicides year to date.

The problem is your narrative no longer is true. River North experiences gun shots weekly. Not to mention frequent car jackings and assaults. The crime is no longer limited to the areas you mention. And people are leaving and not coming. And the child Mayor isn't solving anything. The best chance for improvement is a Trump victory and a replay of the DOJ 2020 task force that Federalized gun arrests and took them away from Kim Foxx. This put violent criminals in Federal prisons, off the street, and without bail so they could execute revenge killings (thanks to cashless bail).

Here's the data.

https://heyjackass.com/

Well I had almost 25 years in Lakeview before recently moving and crime and safety was the major driver. And i'll assume you dont actually live in Chicago because the Uptown Wilson Red Line stop has been statistically the worst for crime for decades. Uptown was run by a Marxist overlord who promised no gentrification and was the intersection of 3 or 4 gangs. And West Rogers Park and parts of Rogers Park are on the northside also has long been dangerous. 7 homicides year to date.

The problem is your narrative no longer is true. River North experiences gun shots weekly. Not to mention frequent car jackings and assaults. The crime is no longer limited to the areas you mention. And people are leaving and not coming. And the child Mayor isn't solving anything. The best chance for improvement is a Trump victory and a replay of the DOJ 2020 task force that Federalized gun arrests and took them away from Kim Foxx. This put violent criminals in Federal prisons, off the street, and without bail so they could execute revenge killings (thanks to cashless bail).

Here's the data.

https://heyjackass.com/
Beyond your anecdotal story, there’s the link with Chicago crime numbers, but without context.

So here’s that context; Chicago is 10th among large US cities in homicides per capita. Six of the nine ahead of Chicago are largely in “red” states.

St. LouisMissouri69.40275,5061,723/mi²
BaltimoreMaryland51.10559,2662,667/mi²
New OrleansLouisiana40.60357,767815/mi²
DetroitMichigan39.70631,5241,757/mi²
ClevelandOhio33.70359,6061,786/mi²
Las VegasNevada31.40665,6401,811/mi²
Kansas CityMissouri31.20511,532627/mi²
MemphisTennessee27.10613,110799/mi²
NewarkNew Jersey25.60303,0654,845/mi²
ChicagoIllinois242,638,1594,471/mi²
CincinnatiOhio23.80311,5951,544/mi²
PhiladelphiaPennsylvania20.201,533,8284,407/mi²

More raw data:

Lakeview is just below the national average crime rate-pretty solid when considering it’s in a dense urban area.

StatisticLake View/100k PeopleChicago/100k PeopleIllinois/100k PeopleNational/100k People
Total crime2,259(estimate)3,6731,9702,324
Murdern/a22.87.86.3
Rapen/a51.848.140.0
Robberyn/a337.484.766.1
Assaultn/a128.0146.7268.2
Violent crime221(estimate)540287370
Burglaryn/a287.5208.5269.8
Theftn/a2,046.41,192.71,401.9
Vehicle theftn/a799.0281.6282.7
Property crime2,038(estimate)3,1331,6831

Beyond your anecdotal story, there’s the link with Chicago crime numbers, but without context.

So here’s that context; Chicago is 10th among large US cities in homicides per capita. Six of the nine ahead of Chicago are largely in “red” states.

St. LouisMissouri69.40275,5061,723/mi²
BaltimoreMaryland51.10559,2662,667/mi²
New OrleansLouisiana40.60357,767815/mi²
DetroitMichigan39.70631,5241,757/mi²
ClevelandOhio33.70359,6061,786/mi²
Las VegasNevada31.40665,6401,811/mi²
Kansas CityMissouri31.20511,532627/mi²
MemphisTennessee27.10613,110799/mi²
NewarkNew Jersey25.60303,0654,845/mi²
ChicagoIllinois242,638,1594,471/mi²
CincinnatiOhio23.80311,5951,544/mi²
PhiladelphiaPennsylvania20.201,533,8284,407/mi²
I see you are replacing Bob as “Cap’n Cut and Paste.” Love the red state argument. Did you notice that all the places listed above are governed by Democrats? Many have Soros-prosecutors. As BNI has been told several times. Crime is a local jurisdiction. Not a State. In Cook County crimes are prosecuted by by Foxx. Sentences hand out in progressive judge Timothy Evans. Same for Missouri. Same for Tennessee. My apologies if this is the first time you are hearing that the Missouri AG doesn’t prosecute a car jacking in STL.

More raw data:

Lakeview is just below the national average crime rate-pretty solid when considering it’s in a dense urban area.

StatisticLake View/100k PeopleChicago/100k PeopleIllinois/100k PeopleNational/100k People
Murdern/a22.87.86.3
Rapen/a51.848.140.0
Robberyn/a337.484.766.1
Can you be honest? Did you live in Chicago Lakeview for 25 years? Do you live in Chicago now? I did. We used to walk home from bars at 3 am. Nobody would do that now. And 7 homocies in RP/WRP is normal? Thats a murder a month.

Here’s the thing. Violent crimes happen, Foxx drops to a misdemeanor or nothing at all. Guess what. Felony doesn’t happen. Also, the new FBI system has been flawed and high crime areas have been under-reporting.

Gun shots and violent crimes are occurring on a frequent basis in places never before. Northside. Streeterville. River North. Mag Mile. And if you actually do live in Chicago just ask a police officer. And ask why they are all retiring and they can’t recruit. Get back to me with your findings.

More raw data:

Murdern/a22.87.86.3
Rapen/a51.848.140.0
Robberyn/a337.484.766.1
Robberies up 83% in Town Hall District since 2020. Which was mine. Since you live in Chicago can you give a brief history on this HQ. It’s very interesting, you agree?

https://cwbchicago.com/2024/07/3-armed-robberies-reported-in-uptown-lakeview-overnight.html

I’ve heard this term many times from this board.

What is a “Soros prosecutor?”

Does that mean a black prosecutor? Maybe not; would like the definition and some examples of people that qualify.

FsbCESuXoAMr6VT

Did you read the criteria for that map? It’s kinda one of those “because we say so” things. “Receiving campaign ‘support’ from Soros-funded ‘or affiliated groups.” So one guy gives a candidate $100 and all of the sudden he’s a “Soros prosecutor “ under that definition.

Also, last year that organization which put out this map raised $13 million and spent $9 million of it in “administration.”

Finally, if you believe that map, the highest per capita concentration of severely progressive prosecutors are in the Southeast. Do you think there as many “Soros prosecutors” in Mississippi as in California? That’s where you’ve gone. Lol

Last edited:
Can you be honest? Did you live in Chicago Lakeview for 25 years? Do you live in Chicago now? I did. We used to walk home from bars at 3 am. Nobody would do that now. And 7 homocies in RP/WRP is normal? Thats a murder a month.

Here’s the thing. Violent crimes happen, Foxx drops to a misdemeanor or nothing at all. Guess what. Felony doesn’t happen. Also, the new FBI system has been flawed and high crime areas have been under-reporting.

Gun shots and violent crimes are occurring on a frequent basis in places never before. Northside. Streeterville. River North. Mag Mile. And if you actually do live in Chicago just ask a police officer. And ask why they are all retiring and they can’t recruit. Get back to me with your findings.
I highly doubt he lives in Chicago. Or, he claims he lives in Chicago, when in reality, he's in Schaumburg.
Probably attended a Cubs game at some point and thought "This is a great city? Where's all this crime I hear about?"

Does that mean a black prosecutor? Maybe not; would like the definition and some examples of people that qualify.
Are you going to answer the question about where you live? Or, will you keeping avoiding it?

Reactions: Joetboiler
Are you going to answer the question about where you live? Or, will you keeping avoiding it?
Dude probs lives in Lake Forest and shows he’s down with the cause with his lawn sign. Luxury beliefs for the luxury elite.

Don’t live in Chicago currently. Lived in Wicker Park Bucktown area until a few years ago. Really nice area and pretty safe for urban area. Not representative of the whole city, but no single area is representative of the whole city.

So where do you live?

Ooh! A “who’s got the worst neighborhood d*ck swinging contest!!

What part of Chicago do you live in?
I was getting a worse neighborhood after 25 years so we left. Armed car jackings across the street mid day next to my wife’s lakeview office. Guy got held up at gun point during the day in front of my Lakeview gym. People being physically assaulted and robbed on the Belmont red line in rush hour. A gun battle at Ashland and Addison near our home. Oh and my Federal police force issued safety notices to employees for early am and leaving late.

So I obviously lived in Chicago for an extended period, am not some delicate flower. But I got eyes. And I didn’t like talking to my family about “what to do when this happens and daddy ain’t with you.”

My experience. 15 years working in a Federal capacity on Reservations. I’ve seen some bad $hit. So I ain’t some slogan chanting babe thinking the world is full of just misunderstood people. So when people like you try to tell me something that’s happening isn’t, i just shake my head and move on.

Reactions: bonefish1
Did you read the criteria for that map? It’s kinda one of those “because we say so” things. “Receiving campaign ‘support’ from Soros-funded ‘or affiliated groups.” So one guy gives a candidate $100 and all of the sudden he’s a “Soros prosecutor “ under that definition.

Also, last year that organization which put out this map raised $13 million and spent $9 million of it in “administration.”

Finally, if you believe that map, the highest per capita concentration of severely progressive prosecutors are in the Southeast. Do you think there as many “Soros prosecutors” in Mississippi as in California? That’s where you’ve gone. Lol
More lack of knowledge exhibited. Yes.. Soros funds DA races in red states to control the prosecutors.. He funded Owens in Jackson MS at 500k. 1/2 million for a freaking DA race in Jackson, MS? He’s smart. He can’t always control the State, or the police. But if he can control the person who decides whether or not to prosecute criminals he controls the quality of life. And he can implement his Marxist belief and destroy the quality of Westernized life built on safety and security.

“He” is a 93 year old. Your Boogeyman wears Depends, sleeps 18 hours a day, and watches Murder She Wrote reruns for two hours a day.

Gascon, Boudin, Clegg, Krasner, Warren, all not black. I could list more but these are some of the most egregious,

They are elected via his funding and implement Soros justice dictates. No cash bail, no retail prosecution for under 1k, dropping felony charges at an alarming rate. All things that have destroyed cities. And in most situation hurt black and brown neighborhoods

Don’t live in Chicago currently. Lived in Wicker Park Bucktown area until a few years ago. Really nice area and pretty safe for urban area. Not representative of the whole city, but no single area is representative of the whole city.

So where do you live?
Lived in Wrigelyville, Lincoln Park, Old Town and Lincoln Square. Had to drive through Uptown, which is a $hit hole on Lawrence Ave to get to LSD.
So, if you lived in Chicago, not sure how you can say the gun violence is a new issue and concentrated in a few areas on the S or W sides. The S and W sides have been war zones for a long time. The new issue is the violence spilling over into areas like River North, W. Randolph, Streeterville, and even on Michigan Ave when the animals do their wilding every no and then.

Maybe WAY fewer guns would be a good idea.

The gun lobbies have put this crazy “more guns make us safer” bullsh!t into the mainstream. It’s so not true, and tons of people are easily armed, including so many mentally unstable.

Don't pretend to be ignorant. You obviously are not.

And for you to pretend that a 7-mile radius from downtown is incredibly safe based on your personal opinion, while discounting Chicago residents' experiences as "anecdotal", also discredits you.

Maybe WAY fewer guns would be a good idea.

The gun lobbies have put this crazy “more guns make us safer” bullsh!t into the mainstream. It’s so not true, and tons of people are easily armed, including so many mentally unstable.
I agree w/you. Too much gun violence. Will you stand with me to support 25 year minimum sentence for anybody using a gun in the commission of a crime? And a 10 year minimum for anybody found to illegally possess a firearm?

Together we can stick it to those gun lobbyists, you with me?

Reactions: Katscratch
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT