ADVERTISEMENT

Over/under in Chicago this weekend?

I agree w/you. Too much gun violence. Will you stand with me to support 25 year minimum sentence for anybody using a gun in the commission of a crime? And a 10 year minimum for anybody found to illegally possess a firearm?

Together we can stick it to those gun lobbyists, you with me?
Good luck with that, but 💯 yes! As the saying goes “lock em up.”

Gonna be tough because there’s 50 states that would have to sign on and not enough federal prosecutors to implement. So you’d have to hire a ton more federal prosecutors and law enforcement. Hope you’re okay with that!!

And ban weapons that are only useful for killing lots of people in a hurry, and bump stocks. Leave those for police SWAT and military.

That combo would be an huge improvement. Which is excellent because there’s no complete solution.

Last edited:
Good luck with that, but 💯 yes! As the saying goes “lock em up.”

Gonna be tough because there’s 50 states that would have to sign on and not enough federal prosecutors to implement. So you’d have to hire a ton more federal prosecutors and law enforcement. Hope you’re okay with that!!

And ban weapons that are only useful for killing lots of people in a hurry, and bump stocks. Leave those for police SWAT and military.

That combo would be an huge improvement. Which is excellent because there’s no complete solution.
You don’t have to hire anybody. Actually you need less prosecutors because you would have less repeat offenders. You also have to elect no Soros-funded DAs or pols that fail to prosecute and push cashless bail.

This is pretty simple. Violent felons who use guns tend to use guns again when not in jail.

https://cwbchicago.com/2024/07/16-y...obation-and-pretrial-release-prosecutors.html

https://cwbchicago.com/2024/07/paro...ecorded-himself-with-the-car-prosecutors.html

Reactions: Riveting-
You don’t have to hire anybody. Actually you need less prosecutors because you would have less repeat offenders. You also have to elect no Soros-funded DAs or pols that fail to prosecute and push cashless bail.

This is pretty simple. Violent felons who use guns tend to use guns again when not in jail.
Simple for intelligent people, but not for libs like KatstenchJM.

The state of Illinois does not have to wait for a federal law. If it really cares about blacks slaughtering each other in Chicago, it could prove it by passing its own law.

A 25-year minimum is a great idea because studies have shown the best deterrent to recidivism is getting older.

Simple for intelligent people, but not for libs like KatstenchJM.

The state of Illinois does not have to wait for a federal law. If it really cares about blacks slaughtering each other in Chicago, it could prove it by passing its own law.

A 25-year minimum is a great idea because studies have shown the best deterrent to recidivism is getting older.
What about the other 49 states?

https://cwbchicago.com/2024/07/16-y...obation-and-pretrial-release-prosecutors.html

https://cwbchicago.com/2024/07/paro...ecorded-himself-with-the-car-prosecutors.html
And we’re also gonna ban bump stocks and assault rifles, right?

They are going to be banned from people who use them and then get put away for at least 25 years. Those are the very people who need to have them banned.

And maybe at least a few others will see them sent to jail for 25 years and realize the cost/benefit ratio for committing crimes with firearms has changed significantly.

Last edited:
Reactions: bonefish1
Maybe WAY fewer guns would be a good idea.

The gun lobbies have put this crazy “more guns make us safer” bullsh!t into the mainstream. It’s so not true, and tons of people are easily armed, including so many mentally unstable.
No...the issue isn't fewer guns. It's fewer criminals.
Chicago already has some of the strictest gun laws in the country, yet they have, and have had, a major gun violence issue. Why is that?

Also, a lot of people on the northside own guns (I was one of them), yet, gun violence on the northside is rare. Why is that?

One word.....Culture.

Beyond your anecdotal story, there’s the link with Chicago crime numbers, but without context.

So here’s that context; Chicago is 10th among large US cities in homicides per capita. Six of the nine ahead of Chicago are largely in “red” states.

St. LouisMissouri69.40275,5061,723/mi²
BaltimoreMaryland51.10559,2662,667/mi²
New OrleansLouisiana40.60357,767815/mi²
DetroitMichigan39.70631,5241,757/mi²
ClevelandOhio33.70359,6061,786/mi²
Las VegasNevada31.40665,6401,811/mi²
Kansas CityMissouri31.20511,532627/mi²
MemphisTennessee27.10613,110799/mi²
NewarkNew Jersey25.60303,0654,845/mi²
ChicagoIllinois242,638,1594,471/mi²
CincinnatiOhio23.80311,5951,544/mi²
PhiladelphiaPennsylvania20.201,533,8284,407/mi²
Every couple of months one of you goofs pulls this up like it's a positive light on Democrat leaders. Hilarious!

I agree w/you. Too much gun violence. Will you stand with me to support 25 year minimum sentence for anybody using a gun in the commission of a crime? And a 10 year minimum for anybody found to illegally possess a firearm?

Together we can stick it to those gun lobbyists, you with me?
I've professed for years that to own a fire arm a person should go through an extensive back ground check, be required to take a fire arm safety course and pass it.
Once you have your license you should be allowed to carry in any public space in the US.
Chicago included.
No more of this BS that I can't take my fire arm with me, when traveling through certain parts of the Country.
And most of the areas are where the highest crime rates are. More reason to have my weapon with me.

So here’s that context; Chicago is 10th among large US cities in homicides per capita. Six of the nine ahead of Chicago are largely in “red” states.

St. LouisMissouri69.40275,5061,723/mi²
BaltimoreMaryland51.10559,2662,667/mi²
New OrleansLouisiana40.60357,767815/mi²
DetroitMichigan39.70631,5241,757/mi²
ClevelandOhio33.70359,6061,786/mi²
Las VegasNevada31.40665,6401,811/mi²
Kansas CityMissouri31.20511,532627/mi²
MemphisTennessee27.10613,110799/mi²
NewarkNew Jersey25.60303,0654,845/mi²
ChicagoIllinois242,638,1594,471/mi²
CincinnatiOhio23.80311,5951,544/mi²
PhiladelphiaPennsylvania20.201,533,8284,407/mi²
So just fact checking here. What are the six red cities? If you are saying Las Vegas is red, I’m going to need some background evidence. Two senators are Democrats and voted Democrat every year since 2004. Maryland, Detroit and Newark aren’t close to being red.

So the list above is 50/50🤔

Different from the “facts” you presented

Last edited:
Can you define an assault rifle and tell me what percentage of crimes were committed with the assistance of a bump stock? If we do ban them what direct effect can I expect say in number of car jackings? My theory is most violent criminals use handguns because they are portable, can be concealed, cheap, and disposable. And I am for taking actions that resolve problems,.

With that said, what is a bigger factor in the violent crime problems in Chicago? Bump stocks? Or a justice system that has these types of results?
https://cwbchicago.com/2024/07/get-...but-didnt-spend-a-single-night-in-prison.html

Reactions: BoilerHuff3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT